Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do some of the people who reply to threads just depress ya

Options
  • 01-10-2010 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭

:mad:

For example someone says i have lost my job and im struggling to get by at the moment...in an instant you will get someone saying get rid of the broadband and sky the that reply will get multiply thanks...the inference is that the original poster is a feckless waster!!!!!

Then theres....everyone on social welfare is a sponger followed by lots of hear say...that one always gets lots of thanks as well

Followed by all public servants are a bunch of wasters.

I was following a tread in the Irish economy about public servants and one of the contributories said nursing is becoming a glamor profession!!! only in Ireland would you get someone saying nursing was a glamorous profession...you would never get a German saying something like that.

The amount of resentment, ignorance, nastiness among Irish people is astounding.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

mariaalice wrote: »

For example someone says i have lost my job and im struggling to get by at the moment...in an instant you will get someone saying get rid of the broadband and sky the that reply will get multiply thanks...the inference is that the original poster is a feckless waster!!!!!

Then theres....everyone on social welfare is a sponger followed by lots of hear say...that one always gets lots of thanks as well

I was following a tread in the Irish economy about public servants and one of the contributories said nursing is becoming a glamor profession!!! only in Ireland would you get someone saying nursing was a glamorous profession...you would never get a German saying something like that.

The amount of resentment, ignorance, nastiness among Irish people is astounding.

Isn't it wonderful?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

CorkMan threads depress me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I was following a tread in the Irish economy about public servants and one of the contributories said nursing is becoming a glamor profession!!! only in Ireland would you get someone saying nursing was a glamorous profession...you would never get a German saying something like that
    Very true; they'd be saying it in German.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Nope. I ignore the stuff that might annoy me and concentrate on the good stuff. No point in getting upset over something someone said on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,487 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

get off yer arse and get a job ya feckless waster, and getting rid of your BB and sky will save you some money in the meantime

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

only in Ireland would you get someone saying nursing was a glamorous profession...you would never get a German saying something like that.

Have you already forgotten the glory of Die Schwarzwaldklinik?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Yeah I agree with you. Like when someone starts one of those "Irish people are all begrudgers" or "why are so many Irish people nasty" threads right?

Yeah it's fukking annoying alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

gavredking wrote: »

+1 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Not really - most people on boards are scumbag scroungers, Daddy's rich offspring or think they're witty internet nerd. So opinions here are nonsicle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Nurses are too highly celebrated in this country. It's a fking job, which you get paid good wages for. If you don't like it then shut up and piss off. It's the lower paid and less celebrated nurses aids that do all the dirty work anyway.

/depressing reply, you were looking for?

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    So opinions here are nonsicle

I just had a weird image of a paedophilic ice pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

I think we should all kick them in the face :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Caring too much about the ins and outs of threads in After Hours depresses me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I depress myself sometimes... Then I realise I am a funny fcuker and have a laugh about it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

YES. There are these, with never have anything constructive to say will derogate the issue and say "I'm alright Jack, so *** you"/ "You cushy ******* you should be so lucky/ you racketeers". Increasing number of em on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

WindSock wrote: »
    Nurses are too highly celebrated in this country.

By whom? Any paise I've given or heard has been well earned I can assure you.
    It's a fking job, which you get paid good wages for.

Just a job? I think not. Good wages? Having worked with them for many years, they certainly are not well paid enough.
    nurses aids that do all the dirty work anyway.

Precisely, that's why they are called nurses aids.

gugleguy wrote: »
    YES. There are these, with never have anything constructive to say will derogate the issue and say "I'm alright Jack, so *** you"/ You cushy ******* you should be so lucky/ you racketeers/bigots. Increasing number of em on boards.ie

Your haul of 8 posts a year must contain some really constructive humdingers if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

Would have to agree with you there, been lucky enough to only have a few hospital encounters but each time the nursing staff have been outstanding. Particularily the midwives and trainee midwives in The Coombe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

People are sooooooo mean. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Ah that's just modern Ireland for you. Instead of doing what the French and Greeks did we whinge and moan, and not even about the people that caused all this:eek:, oh no we moan and whinge about the people stitching us back together, ****ing Irish, god I'd love to leave. The more this recession goes on and the more I see idiots blaming everyone except the people that deserve it the more I honestly think we deserve to be treated like serfs. So sick of people trying to tear each other down instead of tearing down the government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

get off yer arse and get a job ya feckless waster, and getting rid of your BB and sky will save you some money in the meantime

says my boards enemy who doesn't know the rules of the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Spending too much time on After Hours can really get you down.
    Replaced are the laughs for anything that is depressing to some degree.

After Hours is suppose to be that Pub where you go to forget your troubles and have a laugh with people of your kind.

Of late I feel like I have been drinking with homeless winos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭LarrytheLantern

i agree with you, and must admit i'm guilty of it myself.
    i wouldn't necessarily call it nastiness.

i think it's more CYNICISM and it's a symptom of the level of frustration & helplessness most people in this tiny screwed up little rain sodden rock are now feeling.

if you even attempt to be idealistic here, people will immediately assume you're cracking up.:o

curlzy wrote: »
    Ah that's just modern Ireland for you. Instead of doing what the French and Greeks did we whinge and moan, and not even about the people that caused all this:eek:,

What did the French do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What do they do that goes beyond their job to earn it? They look after the sick and the dying. That is their job description, that is what they do. That is what they train to do. They go into the job knowing the implications and difficulty and the salary scale. Yet they still strike twice a year.

Precisely, that's why they are called nurses aids.

And they get praised far less than nurses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

What did the French do?

I'm going to assume that's a joke, if not, google "french protests 2010" ;)

curlzy wrote: »
    I'm going to assume that's a joke, if not, google "french protests 2010" ;)

One result - your post. That's pretty cool, there's a word for when you define something that only comes into existence the moment you say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

gavredking wrote: »

He's from Cork, it's a depressing place. Anyway, he appears to be a trainee tabloid journalist - just look at his thread titles. The button is looming for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,010 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

What did the French do?

The same as Ireland's going to do i.e. surrender to the Germans.

Advertisement