Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Big Halloween Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Some costumes I have done in the past......

Zombie
    zombie_zipper.jpg

2 faced Bitch
    two_face.jpg

Jellyfish
    mix 035.JPG

myself & my OH as The Mayor and Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas
    22.JPG

Zebra
    usa-mix 438.JPG

I made all of them as I hate buying 'ready made' costumes! hope you like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

WOW these are great...Fantastic work...

I am at the moment trying to plan my outfit, kinda with you would prefer to make my own as tis more fun. Plus half the store brought ones are little tiny skirts with pom poms...

What are you planning for this year or have u decided yet...I was thinking of just going as some random dead person..I love the zipper eye would you like to share how you managed this..

Just incase too I put through and order with Little Star Parties today, it is great 6.50 for delivery and it is due to be delivered on Wensday. I shall let ye know if the stuff really is decent when it arrives

Thanks Milly :) For the eye I just bought a zipper from a trimmings shop and cut off any extra material around it. Next I held it up where i wanted it to go and traced it's position (inside the open zip) with lipliner. then I just filled inside the drawn lines with red face paint, black eyeshadow, fake blood and a product called *FixBlood. Then using *Spirit Gum I glued the zipper onto my face...done!!

*FixBlood and Spirit Gum can be bought in the jokeshop beside the Gaiety Theatre or from online shops too!

Added to my shopping list is Spirt gum and Fix blood thank you :D. I am in Cork but I am sure there is a place that does this somewhere. Have perhaps an idead now for one of those early learning dolls but evil..

This is what happens with me I get all these ideas in my head and the brain goes into overdrive...

I cant wait I am going to start early so all is ready on time this year..

thanks for the tips I may have to do some practicing with it a few times to get it right

No problem...people were fascinated by the zip when I was the zombie and the amount of people who thought it was some weird piercing/body mod was mad!! I mean I do love Halloween but I'm not that crazy!!!

im sitting here trying to start my costume - a Phoenix Firebird - but I'm beginning to think I need to scratch my idea as I don't see it working out looking good :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Fantastic costumes and make up giddybootz!

A phoenix sounds like a lot of work, let us know what you decide :D

Have a look at the Halloween section on adverts to pick up some Halloween gear!

A phoenix sounds like a lot of work, let us know what you decide :D

It's just not going to work and now I am FREAKING OUT as I have no idea what to go as :(

You seem really talented with the old make and do. could try one of those headless outfits or something like the lady holding her head...

To do with the little star parties website too my package was delivered today yeppee I love getting parcels. And yeah tis worth it alrite the only thing I got this chap ho102304skull-lrg.jpg and mm it is cool but at the same time it is just cardboard, I thought it was plastic silly me...

Thanks Milly...and I gotta say I really like that chap!! Was he expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi giddy where did u get the jelly fish costume??

giddybootz wrote: »
    Thanks Milly...and I gotta say I really like that chap!! Was he expensive?

Hello, he was €18.99 so not too bad. The only thing is that his face is just made from cardboard well heavy duty stuff but still, so if you were to put it outside if it rained I am not too sure how he would hold up. I might put some platic coat on his face and see that might work...

I have a question, I am on the prowl for perhaps a small (not highly expensive) fog machine and maybe a motion sensor. Either on line or anywhere in Cork. I checked out Maplins website and it say they have them but not to sure of their prices..If anyone knew of anywhere else twud be great thanks...Somewhere that accets laser card

foundry wrote: »
    Hi giddy where did u get the jelly fish costume??

My OH and i made it...but was in a rush so have been thinking of patching it up for this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Irlscot

Some great ideas there - but where in Cork is there a fancy dress party? Can't find info anywhere :(
    Thanks for any help :)

Irlscot wrote: »
    Some great ideas there - but where in Cork is there a fancy dress party? Can't find info anywhere :(
    Thanks for any help :)

Hello

There are only three places or wait four I know of in Cork. One is upstairs in Hallmark the one by the New Mcdonalds down by cashes...

Madd also have a shop if it is still there, it was on the corner of North Main Street (these are quite good and as far as I remember cheaper than the rest).

There is a rental place up by the Coliseum,sorry I cannot rem the name, it is on the opposite side of the street to the Coliseum and onther in Blackpool..Cant say much about either of these places now. The costumes are very tatty and a bit smelly...

You would probably be better off buying online, more than likely works out cheaper

Thanks - costumes are sorted now :) the only question is - where's the party?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Wonkagirl

Host one!!

Was thinking about that :) didn't the old oak used to have a fancy dress party? Is there anywhere in town having one people know of? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

Milly33 wrote: »
    I have a question, I am on the prowl for perhaps a small (not highly expensive) fog machine and maybe a motion sensor. Either on line or anywhere in Cork. I checked out Maplins website and it say they have them but not to sure of their prices..If anyone knew of anywhere else twud be great thanks...Somewhere that accets laser card

Maplins fog machines start at about €60, if you were thinking of connecting a motion sensor to fire it, it won't work, they are like kettles - they heat the fluid, then when ready to fire the fog you press a switch and it gives out about 30secs of fog. Then you have to wait for it to get back up to temperature again. There are fog machines that produce constant fog, but you are talking prices starting at over €100 HTH

• Advertisement

Oh I took a trip to maplins at the weekend thank you, and picked one up there for €40.00 bargin its great we tried it out at home... We had a look at the sensors but yes I dont think they would work. What were hoping to do insted is try and do the hole freezing fog thing with pipes and ice, so the fog will stay low to the ground...Cant wait...

I havent heard of any Halloween Parties this year in Cork. The had one last year in Blackrock Castle which was suppose to be good. Was suppose to go but the person never meet me to give me my tickets very annoyed..

Try keeping an eye on PROC perhaps, or try the Crane Lane they might be doing something...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Always wanted to dress up as a star wars storm trooper... now to find the right party :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cipher_neo

forgive my ignorance :) but what date is halloween?

cipher_neo wrote: »
    forgive my ignorance :) but what date is halloween?

31st October but given it's a Sunday I'd say most parties would be on the 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭cipher_neo

31st October but given it's a Sunday I'd say most parties would be on the 30th

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭xoixo

Does anyone know where I can get rubber snakes in Dublin?

The Joke Shop by Stephens Green has them but only one length, one colour, one style and I need a little diversity.

Thanks!

Haha :) I am sorry i am such a twat.. I have only just realised that I went off on abit of a rant there and yep didnt even answer you question I told you were you could get outfits...Im sorry my bad just so excitied about Halloween..

But back to your question I just noticed in the Cork City page there is a thread started about Halloween Parties to go too. The one in Blackrock Castle is on again which is suppose to be good just make sure to get your ticket early

Haha!! :) no problems - make plenty myself until the coffee kicks in :D

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Milly33 wrote: »
    What were hoping to do insted is try and do the hole freezing fog thing with pipes and ice, so the fog will stay low to the ground...Cant wait...

I think what your talking about there is dry ice, a solid form of carbon dioxide. Its a different effect to fog which will rise. Fog is still a really cool effect though, especially in confined areas.

• Advertisement

I think what your talking about there is dry ice, a solid form of carbon dioxide. Its a different effect to fog which will rise. Fog is still a really cool effect though, especially in confined areas.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCHx7hJTd6KKLApS_qPQoQRk4yvjfp3jvXt5eImrx-z3z92qc&t=1&usg=__V9eKyKCd766FGk7oOKTB4PaO05Y= Yep that is the thing alrite that we, I say we becuase my manfriend has kindly said that he will sort out the technical side of things......

Advertisement