Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all have a riot!

Options
  • 30-09-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭

I'm British. I left the UK as I was so appalled with the lack of freedom and liberty. I was appalled at the way my fellow 'subjects' stared mindlessly and even criticised those who should be praised.

I took my place in the poll tax riots. My father took his place during the minors strike. I question police when they are wrong. I help others when I can. Yet I left because I knew the system was so corrupt there was nothing more I could do. One man can not make a difference. It's all a lie.

I moved to Ireland (wifes family is Irish) and took the perspective that rather like someone elses house I can see the issues but not care. It's not my house you see. Not my job to fix the cracks.

I can take no more though.

When the **** are you all going to stand up & be counted? When are you going to say 'enough is enough, we want justice!'. Every person in the country other than the highest earners, politicians and bankers have been ****ed over by an issue that was not caused by you. You are bailing people out who should be in prison. You have leaders who strangle democracy by not holding elections.

Democracy, Liberty, Freedom & Justice are the 4 things that any person should be willing to fight for. You have lost your democracy. You have lost your justice. What are you going to do?

Stand and fight now. Demand that justice is done by charging those responsible. Demand that elections are held to allow democracy once again. Make the people 'in power' remember that this is a republic, not theirs but yours and it is you that is in power.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

ch750536 wrote: »
    I'm British.

Stopped reading here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I'm British. I left the UK as I was so appalled with the lack of freedom and liberty. I was appalled at the way my fellow 'subjects' stared mindlessly and even criticised those who should be praised.

I took my place in the poll tax riots. My father took his place during the minors strike. I question police when they are wrong. I help others when I can. Yet I left because I knew the system was so corrupt there was nothing more I could do. One man can not make a difference. It's all a lie.

I moved to Ireland (wifes family is Irish) and took the perspective that rather like someone elses house I can see the issues but not care. It's not my house you see. Not my job to fix the cracks.

I can take no more though.

When the **** are you all going to stand up & be counted? When are you going to say 'enough is enough, we want justice!'. Every person in the country other than the highest earners, politicians and bankers have been ****ed over by an issue that was not caused by you. You are bailing people out who should be in prison. You have leaders who strangle democracy by not holding elections.

Democracy, Liberty, Freedom & Justice are the 4 things that any person should be willing to fight for. You have lost your democracy. You have lost your justice. What are you going to do?

Stand and fight now. Demand that justice is done by charging those responsible. Demand that elections are held to allow democracy once again. Make the people 'in power' remember that this is a republic, not theirs but yours and it is you that is in power.

I think a protest would be a better idea than a riot. It's clearer what people want then, and you know. safer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

eh... no...

mikom wrote: »
    Stopped reading here.

Yeah, he or she obviously just wants us back in the commonwealth where they can take all our assets and... debts...

Hang on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Sorry. I think you've mistaken this place for a country that believes in something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Unfortunately, it's going to take the very food being taken out of peoples' hands for them to get up and start being counted. In this country, we're all very good at talking a good riot, but when it comes to the crunch, very few of us actually leave our houses to show our outrage. Our politicians know this. And they're absolutely brilliant at pushing us to the brink and then doing something to calm us down. But I think things are coming to a head. Things are beginning to happen, and if things keep going the way they;re going, you'll see people start to take action. At least, I hope that's where things are headed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I agree 100% but this is after hours and there is several people writing witty responses to see who can get the most thanks as i write this.

A huge f*ckin protest needs to be organised, not a little mamby pamby girly protest, i'm talking over 100,000 on O'Connell street in Dublin.

Edit: and Mikom didnt disappoint...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

If you're not happy here, go back to inger-land.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Christ. Luckily not all of us think like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Christ. Luckily not all of us think like that.

Lucky some of us still do.
    It's simple really, if he not happy, leave.
    Lots of Irish people are not happy here and are leaving too - its the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

whycliff wrote: »
    A huge f*ckin protest needs to be organised, not a little mamby pamby girly protest, i'm talking over 100,000 on O'Connell street in Dublin.

Not enough shoes in Schuh...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm British, lets start a riot....

Par for the course really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

whycliff wrote: »
    I agree 100% but this is after hours and there is several people writing witty responses to see who can get the most thanks as i write this.

Edit: and Mikom didnt disappoint...

The taxi driver's will block it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Sure what do young people have to strike about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

People Skills 101 : Very few people take kindly to being told what to do by an outsider.

