Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things About UCC That Make You Want to Climb Into a Clocktower With a Rifle

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

As far as the rumour goes, the genius only designed half of it and then it was decided copy it over a central symmetry. The Kane building is built back the front as well, those steps were supposed to be out onto the road and it won an award for design in the early 80's ;)

Actually the Kane building itself is one of the most depressing buildings I have ever set foot in. Just this whole creepy hospital vibe off it. I remember having labs in there in basement in first year and my hands would be numb from the cold while writing programs during the winter and then it would be way to hot coming up to summer. The whole building is an eye sore and really detracts from the other building's in UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

People walking up the stairs in the Boole that are meant for going down. Especially when it's really busy and there is one stupid little person trying to battle there way with 100 people trying to get down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

And if you were heading off for 15 mins yourself you left a note stating the time (plus 5 mins) that you would be back at.

During the days I didn't have my laptop it really pissed me off that you couldn't do that with the computers in the labs. Surely holding a desk is the same as holding a computer for the time it takes to buy a coffee.

Advertisement