Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you drink?

Options
  • 28-09-2010 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

Just wondering what would people drink in a week on average?
    me, 6 beers 2 nights a week, sometimes that would be at home.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

With college,due to a recession,I'd have about 6 cans of bavaria,or the 8 pack if I have enough,about 3 nights a week. If I'm out at home,with money,I'd have 6 heineken before heading out and 2-4 more pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

A shoulder of pissy vodka and then usually one bottle or a shot inside the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭shrubs

7 or 8 pints and 1or2 bottles of whiskey depending on how often I go out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭viper.10

could easily have 2-3 bottles of lager a couple of times a week at home and the odd time im out then 6-8 pints then have a few vodkas/whiskeys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

6-8 Bottles of Kopparberg or Rekorderlig Mixed Fruit on a night out. If i stay in its 3 of either of them and a Pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭galwayfreak

i think i have a problem listening to ye . ( but i dont really )

on a normal week

2 pints on a tuesday and thursday
    friday 7- 10 pints
    sat 5-8 pints maybe 5-6 whiskeys ( i dont do bombs any more )

i dont be drunk or hungover though as they are spread out over the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Three Sheets

2 glasses of wine per month on average and the occassional thimble-full of liqueur. drunk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Last weeks count was 8 pints and about 1.2 litres of spirits (mainly rum).....good 2 days there xD

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭quiz

If you have a heavy month do you find yourself fatigued for the best part of the next month?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cantthinkof1

i would get through a bottle of red most nights

Sometimes switch for 4-6 cans

Is that too much??:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Depends on whats on. Last two weekends i had day sessions on the saturdays, had about 20 bottles of miller each day. I hadnt done that in years. Im still tired :(

If its a quiet week, ill have 2/3 on a friday night, and a 6-pack on a sat night. Never drink during the week. Just feels weird to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

i would get through a bottle of red most nights

Sometimes switch for 4-6 cans

Is that too much??:eek:

At last, a drinker. I dont feel so bad now.

* In the local maybe 6 times per week ( just to be sociable of course), and if i'm not, then tinnys at home. Midweek maybe 4-5 pints. Weekends..... well just add a few ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

On average I might go out every two weeks. When I do its a 6 pack of Corona and a Ninja Nagin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Had a half bottle of whisky and four cans last night. Didn't manage to make it into town,but woke up in bed this morning not knowing how I got there,with a huge cut on my forehead and I think I may have broke my wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

for the last few weeks,basically sence collage has started..
    i go out 3 nights a week,,,sunday,tuesday and either thursday or saturday,just depends..

i have 8 cans of strongbow(cider) and a nagin of volka,,cant get drunk without the nagin anymore,my body has become immune to the whole thing..

then on a tuesday night as its a big night out in limerick i have the above plus a 1 litre bottle of captain morgan between 3 of us....

dont worry i aint overweight or unfit as i hit the gym every other day to stabilizer the mind,body and soul.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

coughlan08 wrote: »
    dont worry i aint overweight or unfit as i hit the gym every other day to stabilizer the mind,body and soul.... :P

Surely thats a ban in this forum?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

10 -14 pints of stout on nite out ( about one a month)

Don't drink at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Flygimp

Enough to get chucked out of after hours in 5 posts... whilst being morally judged by some wet towel avenger with
    10,000 posts... I mean 10,000 posts... f*ck me does he live in his mom's basement on a strict diet of TV dinners, whilst wearing a 'I shagged Sharon Ozbourne T-shirt'... has he ever held a girls hand... has he ever bathed his albino-like skin in sunlight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Between going out on a college nite and staying in at weekends, weekly i would drink on average 10 pints and half a bottle of vino.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Between going out on a college nite and staying in at weekends, weekly i would drink on average 10 pints and half a bottle of vino.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Way too much..

4-5 cans or a bottle of Red/White most week nights..
    12 pints and a couple of spirits on a weekend night out.. or something similar if I stay in..
    Sunday can be a long day.. but I've started leaving it 'til Sunday evening/night now.

God, putting it in print, I'm gonna be a gonner..

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Way too much..

4-5 cans or a bottle of Red/White most week nights..
    12 pints and a couple of spirits on a weekend night out.. or something similar if I stay in..
    Sunday can be a long day.. but I've started leaving it 'til Sunday evening/night now.

God, putting it in print, I'm gonna be a gonner..

:o

The 12 pints is far too much for me but I might have you beat ;)

However... every 2 days (sometimes every two weeks i'll go drinking one day and the next) I have anywhere between a naggin with 4/5 cans. 7-10 cans or if it's just a light night, just a half bottle of a spirit, usually Southern Comfort. Sometimes I get a full bottle and drink about 2/3rds and then leave the rest for the second day with a naggin.
    Oh cans are 500ml ones.

Yes I'm an alcoholic but I don't give a damn. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

NO more beer for me. :( Long term medication that cannot be mixed with it, not even a little bit. *sigh.
    Not that I was a massive drinker but I love a nice Weissebier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Varies from week to week. Too much if partying. Sometimes a pint or two while watching a football game on weekends. Like a glass of wine with dinner on occasion. There are weeks when I don't drink at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Vanhalla wrote: »
    Just wondering what would people drink in a week....

Usually all of it, whatever's got....going to do some serious drinking this weekend. Going to Thomand on Saturday and I'm making a weekend of it.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭distraction

on a good weekend (4days) two crates of cheap 5% beer. I'm not fussy...as long as it comes in multiples of 24

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭shrubs

Put in a decent(if slightly worrying) week this week! 5 nights, 17 pints,4 bottles of beer and 51 shorts(that I can recall). Could be slightly more than recommended...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

very little now caompared to just a year ago, once maybe twice a week and nowhere near the excesses of before

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Think quality, not quantity :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I have cut down a huge amount in the past six months. In the first half of this year it would easily have been 15pints of cider and a huge amount of vodka and shots a week.

Ive cut that back in the past month to 8pints of guinness and 1.5 long neck bottles with my dinner last night. I really feel the better for it. I however do go mad the odd time still, so need to leesen the frequency of them.

Advertisement