MidlandsM wrote: »

No point trying to take positive action surely. Just suck it up and be miserable. Anything else is unpatriotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The amount of people who come on and write this is unreal.

Why don't all you crazy rebels get together, stop preaching about how everybody sucks on boards and actually do something yourselves?

Until you do, shut up and stop whingeing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I only opened this thread to point out the obvious predictive text error in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

"Wah! Wah! I'm going to stand on my pulpit here, having already admitted that I don't feel any obligation to change anything myself, and *demand* that everyone else drop what they're doing and take to the street in support of the views I obviously don't give enough of a fúck about to get off my arse in support of! Wah! Wah!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Sure why not, it worked out well for Greece.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

OP is right, and all the bankers and politicians are laughing their asses off at us

Probably why your nation ruled over us for 800 years !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Dear God why am I even in this thread... A riot would do nothing. But to give some input, if there is one thing I've learned from Hollywood films, then a precisely timed assassination could change the course of this countries history. Probably not though. I think I'll go get a burger and watch a film. Good luck with the rioting.

And isn't the internet such a great place to start a riot. You'd be better off running up and down the street banging pots together ffs.
    Ah, I'm hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,010 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've got my eye on a new plasma screen tv, and my getting it depends on someone telling me what time the riot starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it's going to take the very food being taken out of peoples' hands for them to get up and start being counted. In this country, we're all very good at talking a good riot, but when it comes to the crunch, very few of us actually leave our houses to show our outrage. Our politicians know this. And they're absolutely brilliant at pushing us to the brink and then doing something to calm us down. But I think things are coming to a head. Things are beginning to happen, and if things keep going the way they;re going, you'll see people start to take action. At least, I hope that's where things are headed.

They're not. Like you say it'll take people being taken to the brink of homelessness and starvation to get up off their fat arses

Shryke wrote: »
    I think I'll go get a burger and watch a film. Good luck with the rioting.

Therein lies the problem, the country is getting screwed and thats the "ah sure I couldnt be arsed" attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 24,010 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

orourkeda wrote: »
    They're not. Like you say it'll take people being taken to the brink of homelessness and starvation to get up off their fat arses

There won't be a fat arse in the country when starvation kicks in (apart from the usual suspects).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭LarrytheLantern

Lets all have a riot!

we ARE.
    It's calledan Irish riot/revolution.

This is how it works,

We begin by voting in a bunch of gombeen eejits, inevitably they screw things up (but they'll get you planning for a bungalow if you want), then we get annoyed, then very annoyed, then we start muttering under our breath, then we all go down the pub and grumble loudly (after many pints), then we go home, get depressed having spent what little cash we have.

Then many of us emigrate, those that cannot begrudge those that can, we continue to grumble. Eventually we delude ourselves we are once again living in a "GREAT LITTLE COUNTRY".

Then off down the pub again ..............
    Olé Olé Olé ........... Olé Olé Olé
    we're all fond of Jackie ..............

Some weeks later ............Knock, Knock. Door opens.

"How are ya? Me name is Paddy Gombeen your local FF representative ........ Remember I got your sewage pipe fixed?"

"Ara Jasus Paddy, come in have a cup a tae. Rember that house I was tellin ya about? The bungalow?"

LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!

Lets all have a riot!

we ARE.
    It's calledan Irish riot/revolution.

This is how it works,

We begin by voting in a bunch of gombeen eejits, inevitably they screw things up (but they'll get you planning for a bungalow if you want), then we get annoyed, then very annoyed, then we start muttering under our breath, then we all go down the pub and grumble loudly (after many pints), then we go home, get depressed having spent what little cash we have.

Then many of us emigrate, those that cannot begrudge those that can, we continue to grumble. Eventually we delude ourselves we are once again living in a "GREAT LITTLE COUNTRY".

Then off down the pub again ..............
    Olé Olé Olé ........... Olé Olé Olé
    we're all fond of Jackie ..............
    Some weeks later ............Knock, Knock. Door opens.

"How are ya? Me name is Paddy Gombeen your local FF representative ........ Remember I got your sewage pipe fixed?"

"Ara Jasus Paddy, come in have a cup a tae. Rember that house I was tellin ya about? The bungalow?"

LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!

Well put !!

Fianna Fail should be banned as a terrorist organisation, ECONOMIC TERRORISM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I've got my eye on a new plasma screen tv, and my getting it depends on someone telling me what time the riot starts.

Plasma? Pfft. LCD are better imo. They cost more, but hey, I can afford it.

Advertisement