Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

polaris68 wrote: »
    Plus the carrot of possible foreign trips for the players probably helps with recruiting as well.

I think the lads in Navy will get enough of that in fairness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

And the fact that it is a Naval Academy home game so I presume that they distribute the tickets and decided how many got to ticketmaster/general release after taking their own and Notre Dames season ticket holders/boosters in to account.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

is this game going ahead? I dont see it on the Aviva Stadium web site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

irish147 wrote: »

It most certainly is.

It's on ESPN, Yahoo, CBS etc. if that puts your mind at rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Has anyone received their tickets? Or are they normally distributed only a week or two before?

• Advertisement

irish147 wrote: »

It is

http://www.avivastadium.ie/whatsOn.aspx

http://www.avivastadium.ie/eventDetails.aspx?id=72

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Does anyone know if there'll be things like fanzones or a tailgate party like they have at the Wembley game? Or just general entertainment going on around Dublin?

Dublin City Council (or whoever) should go all out here and try and promote Dublin as best as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Steveo.1985

Is it being televised here in Ireland?

Is it being televised here in Ireland?

I doubt it'll be on terrestial Irish TV.

it'll be live on ESPN America

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Does anyone know if there'll be things like fanzones or a tailgate party like they have at the Wembley game? Or just general entertainment going on around Dublin?

Dublin City Council (or whoever) should go all out here and try and promote Dublin as best as possible.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't. The tailgate'ish thing they had before the HC Final in Twickenham was great. Although the earliesh KO in Aviva might put paid to that.

• Advertisement

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if there wasn't. The tailgate'ish thing they had before the HC Final in Twickenham was great. Although the earliesh KO in Aviva might put paid to that.

Not to mention the game is being played with the US Navy and a Catholic University...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dympy

does anyone know if they have released Wembley tailgate party tickets for Oct '12 yet???
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Conchir wrote: »
    Has anyone received their tickets? Or are they normally distributed only a week or two before?

I haven't received mine yet. I have a feeling they won't be sent until closer to the time. TM is like that with some events.

Through work a little more has come up about the week. There are several official functions scheduled to take place with Notre Dame hosting business and science conferences in Dublin. Some high level people will be attending apparently

There are 33,000 scheduled to travel from US with 26,000 being ND connected and 7,000 being Navy connected. 15,000 irish tickets sold in 4 hours

Friday 31st
    ND Pep Rally in O2 arena - Line up of Irish acts (didn't get all names but the likes of Brian kennedy were mentioned) combined with traditinal US pep Rally. This will be ticketed (didn't get price)

Saturday 1st
    Mass in Dublin Castle (for about 5,000) 9-10am
    Temple bar tailgate - free. "American style Trucks with BBQs", music in pubs, the game live on big screens, food village
    Pre game concert - Notre dame marching Band go through Temble bar earlyish and then have a mini concert in merrion Square at 12 noon. They'll also be performing at half time etc

Man I can't wait for this. Atmosphere should be amazing - college football fans easily trump their NFL counterparts when it comes to passion and support. I think it will be infinitely better than the Int Series because of the large contingents of fans coming over from the States. Those extra activities sound fun too - isnt their a gigantic aircraft carrier (largest non oil tanker in the world or similar if im not wrong??) or something docking in Dublin for the weekend in affiliation with the Navy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Why is it always Brian Kennedy, why? I bet they'll throw in Jedward as well. I'll be at the games in Parnell on the Friday so will miss the stuff going on in town

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Man I can't wait for this. Atmosphere should be amazing - college football fans easily trump their NFL counterparts when it comes to passion and support. I think it will be infinitely better than the Int Series because of the large contingents of fans coming over from the States. Those extra activities sound fun too - isnt their a gigantic aircraft carrier (largest non oil tanker in the world or similar if im not wrong??) or something docking in Dublin for the weekend in affiliation with the Navy?

yup the standard fly over will be taking place too.

Why is it always Brian Kennedy, why? I bet they'll throw in Jedward as well. I'll be at the games in Parnell on the Friday so will miss the stuff going on in town

What I wouldn't give to see Manti T'eo crash the stage and spear Jedward! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ndtorontocfb

Any clue as to when the tickets will be mailed for this game. I'm overseas and I am hoping to have the tickets in hand soon. I called ticketmaster.ie and the fella was of no use. Have you heard anything in your respective football clubs as to when tickets were to be distributed? I purchased mine during the presale.
    Thanks in advance for any help

Any clue as to when the tickets will be mailed for this game. I'm overseas and I am hoping to have the tickets in hand soon. I called ticketmaster.ie and the fella was of no use. Have you heard anything in your respective football clubs as to when tickets were to be distributed? I purchased mine during the presale.
    Thanks in advance for any help

You'll probably be looking at the end of the summer at least, if not August.

Ticketmaster like to leave it as long as possible before sending them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Out of interest, whereabouts are people's seats located for the game? Mine are in the corner of the West and South stands, upper tier.

Does anyone know what section the people travelling from Notre Dame and Navy will be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Conchir wrote: »
    Out of interest, whereabouts are people's seats located for the game? Mine are in the corner of the West and South stands, upper tier.

Does anyone know what section the people travelling from Notre Dame and Navy will be in?

I'm in the corner of the West and North stands in the bottom tier... around where the 20 yard line will be I think...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Okay just found out an event I was meant to attend was cancelled and I may possibly be able to squeeze in the game ! Anyone know of any tickets going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Okay just found out an event I was meant to attend was cancelled and I may possibly be able to squeeze in the game ! Anyone know of any tickets going ?

Try toutless.com or adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

What about an alternative Ireland fesitval for our American counterparts:

Aslan, unleash Christy on the Catholic Uni students could ensure chaos.

Jedward could join in the festivities "The Human Pinata's"

A Sinead O'Connor sex and politics Q&A with the Notre Dame faculty and staff.

Rubberbandits half-time show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

is it sold out lads!??!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

yes

the whole 83000?! thats very impressive, never thought in a million years that it would

ill have to keep my eye out for some tickets so

any on the go in here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

WilcoOut wrote: »
    the whole 83000?! thats very impressive, never thought in a million years that it would

ill have to keep my eye out for some tickets so

any on the go in here?

You may be turning up at the wrong ground on the 1st of September :pac:

• Advertisement

well dont i look like the clown!

still

me wants tickets

Advertisement