Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's you favorite part of the Christmas dinner?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Ham and stuffing sandwiches, carb overload never tasted so good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

what is the point of bread sauce? does everybody except myself love it - its just basically bread and butter soaked in milk.. or is it something different. I don't see the attraction.

Mine is slightly different.

onion soaked in milk over night with a bay leaf. next morning heat the milk and cut up the onion and add to the milk. Then salt, pepper and a tiny bit of butter before adding the bread crumbs............simple but amazing:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

elvis, it sounds like goody with onions :D
    I have to say i have never tasted it - so I don't know know what I am talking about but I just don't understand it really.

leaving the onion in the milk over night really helps give flavour. It tastes even better on the 26th, the bread does soak up pa lot of the milk but just add more with some salt and pepper and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Crashing out on the lounge after the feast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jassmine12

the number of dishes which my mother makes for me and i choose the best one amongst all to eat..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Yep, has to be the stuffing, with gravy and loads of Turkey, yum yum yum

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Roast potatoes, om nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I make a killer panini Stephens day!

Cranberry sauce, turkey, ham, sausage stuffing and regular stuffing, top it off with the cheese of your choice and throw it in the George Forman. Then put a few crisps on the side for presentation. Try it!

My fave part of Christmas dinner is the 5 desserts I will eat. I like sweet things :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Sausage meat stuffing mmmmmmm. My sisters mum in law makes it, I tend to be picking at it while its still in the oven and hardly cooked:o

• Advertisement

Pudding steamed yesterday............it now has a month to mature !!!

Its my 1st attempt so i'll buy an M&S as a back up in case its disgusting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

The rashers that are cooked on top of the turkey!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh my god my mums christmas dinner is UNREAL! I love all of it but i especially look forward to her cheesy garlic potatoes! Layers of potato, and grated cheese and then she pours cream and garlic salt all over it, tops it off with more cheese and into the oven - it comes out golden brown on the top and the cream has mixed in with the garlic salt and the cheese to make a gorgeous sauce.......oh dear god DIVINE!:D

ah jebus, i remember you posting about this upto a year ago.
    :-/

want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Crispy roast potatoes sliced open with butter melting in the middle covered in gravy and stuffing covered in gravy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

5 different types of spuds, nom nom nom, lathered with gravy.

(I dont eat vegetables)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

My mother cooks our cook a christmas dinner and he loves it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭catlovesmike

My mums recipe home-made trifle for dessert, im an aussie so the likelihood of fresh prawns (my other fave) on the table this year is pretty slim!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

When we all sit down and pull the first cracker and have the first sip of wine... bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

My mouth is watering reading this thread:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The simmering resentment.

And the potato stuffing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Crispy roast potatoes sliced open with butter melting in the middle covered in gravy and stuffing covered in gravy. :pac:

Who puts butter on roast potatoes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

My favourite part of the Christmas dinner is getting everything ready, it's so much fun, my sister and I sing and dance to the radio and then end up arguing about being in each others way! :P

I also love sitting down to it. :) My sister always makes an EPIC meal! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Namlub wrote: »
    Who puts butter on roast potatoes :eek:

I don't see the problem. Whether they're mashed, boiled or roasted butter goes with potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

My mum makes her own stuffing from scratch and it is unrealllll. <3 it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

That first fork full of turkey off the thigh, with a bit of cider baked cloved ham, and some sausage stuffing laced with home made gravy with a bit of cranberry sauce. A big fork indeed but that taste mmmmmm cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Turkey and ham, stuffing, a couple of cocktail sausages wrapped in streaky bacon, mash potato, couple of roast potato, potato croquettes, roast parsnip, 2 or 3 brussel sprouts (only time of year i'll eat them), all covered in a turkey gravy.

Nyom nyom nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Turkey ham, stuffing, little bit of lasagne, chilli, garlic potatoes, croquettes, some chips, loads of stuffing. Maybe some sausages and eggs too.

Ugh, I'm really hungry, logically this would make me sick, but in my head right now it is yummy, although everything would have to be in little bowls....on the plate! ;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Threads Merged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Sausage stuffing. And roast potatoes. And turkey sandwiches with Ballymaloe relish in the evening. And dear god the pudding.

I shouldn't've read this, I'm starving now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 sorchaniri

Christmas sandwiches! Turkey, ham, stuffing, cranberry sauce and mayo. Especially the ones my mammy makes for me to take back on the plane after being home for Xmas :-)

Love the starter as well, smoked salmon, prawns and brown bread... especially sneaking bits and pieces for myself while plating them up for the rest of the family!

Advertisement