Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon: Best Wishes

Options
  • 23-09-2010 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

So, apparently the next arc of the anime premieres in Japan at the equivalent of 11am our time tomorrow.

Hoping to try find somewhere online to catch it live, even though it means not knowing a damn word they say :pac:

Comments

The first two episodes are up on Youtube already. I have to say, you don't really need to speak Japanese to figure out what's going on.
    Watching them has certainly changed my feelings towards mijimaru - the one in the anime is so cute! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

The first two episodes are up on Youtube already. I have to say, you don't really need to speak Japanese to figure out what's going on.
    Watching them has certainly changed my feelings towards mijimaru - the one in the anime is so cute! :D
    Don't trust the Anime one, he'll rip your eyeballs out in an instant. Watch him like a Wargle.... ^_o :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Wow, they really are standing by their word that this season is going straight back to the point. I've seen enough material in Episode 1 that before they'd have milked over about 3-4 episodes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hooray for simplicity! Still not happy about Officer Jenny though..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What's wrong with Jenny?!

I'm still in Hoenn, playing catch up. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

office10.jpg
    What Jenny will now look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Quick opinion

Spoiler:
    I find it hard to believe that a level 5 tsutarja could beat a really high level pikachu, despite whatever Zekrom did. I was expecting a battle chock-full of Tackle and Leer
    They sure don't make starter pokemon like they used to

Denny M wrote: »
    office10.jpg
    What Jenny will now look like.

This is just not right at all! D:

Well, just finished watching fansubbed BW008...

Holy crap, they've actually stuck to their words and made the anime almost brand new. None of this boring filler episodes, sure some of them do focus on certain Pokémon, but at least they actually make some sort of sense.

And wow, Rocket-dan are so much better now than they ever were before!

9.5/10 imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

I just watched one of the episodes there and wow! It's like someone flipped a switch with Rockets. Its like someone gave the book, cd, and classes on how to be bad but look cool doing it!

• Advertisement

Waiting 'till they get dubbed to watch them.
    I find it VERY hard to fallow shows with subtitles.
    It's going to be years 'till I see this. Haha

It's not THAT hard really. Sure it's not like you miss much reading them anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Personaly I think its cool watching them with the subs :cool:. I know from experinece that when Anime are translated some things get translated wrong or manipulated in some way. Like in Digimon Savers, one secne shows a Bomber Digimon attacking the city and in the re-edited version for American Tv this digimon became a Pineapple :eek:....Like what the hell....:confused:
    :D Rant over :D

Link below for youtube channel with subs. Missing only one episode, part 1 of the first gym!

http://www.youtube.com/user/VentusXIIIRoXaS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Just watched the first 2, I'll watch the rest when it's not 4am before an exam. Still, if every episode involves someone creaming over Pikachu, that'll get old FAST.

Well, I can't say it won't. Just not as bad as the beginning. Remember Pikachu's not native to Isshu, so this makes Satoshi seem even more of a tourist...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I like! The battle animations are really cool, and the plot seems waaay less contrived than what little I saw of the Hoenn/Sinnoh seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I dislike the way they reset Pikachu's level at the start of all the major seasons. Seems stupid the way it can beat a dragonite in one season, then lose to chickorita the next.

Oh fun, Pika gets his butt kicked by that new asshole's starter AGAIN...

Yes, Shooti's becoming the new Paul in that assholish sense.

Hmmm, I've been noticing that there's a fair bit more "Japanglish" in recent episodes... Maybe I should enquire over at A&M if that's been the trend recently is most anime...

During the first few minutes of BW015, there's so much conversation between Satoshi and Aloe that you could easily take as sexual innuendos...

I wonder how TCPi is going to approach it when it comes to the dub.

• Advertisement

Where are you watching this now?

Urizen wrote: »
    Where are you watching this now?

<snip>

Although we may want to double-check with Shane if these kinds of links are allowed here publicly or not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sorry, had to edit out that link, as per the rules of the tv forum: No linking to where to download/watch tv shows.

That's a pity, especially considering A&M have their rules set so that "Threads about downloading fansubbed anime or manga are allowed."

Still kinda get annoyed somewhat about the gap between the show's airing and the fansub's release, over-eager Bulbapedia editors tend to ruin the next episode for me by the time I get around to watching the previous one :rolleyes:

OK, not entirely Best Wishes related, but kinda still seeing as it involves the very end of the DP arc:
    I don't get it, they waste three whole episodes (DP186-DP188) going through that "Ash vs Paul" **** in the quarter-finals, yet they wrap up the whole entire Sinnoh League (Ash getting his ass handed by that Tobias guy, and the like) in just DP189...? That's a little bit bull****, and kind of a waste tbh. Only two more episodes to go, with the token "shed your travelling partners, go home alone, plant the seeds for the next arc" etc...

Also, it appears as if my fansub group have skipped BW016 and released BW017, so now I'm even more behind on Best Wishes :(

Watching the dub of BW001 and BW002 right now.

6pm - First bad sign: They've ripped the Japanese intro to shreds :(
    6:03pm - OMG! IRIS HAS AN EPIC VOICE ACTOR!!!
    6:06pm - Pidove and Swanna appear to keep their Japanese voices.
    6:07pm - Who's That Pokemon is back? I guess they're going to drip-feed all the new names over the course of the season.
    6:08pm - The bit used for the preview's on now.
    6:13pm - Oh great, Trip's turning into the asshole of this region.
    6:16pm - Hmmm, Zekrom's still referred to as a "Legendary Pokémon". Makes me wonder what else they will consider Mythical Pokémon.
    6:23pm - Ah, the old "Delia worrying that Ash has clean underwear" running gag again...
    6:25pm - Yea, Iris' personality and her tendency to treat Ash like a baby definitely get across better in the dub than the sub.
    6:34pm - Oooh, new English Team Rocket motto. Jeez, they don't half make a speech...
    6:37pm - Oshawott's voice is seriously getting very girly, considering he's supposed to be male.
    6:38pm - New Nurse Joy actually has a noticeably different voice than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

It's going to be shown on Citv starting next week. They are going to show the Zoroark movie on Saturday. I think the staring times are both 9.25am, but better check the TV/Sky guide :)

The dub is slowly trickling onto the site I use for watching anime. Had no problem watching it fandubbed until YouTube got mean. Gotta say though,
    Pikachu's screams of agony when Zekrom was blasting him were QUITE disturbing

Also,
    I love using these spoiler boxes. Now everyone who's afraid of spoilers thinks I'm totally in the know :P

• Advertisement

It's going to be shown on Citv starting next week. They are going to show the Zoroark movie on Saturday. I think the staring times are both 9.25am, but better check the TV/Sky guide :)

Looks as if that was just a teaser: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_%26_White_to_get_June_debut_in_UK

Advertisement