Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin King, Drogheda Oct 10th 10am

Options
  • 25-09-2010 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Drogheda Wheelers/Quay Cycles present the Kevin King Leisure Tour Sunday Oct 10th leaving Donore Rd retail park at 10am.50 and 100 K Proceeds 2 Cancer Research.

I dont have any more info on routes or cost, but suggest contacting Quay Cycles for more info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Anyone find out anymore about this event ? As in the route and entry fee ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Quay Cycles in Drogheda might be able to help you out.

041 9834526

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

Be instrested in this 100K, where is the retail park?? is it the one with KFC and halfords???
    Tried ringing shop to no avail!!!!
    Any more information on this as yet, Sunday looks good weather wise too.:)

Just seen this

Kevin King Tour
    The 2010 Kevin King leisure tour will take place on sun oct 10th in drogheda starting at 10am sharp. Sign on will be at drogheda retail park donore road. The event is in aid of cancer research as the club has lost three members in recent years to the disease, the oldest beihg 47yrs old. There are 2 distances 100k and 50k. fully marked route, lead vehicles, and a rolling marshall system. More info contact Dave Turner drogheda wheelers 087-2807420

dimma wrote: »
    Be instrested in this 100K, where is the retail park?? is it the one with KFC and halfords???

Yes and homebase is there too

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Swordsdave

Think in goes out to summerhill prob through bective and back through dunsany same as stamullens sunday spin mainly flat

• Advertisement

Doing this run with Smithzer on Sunday.
    My form is terrible right now so only doing the 50k :(
    Anyone else going?

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 savedbythebell

Im thinking of doing the 50k also. :) Sign up on the day correct??

Hey D
    I was just posting a nice comment about you in the 'join a cc' thread!:)
    So you're going out Saturday & Sunday?
    Yeah sign up on the day is right afaik.
    Fairly leisurely pace I believe...which suits me right now :(
    See you there!

CPL 593H

Great, if you see me say hi as im on my tod. :)

Will do, spin along with myself and Smithzer if you want to.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Might join in for the 50k what is the route, have a late one tomorrow night see how that goes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Might give the 50k ago myself. Is it a case of turning up with a donation and the cycling?

macadam wrote: »
    Might join in for the 50k what is the route, have a late one tomorrow night see how that goes first.

Don't know what the route is K, I'll be in quay cycles tomorrow they might know.

CPL 593H

drogdub wrote: »
    Might give the 50k ago myself. Is it a case of turning up with a donation and the cycling?

I think its a 20 quid entrance fee, I'll find out tomorrow.

CPL 593H

I'll be doing the 100k on sunday, the 100 goes out around summerhill afaik and entry is 20 quid pay on the day.

Will keep an eye out for the boards jersey's was hoping to have my new one for it but postman let me down :(

Would u lot not be a bit braver and go for the 100 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Zorba wrote: »

Would u lot not be a bit braver and go for the 100 ?

I'd love to mate but a 3 month lay off helped by 2 weeks in Sicily would not help the cause. Only started winter training this week so the reconditioned engine needs to be broken in slowly I'm afraid.

C y'all tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rev

I'll be doing the 100k on Sunday. Looking forward to meeting some boardsies

Well I just did 80k on my first club spin, so tomorrow could be touch 'n go! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

yeah look out for me on my look kx light i was trying to sell see what a deal you all missed.:D:D

..and I'll be on my Colnago, which represents excellent value for money too;)

http://www.adverts.ie/302179/bikes/colnago-c40-c-40-hp/

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

Smithzer wrote: »
    I'd love to mate but a 3 month lay off helped by 2 weeks in Sicily would not help the cause. Only started winter training this week so the reconditioned engine needs to be broken in slowly I'm afraid.

C y'all tomorrow.

Ok Smithzer you've a very valid excuse !

As i said i'll keep an eye out for boards jerseys, not sure what i'll be wearing myself might be winter gear if todays temperature is anything to go by.
    furiousox wrote: »
    ..and I'll be on my Colnago, which represents excellent value for money too;)

http://www.adverts.ie/302179/bikes/colnago-c40-c-40-hp/

Damn nice bike furiousox i'll also be on a colnago, a cheap blue and white active plus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

See you guys tomorrow doing the 100k is anyone from Stamullen CC going as i want to join up.

I shall be pedalling furiously on a white fisher bike!!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Just back, very nice spin well organised and signposted, as it was my first one of these cycles the oul pace caught me by surprise. 53km 2:06 (1/2 on my own into a head wind). Now for the 2 P's (pasta & pints) :)
    Met Zorba (hope you enjoyed the 100km) and Furious

Well done Dave, Tony and the rest of the Wheeler's

Furious and Myself before kick off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

@ Furiosox; Is that the Tour Of Louth sticker still on your helmet?

bcmf wrote: »
    @ Furiosox; Is that the Tour Of Louth sticker still on your helmet?

It is...shit meant to take that off ages ago but I think it's welded on now. :o
    I'd also like to point out that I've lost a lot of weight since that photo was taken....this morning.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

well i lasted up until the turn for summerhill then the wheels fell off:mad:
    ended up in a 4 man group for the spin back to drogheda ,
    so much for a handy pace but enjoyable none the less the coffee /sambos was class .
    well done everyone great day on the bike.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

A good cycle,great pace too,,well organised and great turnout, hopefully raised a few quid.
    some nice bicycles out there too I have to say!!!!
    Where did the so called sun go also,,,,
    hopefully be ran for many more years to come.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Could not make it, chest fooked.

Done the 100k today (was only 82.4km really) but really enjoyed it, was a nice pace not too fast and not too slow, average speed was 29.7km, and it took 2hrs 47mins to complete, think it was actually faster on the way back with a headwind ! Was the usual mini race in the last few kms but managed to hang onto the front group, didn't see it but apparently some lad was still racing going into the retail park when everyone else had sat up and he crashed into a car !! He was still walking around afterwards so assume it wasn't too bad.

Only seen one boards jersey and that was Smithzer, nice to put a face to the name, that second half into that headwind must have been seriously rough, you deserve plenty of pints and pasta.

Well done to the organisers was really well run and well sign posted and coffee and sambos afterwards really hit the spot :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

well i lasted up until the turn for summerhill then the wheels fell off:mad:
    ended up in a 4 man group for the spin back to drogheda ,
    so much for a handy pace but enjoyable none the less the coffee /sambos was class .
    well done everyone great day on the bike.;)

I was probably in that group (radioshack gear) it was good to get a bit of drafting going towards the end. Looking forward to my first spin out with the wheelers next week.

Advertisement