Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do people still dump dogs all the time?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭JayeL

Who died and made you chief animal psychologist?

Dr Sigmund Frog, he made huge leaps in this area.

*gets coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Folks! Dont dump dogs, in bins, out in the streets, dont kick them in the face or treat them like shyte...theyre sensitive, sentient, individual and loving things. If you're a nice enough person to "get it" and love dogs then you really are LUCKY.
    Terry wrote: »
    Heh. The word censor strikes again.
    Word of the night is Shih tzu..will save ya from earning all the ****s! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

JayeL wrote: »
    If you lay dead in your house for a few days, your dog will not stand steadfast at your side with their tummy grumbling, they WILL eat your face and other chewy bits.
    Obviously you have never had the pleasure of a dogs companionship. Some examples:

How about one that was trapped in the house for a month with its owner and would rather starve then eat them

How about a dog who watched over his owners body for 6 weeks
    http://www.edgeprovidence.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=national&sc3=&id=78828

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Obviously you have never had the pleasure of a dogs companionship. Some examples:

How about one that was trapped in the house for a month with its owner and would rather starve then eat them

These cases are very common but I have come across some gruesome cases where dogs did actually eat their dead owners, not often, but it does happen, it's more a survival issue really for the poor dog. It's more common for cats to eat their dead owners though, they don't wait around too long.......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

not to revive the cat vs dog people debate but u never do hear of people pumping cats. they just won't have it - whereas i've seen dogs attempt to rape people

edit: dump. dumb :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

We had people dumping dogs on our road a lot years ago.

We had a lovely Golden Retriever hang around ours for a few weeks,I was only young and had a great time feeding it and looking after it.

Then one day it tried to ride me so we got rid of it.

Havn't had a stray dog around since :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Star Bingo wrote: »
    not to revive the cat vs dog people debate but.. u never do hear of people pumping cats. they just won't have it - whereas i've seen dogs attempt to rape people

:pac::pac::pac: That's a new one!! It's only because they like you, they're not actually trying to rape you, FFS,:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

eh. u don't just like someone by pressing your erect cock up against them reaper. least of all a different species :rolleyes: there are other animals guilty of this but they are not house pets. and justifiably so. but worst of all is when people pump their dogs. this is why there is only really dog lovers, and not cat lovers.

-btw was that fella's dog m or f? he's probs just dumping what he viewed as his "missus", deluded f*ck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

These cases are very common but I have come across some gruesome cases where dogs did actually eat their dead owners, not often, but it does happen, it's more a survival issue really for the poor dog. It's more common for cats to eat their dead owners though, they don't wait around too long.......;)

That gives the impression your speaking from personal experience.

What kind of work brings these cases to you?.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

eh. u don't just like someone by pressing your erect cock up against them reaper. least of all a different species :rolleyes: there are other animals guilty of this but they are not house pets. and justifiably so. but worst of all is when people pump their dogs. this is why there is only really dog lovers, and not cat lovers.

-btw was that fella's dog m or f? he's probs just dumping what he viewed as his "missus", deluded f*ck

This thread is getting very surreal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

:(:(:( Jesus that first video broke my heart. I hope someone looked after him :(

There's is no excuse these days to dump a dog, shelters will take them in for free and won't judge anyone. People that have had a dog for years and just dump them on the side of the road....I just don't get it and never will. If you can't afford to keep a dog anymore there's no shame in that and bringing them somewhere that they'll get a second chance at a good home is easy....dumping them and leaving them to fend for themselves is the only shame in a situation like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'd honestly value a dogs life over many a human... there are a LOT of arseholes out there with no value to society, or redeeming features, and the two dogs I've had the pleasure of owning (both were dumped and taken in) have brought me so much love, joy, smiles and, when the first one died, tears.

I really wish people would visit shelters before paying stupid amounts of money for pure-bred dogs - I've nothing against them, but dozens of dogs every week get put to sleep with a needle when there's no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭JayeL

eh. u don't just like someone by pressing your erect cock up against them………there are other animals guilty of this.....

Animals might press their cock up against you because they like you, humans don't (well, shouldn't).

Animals also can't be guilty or innocent, they're human concepts that only apply to humans. Any love someone thinks they get from a pet is only due to an intersection of their needs and those of the animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

storm2811 wrote: »
    Honestly?
    Would you save an animal rather than a human?

Don't get me wrong, my house is nearly a petting zoo at this stage with all the animals, I love them, but if I had to choose which to save I'd choose a human.

There's a difference between donating to an animal charity, and literally saving an animal over a human. No need for your dramatics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

Magenta wrote: »
    There's a difference between donating to an animal charity, and literally saving an animal over a human. No need for your dramatics.

I wasn't trying to be overly dramatic, just making a fair comparison I think.
    I dunno, I'd still give to human charities more than I'd give to animal ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

storm2811 wrote: »
    I wasn't trying to be overly dramatic, just making a fair comparison I think.
    I dunno, I'd still give to human charities more than I'd give to animal ones.

Hey its a fair point & i would respect your preference to give money to human charities but you have to extend the same courtesy to those who tend to donate money to animal charities.

Fair is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

JayeL wrote: »
    If you lay dead in your house for a few days, your dog will not stand steadfast at your side with their tummy grumbling, they WILL eat your face and other chewy bits.
    Yeah, cos humans who are starving to death have never eaten their deceased fellows :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

All my pets at he moment were abandoned animals we found, in fact we've never paid for a dog or cat.
    I don't treat then like people, they treat me more like a dog, well the pack leader. There pack animals and will actually show you affection regardless of what you provide them with is you show it in return.

I don't see how people can spend so much money on a pure breed dog. Best dogs I've ever known are muts. People say you know what to expect from a pedigree dog but it just doesn't seem to be the case.

In california a while back, a bill was proposed to make it mandatory to spay/neuter all pets, breeders would have to obtain a licence.

Doing something like this would help reduce the numbers of unwanted pets in Ireland. Maybe if the prices were brought down and people were more educated about it.
    Thing that annoys me is men who won't get dogs neutered because they feel it won't be "a man" anymore. Its a dog, its fine, It doesn't need to live a life of sexual frustration...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

anyone ever dump a dog? go on admit it...we'll go easy!
    Maybe you'll go easy, but karma is a bitch, sometimes even literally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Noodleworm wrote: »

In california a while back, a bill was proposed to make it mandatory to spay/neuter all pets, breeders would have to obtain a licence.

Doing something like this would help reduce the numbers of unwanted pets in Ireland. Maybe if the prices were brought down and people were more educated about it.
    Thing that annoys me is men who won't get dogs neutered because they feel it won't be "a man" anymore. Its a dog, its fine, It doesn't need to live a life of sexual frustration...
    Belgium is apparently bringing in compulsary neutering for cats, unless you're a registered breeder. I'm all for it.

Advertisement