Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Schism wrote: »
    Uhhh huh... :confused:

Do go on.

I'd like to hear some more too.

Popcorn?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

super-rush wrote: »
    I'd like to hear some more too.

Popcorn?

Always. (fills tub and sits back :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Goldenegg wrote: »
    I'd love to get a fog horn at 7am when he is dyin of a hangover and blast it thru the letter box!
    Done it:D
    Dundalk,rag week last year,Rockfield,several not very amused students.
    Fecking result.:pac:
    Looks on their dials =priceless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Buy a big dog with a bad temper and sharp teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 caroiline

Try until half 6 in the morning !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Seloth wrote: »
    I was talking to a person who lives in a mainly studen populated area and he was telling me while there are some cons,the pros really outweigh them.

Does he mean the vagina?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

McDougal wrote: »
    students are a waste of oxygen and the ones who do study all become greedy scumbag lawyers and bankers
    Or they go work in marketing which is the most useless profession in the history of mankind

So much anger, which one of the above courses did you drop out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

Set them an exam. That's the one thing that shuts students up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

but it's now 01.35am,I'm up at 7am and these little ****s are roaring and shouting up and down my road,heard a car being kicked and my neighbours windows were egged last night!

This would usually be pilloried as "scumbag" activity except that the activity principally emanates from one of the sectors of society that rant about scumbags on here the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I never understand this, I go to college and live in a college estate and what do you expect?
    Students to be quiet and not make any noise at all?

Give me a break, move somewhere else and stop being so ignorant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Leave them at it, let them enjoy these days because you were their age not long ago and you can't say you were never loud on a night out, let them have their fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

these little ****s are roaring and shouting up and down my road,heard a car being kicked and my neighbours windows were egged last night!

Hmmmm, are you sure we're talking about students here? Because they sound more like a bunch of knackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Fùckin' steeeeeeewdunts!

I live in an estate surrounded by the feckers. The ones beside me got thrown out by their landlord which was quite funny to watch as he kept finding things in the backgarden and the shed, followed by: "Jesus fùckin' Christ!?!"

If anything it's jealously, I used to be like them.........once. Ah, to not give a fùck about anything until the day before an exam.

Still, I'll break the little fùcker's neck who keeps tearing the door off the fuse box at the side of the house when I catch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I apologize on behalf of all students who actually go to college to learn

So do I, im a mature student and cant stand the sight of this sort of thing. as students I dont see how they have the money to rent and go out drinking as often as they do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

steddyeddy wrote: »
    So do I, im a mature student and cant stand the sight of this sort of thing. as students I dont see how they have the money to rent and go out drinking as often as they do

Daddy's bankroll I presume. Also, you would be gobsmacked at some of the grants students can get. I'm not talking about people who'd deserve it, but moreso people who hardly come from a struggling family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

OP, can you please tell me why you didnt post this thread in the relevant college forum. If you did there many have been a chance you'd get positive feedback or even a solution to the problem.

But by posting in AH's shows that all you really wanted was to have a good b!tching session about students and provoke stupid and idiotic remarks such as that from McDougal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Buy your own eggs and wait. Nothing like a good beating to stop people annoying you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

students are a waste of oxygen and the ones who do study all become greedy scumbag lawyers and bankers

Yeah McDougal, and the ones who don't become priests :p

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭thisguy

Job at the weekends? I know that's what I used to do. Face to face sounds like the best option to me, only recently out of college life and I'd say we would have responded best to someone coming over and being genuine with us about having work in the morning. God I miss those days though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I for one think the idea of institutionalised freedom and people having "the time of their lives" provided by the government, is unattractive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 caroiline

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I never understand this, I go to college and live in a college estate and what do you expect?
    Students to be quiet and not make any noise at all?

Give me a break, move somewhere else and stop being so ignorant.

NOT a student estate its full of residents !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I don't think there are any students in Dublin... at least not outside the city centre... I always wondered where they lived or went out to...

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

meh, I sound more like an old person that anyone, and I am a student.
    not too find of living on campus, can someone enlighten me...
    why is it so necessary to yell, to have fun... Like screaming as loud as you possibly can... why???
    especially when coming back from nights out.. at 5 in the morning.
    It just gets to you a little bit, I have to sleep sometime...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Keep ringing the Guards, they will soon get the message and do something proactive about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Maybe some have a part time jobs? Parents obviously fund or put something towards it for most people. College isn't all about studying all day, if you think that your missing out a big part of college and life in general. Only young once, why don't you go and count your sour grapes before they..hatch

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Daddy's bankroll I presume. Also, you would be gobsmacked at some of the grants students can get. I'm not talking about people who'd deserve it, but moreso people who hardly come from a struggling family.

I know its ridiculous, im not in reciept of a grant or daddys pay check myself but I know several on daddys pay roll and a grant which is **** considering a lot of irish familys are in poverty.

Maybe some have a part time jobs? Parents obviously fund or put something towards it for most people. College isn't all about studying all day, if you think that your missing out a big part of college and life in general. Only young once, why don't you go and count your sour grapes before they..hatch

As I said im a mature student I formerly studied in america and went fairly wild there but we had respect for the estates we lived in. If you think any part of college life is showing no respect for other people who arent students then your missing a big part of real life!

I know its not all about studying all day even as mature student I go out a fair bit but to say that going out and being young involves waking up people in estates and damaging other peoples propety is Bullsh1t.

Im guessing because I dont think students should be destructive towards property or show respect for other people I have sour grapes. I went to the biggest college in america one of the biggest in the world. I drank took most types of drugs (not proud of that) I did it all without support of any type from anytype of family worked saved and worked my ass off to put myself through college but didnt do half the damage these spoiled sh1ts do. sour grapes me hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

I'm a student but I always feel sorry for the people that live by the campus. (I live at home so I'm not one of those waking ye up at all hours of the night). Today I saw three wheelie bins, one of which was full, on top of the bus stop by college... God knows how they got them up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Ah here, shag off with your shame stick and this "YOU people..." attitude. Would you like me to generalize YOUR age group? We're not all little scumbags - those people you mentioned piss off their own kind, too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

How many first year Mechanical & Electrical Engineering students does it take to change a lightbulb?

None. It's a second year project.

Advertisement