Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Big Halloween Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

AWESOME!

I'm gonna try do something big this year, go all out with make up? or a costume.. hmmm

I've always wanted a full body gorilla costume, cliché but i've never had one, id want to wear it randomly all year though.
    Either that or ill be a zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Pudding11

Im doing a fancy dress chocolate party. Everyone comes over in costume and we eat copious amounts of chocolatey treats like cupcakes, cookies, fondue, truffles etc. My teeth are rotting at the thoughts of it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Im trying to come up with some new ideas for my party, ive done the Haunted House theme, mad scientists lab, the Tarot/ séance room. Just regular halloween decorations. Now im looking for a new theme!! i was thinking Buffy but there'll just be loads of Twilight fans ruining the vampire theme!!! :p

I love getting lots of sweets the i had when i was young and trick or treating, like Love Hearts, candy necklaces, flying saucers. Then make rice krispy cakes, fairy cakes with pumpkins on them!! :D

I am sooooo excited!!!!!! So does anyone have a theme for party???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Go to "What" in blanchards town .. they have 100's of things.. and props. I was there last week spent a few quid.. goining back on Saturday cos i've heard they got more things in !!

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

sambuka41 wrote: »
    Im trying to come up with some new ideas for my party, ive done the Haunted House theme, mad scientists lab, the Tarot/ séance room.

How about an Alice in Wonderland theme or a Where's Wally Party?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Some people might get inspiration from this thread in Cool Vids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

HHmm thinking more about the themes for party and I've settled on a voodoo/ hoodoo theme!!! Something New Orleans inspired!!!!!!!!! :D

Going off to watch some DVD for inspiration!!

Does anyone know if kids trick or treat anymore???? I haven't had any calling to the door in years,always left with lots of sweets(not that im complaining too much:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mayotobo

anyone know where to get one of the costumes from the bloodhound gang - bad touch video?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Was in New York and Vegas this year and saw two lads in what seemed to be full 'proper looking' Ironman costumes, not cloth but what I presume are plasticy bits.

If anyone has seen it or can point me in a direction I'd appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

HHmm thinking more about the themes for party and I've settled on a voodoo/ hoodoo theme!!! Something New Orleans inspired!!!!!!!!! :D

Going off to watch some DVD for inspiration!!

Does anyone know if kids trick or treat anymore???? I haven't had any calling to the door in years,always left with lots of sweets(not that im complaining too much:p)

Sorry I didn't edit your post I hit the wrong button while trying to quote you, apologies.

I think kids only go to 'trusted' houses these days, in a way it's a shame. I'd say though if you put up decorations outside of your house and have it well lit they'll call in if any are going by, it's usually quite early too, 5-6pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Anyone know where you could pick up a Jedward wig? The ones from Costume Shop look a bit rubbish but maybe with a bit of hairspray they could work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SanAthlone

Does anyone know of many festivals aimed targeted at adults in Ireland?

We went to Derry last year and it was amazing... Just the thoughts of it this year (seeing as Halloween is falling on a Sunday)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 poppylily

the Virginia pumpkin festival is usually great fun with loads for the family during the day and adult events at night. Loads of bands playing the pubs and i think bellX1 were there last year. Also fireworks on the sunday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nerdcore247

So I was thinking of ways to one up the neighbors this year for Halloween. I think this puts the final touch on my haunted house. I'm setting up a micro projector with some spooky videos. Here's a clip of me testing it out. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwEPzlMtgGk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Does anyone know of any partys going on in Dublin this year ? Even soemthing you need to buy a ticket for.

The googler is letting me down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

So I was thinking of ways to one up the neighbors this year for Halloween. I think this puts the final touch on my haunted house. I'm setting up a micro projector with some spooky videos. Here's a clip of me testing it out. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwEPzlMtgGk

Ah I like this idea, I always wanted to do something like this but weep weep I have not found me a porjector yet...

