Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Images from Limerick

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

veesix wrote: »
    thanks phog and insect for the advice
    but I dont get it, is this thread for links to photos or actual photos??

I think see means just say "great photo's veesix" rather than quote your post with the photo's.

Some really great photo's here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 veesix

aaah i get it. so click reply rather than quote. thnx
    4050677736_5c622712c7.jpg
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fergalclohessy/4050677736/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

thanks phog and insect for the advice
    but I dont get it, is this thread for links to photos or actual photos??

Sorry for causing confusion veesix.

This thread is for actual photos. You can post as many of your own pictures as you like. :)

If people want to reply/comment on other pictures, they should edit the links so the pictures don't show up a second time. This is to facilitate people with slower Internet connections, who would have difficulty loading pages with excessive pictures on them. The easiest way to do that when you quote someone is to change the [noparse][IMG][/IMG][/noparse] tags to [noparse][URL][/URL][/noparse] tags before you submit your post.

4195796618_9ed8bda39b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

When did Riverpoint move to the right of the Clarion? ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Aidric wrote: »
    When did Riverpoint move to the right of the Clarion? ^^

The picture was taken from the docks, that's why it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Skottoman

few more limerick pics :)

Love the Thomond House photo. O'Riada's was one of the first places I ever visited in Limerick. Met my good friend Sophia (Bartender back in '05) there...

Great shot!
    Cheers,
    Skottoman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Super photo Veesix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

37181_488770338318_622763318_6976003_6450297_n.jpg

decided to re shoot an old photo of mine with my newer camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

2035592585a12779166357l.jpg

2035592585a12779166342l.jpg

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 23,772 ✭✭✭✭phog

CCSL wrote: »
    decided to re shoot an old photo of mine with my newer camera.

I think I may passed you on your rounds, did you take a few at the monument to the dockers?

2035592585a12779166357l.jpg

It's a pity the lights on the city side oft he courthouse are not working anymore. makes this building less attractive for night time photography.

phog wrote: »
    I think I may passed you on your rounds, did you take a few at the monument to the dockers?

Twas probably me - Heavy looking Tripod and a beard!
    ( me that is not the Tripod! )
    :p

IMGP6820.JPG

Night Time HDR - 20 sec 5 Sec 10sec in camera merge.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

it was a pleasure browsing through these pics,,some very nice ones.
    would like to see some of westfields,cratloe woods,and some of the old parts of limerick,,might do some myself soon.
    i don't like thomond park though i think its a blot on the landscape and too imposing,,just a big ugly lump of metal.
    the rest are fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I'm not in Limerick very often, but here a couple of my own personal favourites. I keep meaning to do some Limerick at night ones, by the river, as I love pics with long-exposure water reflections... simply gorgeous! :-)

1) King's Island
    452699974_2e5a29fadf_m.jpg
    King's Island, Limerick

Live not far from there and never noticed how colorful it was before till you see it standout in a photo.

Good work on the photos people, keep up the good work. We really have an amazing city and everyone should see its beauty...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Not really city-scape, but it was from the Limerick Youth Service Funraising fashion show last week, so I siad I'd post it, because they do good work, and its still Limerick, just a different style.

21ceftf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Not really city-scape, but it was from the Limerick Youth Service Funraising fashion show last week, so I siad I'd post it, because they do good work, and its still Limerick, just a different style.

21ceftf.jpg

Ill second that, Limerick Youth Service does some fantastic work for the youth in the city. Only finished a course with them couple of months ago and they got me work placement with a computer repair shop and electrical contractor...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nononsense

Thats, proof of the greatness thats still in Limerick, great pictures!!:)

34872B1BCAD64B2C834865702197664C-0000316185-0001950437-00800L-4473777F1B624C22A30B5B73E409CC11.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Haven't seen that one since it was painted over...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Where was it?

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Where was it?

Dock Road, at The Spot (where all the graffiti art is).

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Where was it?

Where Courtbrack avenue joins the Dock Road, on the front of the old shop, facing Courtbrack Ave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

Full House at yesterdays game, Munster v Toulon

5087159983_7d248dbbd6_z.jpg

5087158899_fb0f3af6f7_z.jpg

A must watch video which brings in my openion, brings everyone in the city together, unreal night!

Cue the fields of athenry at 4 mins!

New Stadium is fantastic! Great night out at St Gabriels School Benefit Night

IMGP7262.JPG

IMGP7476.JPG

IMGP7354.JPG

IMGP7526.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

Is it true that the new stadium is supposed to have one of the highest capacities in the world for greyhound racing?! :eek:

Advertisement