Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things About UCC That Make You Want to Climb Into a Clocktower With a Rifle

Options
  • 28-09-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Too many things to be honest :eek: Gooze-frah-bah, Gooze-frah-bah, Gooze-frah-bah, Gooze-frah-bah, Gooze-frah-bah

:)

People who swim lengths in the 25m Mardyke pool like they're training for the olympics. Do the least thing to offend their 'pool ettiquette' rule book and you get an 'accidental' kick, an elbow or if you're really lucky :rolleyes: a sixty second lecture about why you should be tried and shot for 'pool' war crimes! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Timetabling a tutorial for a maths module at 12 in the WGB, then the lecture for the same module in the ORB at 1 - both taken by the same person - happen last year and again for two out of my four maths modules this year! Thats okay when its dry, but not when lashing rain! Timetabling in general actually - having a lecture from 5-7 on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Cleaners in the library making a lot of noise!
    "Where ya get your Jumpa?"
    "Pennys gal , 3 eura"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Those fúcking slippy bricks by the library. A freaking death trap on a wet day.

Though in fairness, they're slowly but surely replacing them, with non-murderous bricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Jay P wrote: »
    Those fúcking slippy bricks by the library. A freaking death trap on a wet day.

Though in fairness, they're slowly but surely replacing them, with non-murderous bricks.
    #
    You see the trick is to walk on the grey ones in between ;)

This issue wont arise for a while but the gobshítes that go into the library take the spot when the library opens and over the course of the day will actually spend about 1 hour doing any work while causing a nuisance to everybody else.

Same as rebel girl......how they expect you to get from one side of the campus to the other in circa 3mins.

In about three weeks on a friday im going to have 4/5 hour breaks which is just going to be horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

lads not cool given the day thats in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

#
    You see the trick is to walk on the grey ones in between ;)

This issue wont arise for a while but the gobshítes that go into the library take the spot when the library opens and over the course of the day will actually spend about 1 hour doing any work while causing a nuisance to everybody else.

Same as rebel girl......how they expect you to get from one side of the campus to the other in circa 3mins.

In about three weeks on a friday im going to have 4/5 hour breaks which is just going to be horrible.

People who come into the library at opening especially when busy around the exams, take up a spot, and only spend an hour or two there the whole day!

Those steps as well, didn't think of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Im finished in UCC now but surely I can comment on things that did annoy me right...i probs shouldn't even be on the forum but I miss college :(

People in the library getting the elevator to the first floor was painful!! In those glorious, glorious days of free printing around exam time having to que behind some knob printing off his years notes was another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Here its well worth paying for it just to avoid those gimps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

This *fantastic* thread has similar opinions: People you hate in UCC

Other than that -

I hate those b*starding red tiles; groups of people who block the library entrances; idiots talking in the library loudly; people talking in classes.

I don't like pople who put down Arts courses, it's a hell of a lot of work.

The "boys": groups of lads (GAA/Rugby/Hurling) who think they're the dogs bollocks swanning around the place.

There's more but there isn't an awful lot that makes me want to gun down folk.

Here its well worth paying for it just to avoid those gimps.

Oh god I know - the only thing for me was I used to go into the boole on a Friday night/early sat morning when twas deserted and print off chapters of books that I specifically needed....and before somebody gives out about raping the system - they were college books, and ****ed if I was gona pay full whack for them...or half whack for that matter :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭allprops

Students!

This *fantastic* thread has similar opinions: People you hate in UCC

I'd forgotten about that one!!! :p

I'd forgotten about that one!!! :p

Over 450 replies! Credit goes to deisedude for it, that thread was hugely popular. There was one set up for things you like but wasn't half as successful. Conclusion: we like to moan!

That thread got way out of hand...it basically ended up listing off every type of person you come across in UCC :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Oh also the first years who seem to like to cluster in the hallways in front of g19 in the kane while about 450 try and squeeze out past them....they fail to seem to understand that the quicker we get out the quicker they get in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

For some reason the fact that the Philsoph guys wear suits during the debates bugs the hell out of me. I'm sorry but you don't look good, smart or intelligent. It just makes you look like twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

PaulieC wrote: »
    People in the library getting the elevator to the first floor was painful!! In those glorious, glorious days of free printing around exam time having to que behind some knob printing off his years notes was another.

There's another way to ascend to higher floors in the library? I thought that was a bit strange :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Is that the purpose of those book thingies? Assembling them in a giant pyramid to reach the upper level of the library :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

In the mardyke cycling today. Ended up going to the pool but had no hat. Asked two of the employees in the pool could i borrow a cap. They said dey dont have spare ones and you have to buy them for 3 euro. Fair enough i bought one. Next thing after about 10 mins a see a man going up to them and they handed him a basket. I looked at that basket and there was at least 5 or 6 spare hats. Y me like??

In the mardyke cycling today. Ended up going to the pool but had no hat. Asked two of the employees in the pool could i borrow a cap. They said dey dont have spare ones and you have to buy them for 3 euro. Fair enough i bought one. Next thing after about 10 mins a see a man going up to them and they handed him a basket. I looked at that basket and there was at least 5 or 6 spare hats. Y me like??

Perhaps they thought you had hair lice??

• Advertisement

Depends on who you ask tbh, some of the lads down there are grand, others aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

PaulieC wrote: »
    That thread got way out of hand...it basically ended up listing off every type of person you come across in UCC :pac:

*Adds PaulieC to thread:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭uncle-mofo

The heat in the Boole lecture halls! Spend most of my lectures trying to fight off nausea.

deisedude wrote: »
    *Adds PaulieC to thread:pac:

I annoy myself so no harm I suppose! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The layout of the O'Rahilly building. Big bualadh bos for the genius who designed it. Really. :rolleyes:

pow wow wrote: »
    The layout of the O'Rahilly building. Big bualadh bos for the genius who designed it. Really. :rolleyes:

As far as the rumour goes, the genius only designed half of it and then it was decided copy it over a central symmetry. The Kane building is built back the front as well, those steps were supposed to be out onto the road and it won an award for design in the early 80's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

- People who think the ORB is a confusing building. There's two sides and a connection part. There are lobbies at the join between the sides and the connection.

What's so hard to get about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭UnionOfV

Buceph wrote: »
    - People who think the ORB is a confusing building. There's two sides and a connection part. There are lobbies at the join between the sides and the connection.

What's so hard to get about that?

I think it's the symmetry that throws people off. Sure it's fine if like myself you can stick to the same "wing", but walking around it must be a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭babychuckles

#

In my years in UCC you were allowed to take books that were unattended for more than 15 minutes off the table put them on the ground or up top of the divide if the desks are still seperated by a divider that is and sit down yourself and the culprit had no recourse to complain. And if you were heading off for 15 mins yourself you left a note stating the time (plus 5 mins) that you would be back at.
    and of course now that ye all probably have mobiles with cameras you could photograph your note and use it as evidence if some g******e tried to oust you before the time was up.

• Advertisement

I only complain about the ORB because it's funny. I know my way around it grand, can find the relevant deptartments (that I need/needed) and classrooms.

Advertisement