I love halloween we moved into a rented house last year and I decorated it twas great. Only thing was in the end I had to put a sign outside "Saying trick or treaters Welcome" as all the kids were not calling, I practically forced one chap and his two boys to call in...

I havent ordered from this site but will hopefully they have a good few things www.littlestarparties.ie

If your into your art and crats or just for a look this site is great, fantastic work... www.stolloween.com

Only thing in Ireland with stuff like this is the rain for when you are trying to dry the stuff out and for putting them outdoors. I made a tombstone, a few pumpkins and other bits and sealed them lots with boat varnish and well it pissed rain on Halloween nite and by the following morning they were sogging, it was must first time trying something like this so it could be trial and error too. I made the books too on this with differant touches and they turned out great..

With the party in Dublin im not from Dublin myself but my friend has organised a weekend in Kippure http://www.kippure.com/halloweenparty.htm It isnt on Halloween night but from the friday to Sunday looks like good craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nerdcore247

Thanks Milly. I think if I put it in the window it will scare people as they walk by. I wish I knew of any parties in Dublin. Sorry Gaz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

Im trying to come up with some new ideas for my party, ive done the Haunted House theme, mad scientists lab, the Tarot/ séance room. Just regular halloween decorations. Now im looking for a new theme!! i was thinking Buffy but there'll just be loads of Twilight fans ruining the vampire theme!!! :p

I love getting lots of sweets the i had when i was young and trick or treating, like Love Hearts, candy necklaces, flying saucers. Then make rice krispy cakes, fairy cakes with pumpkins on them!! :D

I am sooooo excited!!!!!! So does anyone have a theme for party???

How about Grimm's Fairy Tales? The Brothers Grimm wrote practically every fairy tale you can think of - Snow White, Rapunzel, Hansel and Gretel, Sleeping Beauty, Little Red Riding Hood, etc. I don't know if that's a specific enough theme but I personally find fairy tales creepy but in a good way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 macca123

I'm organising a hallowen Party and am desperately trying to find a good supplier of Halloween costumes. Does anyone know where I can get halloween costumes, masks and general party stuff in Co Donegal area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Did you try Heatons party shops I presume all Heatons stores have them. You may be better posting in the Donegal forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Tesco will have Halloween costumes in this week.

http://www.clothingattesco.com/Halloween/icat/catghalloween

You can't order from here but you can see what's available.

Multiply by sterling price by 1.16 to see what the euro price will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

thecostumeshop.ie

They have a section here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1128

Also, can deliver next day using express shipping for €4.50 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

€2 shops have stuff, some had surprisingly good full overhead masks last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 saywhaat

I was thinking dinosaur, prob make it myself because all ones I've seen on the internet are kids! Having trouble deciding how to make the head though?? Any suggestions?
    Or other ideas?
    Trying to stay away from the typical girl (aka. slutty) costumes!! Really want a kinda funny or cool one!! All help would be much appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

yeh euro2 have some decent masks in ,
    got 2 good ones the other day got me brother to hide in the attick and scared d ****e out of me lil sister ,
    best 4 euro i ever spent

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

http://www.partymad.ie/ Seems like a good selection of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭vandammaged

Not sure how I came across this site but oh my god emmmm...

http://www.yandy.com/

83615.jpgFor the Men83684.jpgFor The Ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Decided to start a Halloween thread, dont think theres one already, am not sure if its in the right place here but anyways im getting in the spirit of things :D

You can put your costume ideas, halloween plans, fave halloween songs, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i wanna go halloween mad at xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

No no no tis Halloween images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd4AUMmuA6qs1xuyyUJ72VZRVyX3G3cB8X4-EEf6jCaFXHIho&t=1&usg=__GShxJjmDtUsJGqzlkeJ87RmRVHU= not lets see who can put the shortest skirt on, get their boobs out..Great as a costume shop but not for all Hallow's...The scarier the better
    Not sure how I came across this site but oh my god emmmm...

http://www.yandy.com/

83615.jpgFor the Men83684.jpgFor The Ladies

Advertisement