Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema Antics

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

i did once get a bj in the cinema....was in the ambassador though so there were only about 4 people in the cinema.

have twice been to some music films where the person beside me sang all the songs in the film, drove me ****ing mad. One was when I was already bored cos Id been cajoled by my missus to go with her to mamma mia. And this group of chicks next to me singing every song......grrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Biggins wrote: »
    Knocked myself out in one.

Wait, wait. Have you got that the wrong way around?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

I was in the gate cinema in cork a few years back, the lights had gone down, the film was starting and this guy comes in carrying popcorn and drinks. He walked up and down the aisle a good few times and eventually stopped half way down and shouts at the top of his voice "Mary, where the **** are ya!" The whole place errupted laughing and this poor girl a few rows in front slowly put her hand up. Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

When I was younger I was at the cinema with my gf at the time. Some little knackers were being loud behind us and she turned and asked them to shut up. When she looked back at the screen a hand swiftly came down and masked some chewing gum into her hair followed by "go f*ck yourself you stupid bitch".

I suggested she could play with me and get a handful of something to throw back at them but she wanted to leave instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

In all honesty, he was the exception rather than the rule, the vast majority of people people find it quite easy to spot travellers, that's not racist or anything like it, it's just a fact.
    I can spot chinese people too, even if they dont have those funny hats on!

well, you probably only see the ones that will conform to your idea of what a traveller looks like. If they dont look like you expect you wouldnt spot them. It doesnt mean they dont exist or are even rare. Cinese people is hardly an accurate analogy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

well, you probably only see the ones that will conform to your idea of what a traveller looks like. If they dont look like you expect you wouldnt spot them. It doesnt mean they dont exist or are even rare. Cinese people is hardly an accurate analogy.

I dont really want to start a discussion in this thread about travellers but I have to point out a couple of points. Firstly the original poster wasnt looking for every traveller in the cinema, they merely stated that the ones having sex could easily be identified as travellers. In your post above you acknowledge that some travellers conform to the stereotype and are easily spotted. So what is your issue with the poster identifying them? Secondly if Chinese people is not an accurate analogy then why do organisations like Pavee point constantly want travellers referred to as a seperate ethnicity? I can identify Chinese people by their looks and they are a seperate ethnic group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Callanutd wrote: »
    I dont really want to start a discussion in this thread about travellers but I have to point out a couple of points. Firstly the original poster wasnt looking for every traveller in the cinema, they merely stated that the ones having sex could easily be identified as travellers. In your post above you acknowledge that some travellers conform to the stereotype and are easily spotted. So what is your issue with the poster identifying them? Secondly if Chinese people is not an accurate analogy then why do organisations like Pavee point constantly want travellers referred to as a seperate ethnicity? I can identify Chinese people by their looks and they are a seperate ethnic group.

fair enough, im bowing out too. I didn't have an issue with it per se. I was curious as to how she identified them. Secondly, i think i missunderstood your chinese analogy. Do you mean you can identify them as chinese as opposed to Korean or chinese as opposed to ethnically european people?

Also I dont think ethnic group is based solely on how you look. otherwise goths would be an ethnic group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

It's "giggity giggity", you're doing it wrong :/

I know but I wasn't trying to do it right it was private joke between friends. Cinema fun ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    I know but I wasn't trying to do it right it was private joke between friends. Cinema fun ;)
    I got it...

Advertisement