Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin King, Drogheda Oct 10th 10am

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dwacp

Hi all,
    Glad to hear it was well organised this year.
    I rode (part of) the 50K back in 2007,
    got dropped off the back as the Stamullen club put the pedal down,
    & there was no support, stewards, cars or even signposts for beginners.
    It's meant to be a Leisure Tour.
    I made my own way back to the hut beside KFC for the Tea & Sambos
    which were very welcome, but I decided then not to join the club!
    Hopefully improvements like this this year will change my mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

ok my 2 cent on this kevin king.i think the only year is stayed together was the year benner was the head steward.
    there are to many fast riders taking control of the what is supposed to be a fun day out for all cyclists me included.
    the speed last time was crazy ,if this is a race then the organizers should let people know about it.or set them off in different groups .
    the stewards last year done a great job but as usual the certain few faster riders took control of the day.
    so i reckon the solution is to let the faster riders off a good hour before anyone else the rest of us can have the craic;)

Advertisement