Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do some of the people who reply to threads just depress ya

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

WindSock wrote: »
    No of course it isn't, but you know what I meant by it. I didn't intend to insult anyone. The reason I had a gripe was because my friend worked as one and was bullied and looked down upon by some of the nurses, who took the credit for some of the toughest work (dirty work) imo. Moving the patients in the beds, lifting them, washing them, changing their clothes, etc.
    I worked as a home care assistant myself for a brief spell, I have to say I enjoyed it as I was on my own with the elderly in their homes and I was not getting hen pecked like my friend, even when some of the clients themselves said they preferred the care assistants when they were in hospital to the nurses, that made me wonder. That is what annoyed me intially about the nurses struggle. There are plenty of others working their asses off in hospitals, not just the nurses.
    I was wrong also to assume they were always on strike. Must have been getting them mixed up with the teachers.

Windsock; moving, washing, changing and feeding is what a Care Assistant does! That's the job. And no, it's not dirty work, it's CARE!

Having said that, I too have experienced bullying at the hands of nurses. Again, I stress, the majority of nurses are fantastic, hard working people but sadly, it does seem to attract a minority who need a victim. There are some (tiny minority) who think that they don't have to do any "hands-on" when the HCA is around. If your friend was left lifting heavy patients alone she should have complained to management, as this is strictly against Health and Safety. In my experience, nurses that bully HCAs also bully other nurses, students and can make life harder than it needs to be for junior Dr.s. In short, it's not the fact that they are nurses that's the problem, it's the fact that they are bullies. You will find them everywhere, I'm afraid. I've met some less than caring HCAs too, you know?

IMO, most nurses, Drs, HCAs, porters, in fact, anyone who works in health, are decent, caring people doing a very tough jobs that all, in their own way, are stressfull and demanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

What I hate is when someone asks for advice in the Personal Issues forum and a bunch of idiots post sarcastic or just downright ignorant replies. It annoys me more than depresses me though. As for After Hours, I don't really care enough about it enough to let it depress me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Woke this morning in a good mood. Ready for a good weekend. Logged onto AH to see if any epic threads had germinated overnight hopefully with a few good laughs plastered around it.

Sadly as with the case of most days of late in AH,no,I am met with depressing stuff, eg. a kid being tapped to a wall by a couple of distinctly inbred looking twats from a story from The Daily Mail.

Maybe it's just me and I might be getting overly sensitive in my old age but the fun has really gone from this place, replaced by the mindless begrudgery, bigotry and delusion and determination to flood the forum with everything depressing that can be found on the internet.

AH is really losing it's appeal for me anyway and don't tell me to head over to Rainbows and Sunshine, I haven't the required dose of medication to be able to survive there.

Even this thread with it's initial good OP has another thread running concurrently within.

Anyway I am not going to add to the problem as I see it and going to go and try and make the most of my weekend.
    Have a good one all. :)

Advertisement