Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Royal Academy to discuss "extra-terrestrial life and the UN agenda"

Options
  • 01-10-2010 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Read more
    http://tinyurl.com/25pvqlj

The UN’s Mazlan Othman says she’ll be attending the conference at The Royal Society of London for the Improvement of Natural Knowledge (aka “The Royal Society“) next week. She has said that she’ll be talking about how the world deals with “near-Earth objects.”

Mazlan Othman, is the Malaysian astrophysicist who heads the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA). She has also denied rumors that she’ll be appointed the UN’s Earth Ambassador to extraterrestrials.

Discussing “near-Earth objects” sounds like an important issue. After all, an asteroid was recently detected that will pass “dangerously close” to the Earth in mid-October.

But one look at The Royal Society’s website reveals that the topic of the conference isn’t “near-Earth objects.” Rather, the title of the conference is: “Towards a scientific and societal agenda on extra-terrestrial life.”

http://royalsociety.org/extra-terrestrial-life/
    Four panel debates include

Calling ET, or not even answering the phone?

Societal questions raised by the detection of extra-terrestrial life

What could studies of extra-terrestrial life tell us about the future of humanity?

Extra-terrestrial life and arising political issues for the UN agenda

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Where is the CT? A discussion of the possible discovery of ET someday and how to handle it seems appropriate. Given our current level of technology, near Earth objects may eventually produce a discovery of ET life. They are not hiding anything in making this public announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Where is the CT? A discussion of the possible discovery of ET someday and how to handle it seems appropriate. Given our current level of technology, near Earth objects may eventually produce a discovery of ET life. They are not hiding anything in making this public announcement.

Hmmm, is it your job to check threads for legitimacy ?
    I thought it was to obvious to stress. I'll spell it out for you...

Firstly it was reported that the UN had appointed someone (Mazlan Othman) to be first contact for ET. See here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056043765

Then the UN denied these reports.
    Then the Royal Society say they are having a conference and Mazlan Othman is invited to discuss "near-Earth objects".
    But a look at the Royal Society's website states that on the Four panel debates include....

1. Calling ET, or not even answering the phone?

2. Societal questions raised by the detection of extra-terrestrial life

3. What could studies of extra-terrestrial life tell us about the future of humanity?

4. Extra-terrestrial life and arising political issues for the UN agenda.

So, evidentially someone is telling porkies and trying, though admittedly not very well, to cover it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

So they are covering it up by posting it on the Royal Academy website??? These people are geniuses and clearly something we need to watch out for.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    So they are covering it up by posting it on the Royal Academy website??? These people are geniuses and clearly something we need to watch out for.

And you are also a genius also, you have managed to pretty much say what I said before I said it..

Oh no actually, you said it after.

And you make no sense at all. They are covering things up by posting them on freely accessible websites? How cunning!

• Advertisement

And you make no sense at all. They are covering things up by posting them on freely accessible websites? How cunning!

You have missed the conspiracy.

Maybe you could tell us again because it ain't making much sense.

Maybe you could tell us again because it ain't making much sense.

Our transsexual appearing friend Mazlan Othman who now is apparently not our first contact for aliens is attending a conference supposedly regarding “near-Earth objects”.

But will actually be discussing something else, namely ET's.

Our transsexual appearing friend Mazlan Othman who now is apparently not our first contact for aliens is attending a conference supposedly regarding “near-Earth objects”.

But will actually be discussing something else, namely ET's.

Where did she say that...apart from an unreferenced article in the link posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

nearly as bad as them NWO secret organistation who keeping putting symbols and messages abotu themselves around...
    lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I'm not incredibly interested in the whole area of ET's and UFO's, but questioning how something pertaining to those subjects has anything to do with Conspiracy theories is laughable, I'm sure you know this to be true, so why did you post it? First reply as well, bang off topic.

There might not be a conspiracy involved in holding a discussion about these things, but it is of interest to a lot of people here and the tpoics do relate directly to CT's and CT research.

robtri wrote: »
    nearly as bad as them NWO secret organistation who keeping putting symbols and messages abotu themselves around...
    lol

You haven't done much more than glance at CT research and slag it off have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

nullzero wrote: »
    You haven't done much more than glance at CT research and slag it off have you?

whether i have or not is unimportant... there is no CT here....

What?
    A serious discussion about CT related topics is very much within the remit of this forum.

It is important that you should understand something before you attempt to de construct it, otherwise you're only going on your own opinion as oppossed to fact, which I am sure is dead aginst what most sceptics strive for.

Where did she say that...apart from an unreferenced article in the link posted.

Ughhh.. cop on man will ya, I'm not here to school you..

Here is the link again..

Read it, then say sorry.

Why don't you cry out to the forum gods and see if they agree :)

Push the button report.gif

Ughhh.. cop on man will ya, I'm not here to school you..

Here is the link again..

Read it, then say sorry.

:rolleyes: I know the conference is happening but where did she say it was about near-earth objects??

:rolleyes: I know the conference is happening but where did she say it was about near-earth objects??

Here
    Instead, she will use the conference to discuss the problems posed by "space debris mitigation, near-Earth objects (asteroids) and the coordination mechanism for the use of space technology in the United Nations system," Gaziyev said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/09/27/appoints-contact-visiting-space-aliens/

And Here..
    Dr Othman is quoted as saying she is attending a conference next week on how the world deals with “near-Earth objects”.
    http://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2010/09/alien_diplomacy

Again, read it, then come back and say... SORRY :)

You do realise that UNOOSA is the UN agency responsible for co-ordinating responses to NEOs, technology uses and other developments in space. It seems that these people are the biggest eejits in the history of the world if you are trying to say they are attempting a cover-up. The conference is plastered all over the Royal Society website and is most definitely not being covered up. Even in the same story Othman is quoted as saying The continued search for extraterrestrial communication, by several entities, sustains the hope that some day humankind will receive signals from extraterrestrials.

