Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you drink?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

It really depends for me.

Some weeks, I'll have a couple of heavy nights which would be 10 or so beers with a few shorts, and possibly another more moderate night.

Sometimes, though, I could go a few weeks without touching a drop (bar the occasional beer or glass of wine at home).

It really depends on my social and work schedule and how much disposable income I have at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭mcw92

Going to college, id have about 8 cans of bavaria in the house...then 2 or 3 double vodkas in the nightclub, maybe more depending on money situation. Do this about 3 or 4 times a week.
    I LOVE College!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭locomo

6 pints with the class from college is nice, problem is at that stage a seventh pint is nicer ...and so on. 30 to 40 units a week when I can afford it ( which is not every week ).

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Had bout 9 pints of murphays while flinging darts on monday night. On a proper session too much alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Probably twice a week..once at home 8 cans or so watching football/tv..when im out on the lash i go mental 10-14 pints and a few shots thrown in...:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i think i have a problem listening to ye . ( but i dont really )

on a normal week

2 pints on a tuesday and thursday
    friday 7- 10 pints
    sat 5-8 pints maybe 5-6 whiskeys ( i dont do bombs any more )

i dont be drunk or hungover though as they are spread out over the day

u have an alcohol problem

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭nin2010

mickman wrote: »
    i for one much prefer a cafe culture than the disgusting alcohol culture that has existed in this country for so many years

with regards to the irish language dying out - i couldnt give a fiddlers about it, its a worthless language and a complete waste of time in schools.

same goes for irish music

We definately need more people like you hanging out in this forum. Why don't you crawl back under your rock in the non drinkers club. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

On a night out, if I start in the pub and stay there, I'd rarely drink more than 5 or 6 pints. It helps that I'm an absolute light-weight!

Have taken to the odd bottle of red with the better half however, usually with dinner. A few bottles or pints on top of that and I'm nicely langered!

Having said all that, stag party coming up in a couple of weeks, things tend to get out of control. Doesn't help that I'll be drinking with men who put them away like..well, like Irish Catholics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

Ì'd probably have 4 cans of 5% + Zywic 5 nights a week, enough to send me off to bed happy:pac:

Hate pubs as ya get fleeced.

Don't understand non-drinkers posting in this forum, are they on here to feel all superior or something?:confused

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Ive cut down big time now lately put normally 4 beers during the week and then saturday night around 15 pints of guiness :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭J77

On average I might go out every two weeks. When I do its a 6 pack of Corona and a Ninja Nagin.

Same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Bout every two weeks, 6 cans,1 naggen of cappy morgan, 3-6 more pints, 1-5 shots preferably tequila

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'm class lads I'm a heavyweight.
    About 12 nights a week I'd have between 15-20 pints of vodka and a keg of guinness. It gets me a bit tipsy but I pull all the birds so it doesn't matter

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

I'm in college, but in my latter years so can't go out as much, but when I do go out, 1-2 a week, sometime 3. the lads + I buy a 70cl vodka each, drink half of it, then bring out a sneaky naggin with us, and then maybe one or doubles out with the naggin. so just under a 70cl a night really.

At home, it depends, if we're going for 'quiet pints', I'll have anywhere between 2-7, depends on time really. If there's an event on such as a 21st, have a few cans at the house first, as everyone does and generally close friends will meet up at the birthday house first, have a few drinks and a meal, then off to the pub where its a few beers and then onto spirits for the wee hours. Brandy lately, was whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jkell061

I'd rarely take a pint during the week. But if i take a few friday night, then it would probably be 10ish (pints Harp), which turns saturday into an all day binge, 15-20 pints, and sunday the same. Catastrophic!!

This use to be my run of the mill every weekend, it has toned down substantially from that, but they come around every so often, probably as well I dont have the money I used to.

The thoughts of the money blown on drink haunt me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭politicsdude

too damn much

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's clear I need to drink more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Probably too much whiskey, adequate amounts of wine and insufficient beer or cognac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ceek

i think i have a problem listening to ye . ( but i dont really )

on a normal week

2 pints on a tuesday and thursday
    friday 7- 10 pints
    sat 5-8 pints maybe 5-6 whiskeys ( i dont do bombs any more )

i dont be drunk or hungover though as they are spread out over the day

Eh...I think you might just have a little prob there alright

some savage drink problems on this site and what makes it worse is that people think they dont have a problem.

give it up people. the life afterwards is ten times better than before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

A week? Id say some weeks im very good others though my weekly limit is out the window... depends on if the lads are going out =P

If im on the lash, 20cl southern comfort + coke at home then in town 5 pints + 4-5 vodkas in the club. + what ever is thrown my way =D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I mostly drink Coke/Pepsi (And sometimes Iced tea)

I drink that most days (If it tastes good and im in the right mood 4 it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Probably too much whiskey, adequate amounts of wine and insufficient beer or cognac.

Home measures of whiskey are a curse :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Id drink about 12 pints and id be fairly drunk.....

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

usually a 6 pack most nights and a bottle of jack over the course of the course of the week. 10 pints friday and maybe the same on saturday. rarely get hangovers which is a bonus

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I drink very rarely, once a month or less. Just rink a lot when I do drink. Usually a bottle of jemmy before we leave :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Big foots diick

cut way back myself,knew me and the gf were gettin too fond of it when we were the only ones on our street puttin out a full glass bin for recyclin every 2wks.maybe twice a wk now,was out last nite with the lads had 4 bottles(beer) at home,bout 10 pints out in town.i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Had a cracking blackout on Saturday night - vaguely remember falling down the stairs in Coppers. The only damage was some bruised pride and a dislocated thumb! Great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

cut way back myself,knew me and the gf were gettin too fond of it when we were the only ones on our street puttin out a full glass bin for recyclin every 2wks.maybe twice a wk now,was out last nite with the lads had 4 bottles(beer) at home,bout 10 pints out in town.i think.

Cool! Who collects the bottles for recycling? Would mean less time filling bottle banks for me and more time on the sauce :D

• Advertisement

Had a cracking blackout on Saturday night - vaguely remember falling down the stairs in Coppers. The only damage was some bruised pride and a dislocated thumb! Great craic!

well done

Advertisement