Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oktoberfest Dublin docklands 2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I agree sorta with what you've said, but i hardly believe that Erdinger is micro at this stage. and i would also gather that their pricing is down to the fact that people believe it is 'niche'. So no i dont agree with the pricing of their beers be it at festivals or bars europe wide. 8.50 for a beer? where are we Japan? Just because its expensive doesnt make you cosmopolitan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

listermint wrote: »
    I agree sorta with what you've said, but i hardly believe that Erdinger is micro at this stage. and i would also gather that their pricing is down to the fact that people believe it is 'niche'. So no i dont agree with the pricing of their beers be it at festivals or bars europe wide. 8.50 for a beer? where are we Japan? Just because its expensive doesnt make you cosmopolitan.

The place was wedged, I don't think they'll be lowering their prices anytime soon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

BeerNut wrote: »
    This is total speculation, but since Fischer Stiftungsbräu is part of Erdinger and also imported by Noreast (who are running the show), there may be some of that.
    Accurate speculation, as it turns out :cool:

Fischer Hell and Erdinger Weissbier on tap; Erdinger Dunkel, Kristall, Oktoberfestbier and Alkoholfrei in bottles. And leberkäse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Paparazzo wrote: »
    The place was wedged, I don't think they'll be lowering their prices anytime soon

Neither do i :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brianw

listermint wrote: »

8.50 for 1L??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Accurate speculation, as it turns out :cool:

Fischer Hell and Erdinger Weissbier on tap; Erdinger Dunkel, Kristall, Oktoberfestbier and Alkoholfrei in bottles. And leberkäse :pac:

Yeah, i had a post typed out thanking you but got distracted and never hit submit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

was there last night, had a great time, 10e for a litre of erdinger isnt too shabby in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Has anyone found the beer there to taste different than what you get on draught in a pub or in the bottle?
    It seemed a tad weaker to me and 'less fresh' than it should be or is it a case of me imagining it after drinking a few? :)

I had a Maß of Fischer with my three-types-of-pig lunch today and it was spot on.

Did you try any Erdinger? (which I should have said I was drinking)

• Advertisement

gurramok wrote: »
    Did you try any Erdinger?
    No. I'm not a fan. And drinking wheat beer by the Maßkrug is just weird. Reminds me of the brewpub in Korea that sold its Irish stout in a Kwak-style glass: sure it's all European, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

No. I'm not a fan. And drinking wheat beer by the Maßkrug is just weird. Reminds me of the brewpub in Korea that sold its Irish stout in a Kwak-style glass: sure it's all European, isn't it?

Drinking any beer in litre servings will always seem weird to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Erdinger Weissbier was pretty rough, but I had two delicious hot dogs :D

the que's where madness there last night, well over an hour to even get in one of the lads had to que and this was at 7 o clock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Was thinking on heading in now to check this out. Should I bother. Will it be jammers?

Slunk wrote: »
    Was thinking on heading in now to check this out. Should I bother. Will it be jammers?

wouldnt be too bad now, but after 6,half 6 it will be very busy and que'ing to even get in

And it closes at 8pm on a Sunday, beware of that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

No queue at that time last year, on the saturday i went.

Same here, I went at around 7pm on a Saturday last year and waltzed straight down the ramp and into the main tent.

This year the queues were absolutely ridiculous. I went last Saturday at 7pm and their were over 100 people queuing to get in so I had a few beers and a hotdog outside and left. I decided to get there earlier yesterday. I arrived just before 5pm and the queue was even longer then the week before! I ended up going to the Bull & Castle for a stein instead so that eased my disappointment alittle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Just back from it today; no queues and great fun! Didn't make it before now but didn't mind as I had just hoped to make it one day out of the fortnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I had great craic this year :)

Although what was the story with people being allowed drink from and carry broken glasses? It was EXTREMELY dangerous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement