Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV License. Guy knocking on doors with reminders?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just rang them there.

You did the right thing. That's what they're there for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Shogun Puca

An actual inspector called to my door last month. Without me saying a word, he introduced himself and showed me his ID. Asked if the TV was mine or landlords and asked "is four weeks ok to get your license?" After taking my name he was gone after 30 secs.

Your parents are away? Is there a car missing / constantly there now? That was was defenitley "casing the joint". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Always ask for ID

Realy, you shouldn't even have to ask, normally they show it without asking.
    If you ask them to give you a minute while you call An Post they will understand, it's no issue at all

I've never called to check with An Post.
    But I did in Galway when the corporation called around and wanted to swab test our sink and taps.
    Now don't get me started on the water in Galway :mad:

But the staff will show ID and let you call to verify everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

if u have no car outside get a friend to park up for the duration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

Dont An Post usually send out letters before they actually send a TV license inspector to the door.

I second that always look for ID.

Had a guy call bout 2months ago doing a 'survey' had a tattered ID he asked could he come in to ask a few questions and that it would only take ten mins...I refused. Cant be too carefull guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

if u have no car outside get a friend to park up for the duration

My sister's car is parked outside. Just as well.
    ashblag wrote: »
    Dont An Post usually send out letters before they actually send a TV license inspector to the door.

I second that always look for ID.

Had a guy call bout 2months ago doing a 'survey' had a tattered ID he asked could he come in to ask a few questions and that it would only take ten mins...I refused. Cant be too carefull guys

Yeah, and i wasnt too sure he was an "inspector" as he didnt seem.... inspector-like.

Anyway, i'll be here until my parents come back. I've no problem defending the house if he IS a burgler! Padraig Nally ain't got a patch on me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

Anyway, i'll be here until my parents come back. I've no problem defending the house if he IS a burgler! Padraig Nally ain't got a patch on me :P[/QUOTE]

Lock all the doors and windows...no one is safe;)

lol more like rollin pins at the dawn!

so we can deffo say it wasnt tv guy and more than likely a knacker casing the joint :)

so up for the night with the video camera!!

lol more like rollin pins at the dawn!

so we can deffo say it wasnt tv guy and more than likely a knacker casing the joint :)

so up for the night with the video camera!!

If only! I've been trying to sell this to my missus for ages now with no luck!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    If only! I've been trying to sell this to my missus for ages now with no luck!

LMFAO !!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Get yourself a shotgun and a rocking chair OP. Looks like you're gonna have to pull an all nighter waiting for this guy to come through the livingroom window.

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Get yourself a shotgun and a rocking chair OP. Looks like you're gonna have to pull an all nighter waiting for this guy to come through the livingroom window.

I'll set the camera on timer so i can update Boards on my murderous exploits!

and we all get to see mr stuffins blow the stuffins outta da burglar!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Sounds very fishy alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallystar

On the rare occasion that I am in my house alone I keep a chair at the top of the stairs to throw at my potential burglar (they can have the tv but not my Gina shoes) and a garden rake to beat them to a bloody pulp with. I would have no problem using them. Great sense of security!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

sallystar wrote: »
    On the rare occasion that I am in my house alone I keep a chair at the top of the stairs to throw at my potential burglar (they can have the tv but not my Gina shoes) and a garden rake to beat them to a bloody pulp with. I would have no problem using them. Great sense of security!
    Kinky! You'd only turn the burglar on, with that behaviour. Everybody knows they like it rough.

Advertisement