Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Against the Grain, Wexford St, Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Des wrote: »
    Anyone know does Against The Grain have a bookable area/room?

What size is it? and does it have the full bar available?

Upstairs, quite big, give them a ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Upstairs, quite big, give them a ring.

Thanks very much! I'll give them a bell now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Thanks very much! I'll give them a bell now.

It's also free, which is nice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

MediaTank wrote: »
    It's also free, which is nice.
    In fact I saw one of their posters last month (dunno if it was Christmas parties only or what) which said if you book a party, every guest gets a free beer bat: a great way to help the partyers who aren't familiar with the beers decide what to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

BeerNut wrote: »
    In fact I saw one of their posters last month (dunno if it was Christmas parties only or what) which said if you book a party, every guest gets a free beer bat: a great way to help the partyers who aren't familiar with the beers decide what to drink.

The poster was for Christmas parties (unless there was another similar one that I didn't see). The beer bar was definitely a popular idea with our Christmas party, even among those who wouldn't be particularly into craft beer, so it's a nice way to get a group in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

What size is it? and does it have the full bar available?

One thing to be aware of on this - there's no upstairs bar that I'm aware of, so you'll be up and down to the bar all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

rubadub wrote: »

How slow am I.

I never thought to even check for them on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zipzoc

7 pm on a Tuesday or Wednesday wouldn't be so good, but for a bar in a busy spot like that I think music is essential to attract people on a Fri. and Sat. night and that its commercial suicide not to have it, I'm not talking about blaring but at a listen-able level. I think most people (anyone I know at least, friends in their 30s and 40s) like a quiet drink during the week but are up for something a bit more happening on wkend nights and don't want to go into a place thats "dead". The Dice Bar for instance is jammed on wkend nights, they have great djs playing an eclectic mixture of sounds and some good microbrews and are off the beaten track, no reason why ATG shouldn't be too, they have a huge catchment area, but my friends and I found the drink great but the atmosphere lacking in the place. I realize that you cant please everyones but they obviously need to start filling out the place to make it work as a business. I think in future I'll head to it on weekdays for a quite one and stick to Anois and Whelans at the weekend for good sounds and atmos.

The DJs in Dice Bar play their music WAY too loud. It's why I stopped going there.

Advertisement