Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Rage Death

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭LarrytheLantern

xzanti wrote: »
    On a Sunday too :eek: :confused:

Could understand a Tuesday morning or something..

apparently the perp was late for mass.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

fryup wrote: »
    is road rage common in ireland? taught it was a UK passtime

No, we practice road begrudgery for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Bloody awful tragedy and see no need for insulting commentaries.

Reminds me of the recent TV doc above a road rage inicident in London, one guy stabbed and killed another motorist. Fair play to the Cops, the perp was tracked down eventually in Spain and subsequently charged, sentenced and now doing Life in prison in UK.

I hope the Gardai can do likewise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ffs we can't slag off a 'celebrity' anymore - but its cool to make fun of an ordinary family man's violent death.

The man's remains probably haven't yet been returned to his loved one's yet and this sh*t goes down!.

For shame guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Ffs we can't slag off a 'celebrity' anymore - but its cool to make fun of an ordinary family man's violent death.

The man's remains probably haven't yet been returned to his loved one's yet and this sh*t goes down!.

For shame guys.

Yeah but celebs are are more likely to take legal action than punters and that's all boards gives a shít about these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭LarrytheLantern

not that i wish to condone in any way this awful action, but i do feel it's symtomatic of how people in this country appear to be losing control of everything.

Truly dreadful.

that said i recall my days in England and the road rage there was really quite scary. if you even looked at a fellow motorist you were likely to be run-off the road. a complete nutter followed my all the way to my home (over 150 miles) after i gave him the fingers. he left rather quickly after my flatmate, who was a bouncer/body-builder, came to the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

bonerm wrote: »
    Yeah but celebs are are more likely to take legal action than punters and that's all boards gives a shít about these days.

If that were the case, and I don't believe it is. I'd question my position and continued participation here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

If any of Raymond Bates' family are reading this thread, then please be aware that jokes and puns are par for the course in this forum and nobody is making fun of Raymond's tragic and shocking death.

We trust justice will be swift and appropriate.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Its not hurley, it's hurl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

must be some knacker to have a hurley at the ready and smash someones skull over an incident, wish we had death penalty for things like that

Yeah if we had the death penalty we wouldn't have had our first road rage murder until at least 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cats_Toon_Rower

must be some knacker to have a hurley at the ready

Remember some people play hurling. Its not a weapon, just a sporting instrument. Plenty of people have one or more in their car.

Jokes might be fine when you something happens in another country but in your own backyard......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

fryup wrote: »
    is road rage common in ireland? taught it was a UK passtime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

RTE have updated this horrific story http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1001/batesr.html

I live not far from there and according to one of the tabloids, the possible offender who presented himself to the Garda station lives locally :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 englishman

If any of Raymond Bates' family are reading this thread, then please be aware that jokes and puns are par for the course in this forum and nobody is making fun of Raymond's tragic and shocking death.

We trust justice will be swift and appropriate.

so jokes n puns are allowed then because of this forum!!! even at the expense of someones elses loss, i am a family member and truly hope that non of you lot on here, bar a few who do seem to have a heart, donot have to endure what the family are going through, his body hasnt been released, but his wife n kids have had to return home, put yrselves in their shoes and then you might learn to keep yr mouths shut...have a bit repect if u can manage that, and less of the jokes please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

englishman wrote: »
    so jokes n puns are allowed then because of this forum!!! even at the expense of someones elses loss

Englishman, my own view - for what it's worth - is that I don't think anyone was intending to be disrespectful towards the late Mr Bates or was making light of the incident, but just making a few cheap jokes about the national Irish sport.

If you think that any of the posts have crossed the line of decency, do report to a mod it by clicking the report button on the left.

This is obviously a terrible time for his family and friends, and you have my deepest sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

>Expecting sympathy and respectful posting in AH.
    >whatthefúckamireading.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

bnt wrote: »
    I was expecting worse than this, to be honest. No-one seems to have picked up on the nationality of the victim, vs. the very Irish way he was assaulted. If an English person attacked an Irish person with a cricket bat, it would be front page news here. :rolleyes:

I think most people have moved on from the Irish vs the English so I don't see what has to be picked up by the very 'Irish' way he was assualted. If a basball bat was used would it have made a difference?

And how much worse were you expecting?
    A man died for no reason, that's pretty bad in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Camán, we're just having a laugh, this is After Hours after all

I think everyone should remember this thread....look at the quote of my post in the 3rd or 4th post...

then read all the abuse i got for making a joke..

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055988857&highlight=starved+death

mink_man wrote: »
    I think everyone should remember this thread....look at the quote of my post in the 3rd or 4th post...

then read all the abuse i got for making a joke..

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055988857&highlight=starved+death

Well the jokes/ puns made on this thread were about hurleys, sliothers etc.
    They were not about a handicapped person who starved to death having spent God knows how long wasting away while her mother was close by already dead.

I haven't read a direct insult/ joke about the deceased man in this thread but more of a play on words surrounding the weapon used. It may be in bad taste but it is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Simplest solution is to stay in your car and lock your doors. Nothing will happen to you then, your car may be damaged but at least you will still be alive.

• Advertisement

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Simplest solution is to stay in your car and lock your doors. Nothing will happen to you then, your car may be damaged but at least you will still be alive.

So what do you do if someone petrol bombs your car?
    Stay inside with the doors locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Some of ye haven't exactly show yourselves in a good light here.

Again, Please report posts.

Deepest sympathies to the victim's family.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement