Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truck incident at Leinster House

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

charlemont wrote: »
    its an awful pity the truck wasn't stuffed with semtex .. its more of this type of action we will see on our streets, and its the people who blindly vote for these crooks that bear responsibility for it..

and the negativity that drives people with vision and skill away from politics.

we all know people in our local communities who help support these crooks, lots of local action can help to shake this beast , its gonna be a long winter but for some it may well be a dangerous winter...

A winter of discontent? Oh well, better start getting the snowballs ready:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

orourkeda wrote: »
    I'm talking about him not defaulting mortgage holders. Thats another days work and is a completely separate issue.

I agree but how was he drawn into developing?

Its a story I have heard often - single house builders advised to borrow on 'sweet' sites and build ten houses then not repay but pass on the loan onto the next etc etc

He owes 3 million not 100 or 200 million and wasn't laughing it up with Cowan and buddies lately - so he might have been under a bit more pressure than treasury holdings lads ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

sligopark wrote: »
    I agree but how was he drawn into developing?

Its a story I have heard often - single house builders advised to borrow on 'sweet' sites and build ten houses then not repay but pass on the loan onto the next etc etc

He owes 3 million not 100 or 200 million and wasn't laughing it up with Cowan and buddies lately - so he might have been under a bit more pressure than treasury holdings lads ..

Presumably, to make a fast buck. Another citizen blinded by greed.

I just don't understand why he's been lauded as a "hero" by certain sections of the media. I would have a certain sympathy for hos plight but after that I fail to see how his actions can be justified

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

gizmo wrote: »
    Yea, about time! Pity he didn't mow down a Minister or one of the Gardai too, that'll show'em! Wouldn't it be awesome, someone getting hit with a truck, going under the wheels and getting squashed or, even better, being on the other side of the gates and being pinned to the ground

Not even say a Green backbencher then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

sligopark wrote: »
    could say the same for thousands of present defaulting mortgage holders orourkeda bud

Those thousands of defaulting mortgage holders are defaulting BECAUSE of this man and his ilk.

The developers are the ones who decided to build vastly overpriced houses on any tract of land they could get their hands on, in a country wide get rich quick scheme.

The banks assisted with this circle by giving out loans to people who couldn't really afford the prices they were paying.

The people saw historically low interest rates which made the overpriced shoeboxes 'affordable'.

Now SOME of the people who were unfortunate enough to buy at the high are screwed and can't afford to pay back what they owe, therefore defaulting on their loans.
    The banks can't chase the homeowners anymore than they already are. So they chase the developers and builders who at least have collateral in the form of machinery that the banks can repossess and sell on in an effort to re-coup SOME of the money they are owed.

We all know that this is the case, but there are a few of the what i call 'Tayto Ad Man' people around here who support this idiot who owes the banks a shed load of money cos his get rich quick scheme fell flat on it's face.

By the way, the tayto ad man, is someone who makes me think with an air of resignation at the sheer stupidity of people "there's always one...." followed by a facepalm!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I'm a bit shocked at that so many people would support such a reckless and dangerous stunt.

I know this is After Hours but honestly, some-one could have been seriously hurt or killed.

I have no great love for Cowen et al but seriously this was taking it too far.

Cop on a bit folks, protesting is one thing, putting people's lives at risk is another.

I'll just leave this here for you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

Now, I understand what the politicians and media meant with their accounts of this incident. If only I had known that he was such a reckless maniac, I wouldn't have supported him. I just feel so ashamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,051 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

good response time from the gardai, one car there 1 minute after the incident, five cars and one van there after 4 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

good response time from the gardai, one car there 1 minute after the incident, five cars and one van there after 4 minutes

Still nowhere near in time to dive out of the way as some of the liars from Leinster House were heard to claim afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,832 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Makes me wonder: are they always that vigilant around the Dail, or just recently...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Suffer at the hands of an incontinent burglar and wait hours.

Block the lads in the mercs from swiping in so they can go home again and claim a days expenses, and there are four mondeos and a paddywagon there inside 5 minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 marcusfeloni

It's worse than others running up debts buyign their homes. This guy is one of the developers everyone one likes to refer to in unison with FF and the banks as the reason the country is ****ed. How easy it is to turn the eejits back to your side , Just wreck some stuff.:rolleyes:
    Too true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

"Trapped in the past, Doctor Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, putting things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next leap will be the leap home."

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

necro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement