Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocket money.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

I get 35 Euro a week.. O_O
    Should i just leave? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I worked at home on the farm all summer[see arrggh thread for details] so I could justify coming to college and my parents paying my rent

I would feel I deserve it,call that an "uppity" attitude if you wish,but I worked damn hard[11+ working days,7days a week] for it and on top of that I'm still managing to pay my own fees and living expenses out of money I made on my own endeavours.I still don't feel great about asking my folks for money, but only because it's justified.Don't get me wrong,I've had way more oppurtunities than

one thing that does annoy me is people who don't appreciate what they are getting.A friend of mine got the same amount of money as I did[living away from home] as e did living at home,with his parents buying him a bus ticket all he had to pay for was drink/buying lunch if he was lazy and the complains about having no money to do anything

handling money is a life skill,if your good at it you can have a lot higher standard of living on a lot less,if your bad at it you'll squander it all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

I agree, being smart with money is alot better. I only realised that and started saving the other day. So far i have 23 quid. :D Shall be going with other bits of cash for money, for college next year ^^

Advertisement