We are always told that the UN etc are trying to decieve us all into a NWO. Well if this is the type of 'cover-ups' that they do then we most most definitely have nothing to fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

You do realise that UNOOSA is the UN agency responsible for co-ordinating responses to NEOs, technology uses and other developments in space. It seems that these people are the biggest eejits in the history of the world if you are trying to say they are attempting a cover-up. The conference is plastered all over the Royal Society website and is most definitely not being covered up. Even in the same story Othman is quoted as saying The continued search for extraterrestrial communication, by several entities, sustains the hope that some day humankind will receive signals from extraterrestrials.

We are always told that the UN etc are trying to decieve us all into a NWO. Well if this is the type of 'cover-ups' that they do then we most most definitely have nothing to fear.

Emm, you got what you asked for, you must have been banging that barrage of sh1t out on your keyboard really hard, I could feel the emotion in it.

Just say Sorry for not knowing what you were talking about and move on.

• Advertisement

uprising2 wrote: »
    Emm, you got what you asked for, you must have been banging that barrage of sh1t out on your keyboard really hard, I could feel the emotion in it.

Just say Sorry for not knowing what you were talking about and move on.

:pac: Are you Talkie Walkie in disguise?

This is the worst CT ever. UN is covering up an ET conference but those eejits in the Royal Society put it up on their website. Foiled again.

The openness, the amount of couldn't give a fcuk is part of the conspiracy. It is the conspiracy. numb cocks

The openness, the amount of couldn't give a fcuk is part of the conspiracy. It is the conspiracy. numb cocks

Huh? Talking about ETs openly is now part of the CT....riiiight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

:pac: Are you Talkie Walkie in disguise?

This is the worst CT ever. UN is covering up an ET conference but those eejits in the Royal Society put it up on their website. Foiled again.

To be honest I couldn't care less what the CT is, you asked for something that you automatically dismissed, it was provided, proving you hadn't a clue what you were talking about, looking like an eejit yourself in the process.

Just say Sorry.

uprising2 wrote: »
    To be honest I couldn't care less what the CT is, you asked for something that you automatically dismissed, it was provided, proving you hadn't a clue what you were talking about, looking like an eejit yourself in the process.

Just say Sorry.

:pac: It is you Talkie!! :D

I have read what was posted. Some aide is quoted and then a comment is attributed to Othman. Is it possible wires were crossed in the same way that the media made up the alien ambassador rubbish last week from a misquote? We are constantly told mainstream media is full of crap and lies so why believe this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Think-tanks and organisations are always coming up with contingency plans for all sorts of things. It's not scientifically impossible that we could be visited by extra terrestrials some day. The laws of physics provide ways to travel vast distances so that those on board a spacecraft could travel 20 light years in about 2 or three years (space ship frame of reference) by accelerating 1g for half the journey and then decelerating at the same rate for the rest of the journey. All you need is the energy of about 2 billion of the bomb dropped on Nagasaki assuming a Columbia-sized craft (I can't find the citation for that and can't be arsed calculating it but I'm open to correction by any physicists out there. If I have time I'll show the calculation another time but I'd rather not ask people to just trust me). It's definitely possible and can't be discounted that we could be visited. For this reason, it makes sense to have a "plan" in case they do show up and doing it through the UN makes the most sense. It doesn't mean that we have been visited. In fact, it implies that we haven't been visited yet.

I don't see any conspiracy here nor do I see any cover-up. It's just about having a plan just in case.

Think-tanks and organisations are always coming up with contingency plans for all sorts of things. It's not scientifically impossible that we could be visited by extra terrestrials some day. The laws of physics provide ways to travel vast distances so that those on board a spacecraft could travel 20 light years in about 2 or three years (space ship frame of reference) by accelerating 1g for half the journey and then decelerating at the same rate for the rest of the journey. All you need is the energy of about 2 billion of the bomb dropped on Nagasaki assuming a Columbia-sized craft (I can't find the citation for that and can't be arsed calculating it but I'm open to correction by any physicists out there. If I have time I'll show the calculation another time but I'd rather not ask people to just trust me). It's definitely possible and can't be discounted that we could be visited. For this reason, it makes sense to have a "plan" in case they do show up and doing it through the UN makes the most sense. It doesn't mean that we have been visited. In fact, it implies that we haven't been visited yet.

I don't see any conspiracy here nor do I see any cover-up. It's just about having a plan just in case.

"The laws of physics" lol

Such a human point ov view... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

The UN wants depopulation , extraterrestrials would want depopulation of humans as well , to make it easier for them to take our planet .

Thats what i think its about . :(

espinolman wrote: »
    The UN wants depopulation , extraterrestrials would want depopulation of humans as well , to make it easier for them to take our planet .

Thats what i think its about . :(

Frown not, my friend. :D

They don't wish to depopulate us, they want to keep us busy, sick, worried enough, to not think about them or anything else that actually matters.

It's not working though.

We are waking up in huge numbers and our combined spirits are very powerful :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

"The laws of physics" lol

Such a human point ov view... :)

They can be shown to apply equally to the whole universe I'm afraid. Whatever language or axioms used to express them, the same rules apply.

Advertisement