Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Didn't see that one coming 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭lgs 4

That great news about ITV's hd 2,3,4 going fta. With Zgemma 7 4k box full epg . That's a nice xmas box .Could we see C4 doing the same with there hd channels .Sky would **** themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Oh my god. I am only just reading the announcement about ITV2/3/4 HD now. In one way; I am absolutely gobsmacked that ITV are doing this move for FTA satellite viewers like myself. I am flipping delighted that ITV are going to provide these HD channels to their viewers for free on satellite from later today (Tuesday Nov 1st).

Although I think this move from ITV does coincide with the impending launch of ITVX in the UK along with the refresh of their TV channels which is happening later this week.

I heard that ITVX will launch today. And the refresh of the ITV channels, including the relaunch of ITV 1, will happen on Thursday.

But other than that; I am just so happy to read this news this morning. When I read about it a few minutes ago for the first time; my jaws nearly dropped to the floor in stunned silence. I bet you guys probably did the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Certainly very unexpected but very welcome

ITV 2, 3, 4 HD now FTA as of 11:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 ronanb78

Are we able to tune these in on a FTA box with frequency codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭lgs 4

No sign of Christmas 24 (movies) going FTA .

ITV2 HD 11053 H 23000, 3/4, DVB-S2, 8PSK.

ITV4 HD 11067 V 23000, 3/4, DVB-S2, 8PSK.

ITV3 HD 11097 V 23000, 3/4, DVB-S2, 8PSK.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Will they be available on my Humax box

FreeSat have yet to announce if they will be added to their EPG but they should now be available to manually add in FTA mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

didn’t think movies 24 would go FTA but I just saw online your right it’s mentioned that it will nov 1-Dec31st

• Registered Users Posts: 34,081 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Given that ITV is a part-owner of Freesat it'd be a bit daft if ITV2/3/4 HD didn't show up on the Freesat EPG fairly soon...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

We have FTA access to VM 1, VM2 and TG4, although not on satellite. On Satellite the above channels are HD on the Sky basic package (no HD package needed)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭monseiur

Hi Gerry,

Just a quick question - I have a smart TV (LG brand) with a built in sat. receiver off dish. To get these ITV 2,3,& 4 HD channels do I have to re tune my TV or is there an easier way of doing it ? As you may have guessed I'm not exactly tech savvy !

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

They will very soon replace the SD versions on 113, 115 and 117. It could take days or weeks to launch

The 3 HD channels were added to the Freesat Test region EPG earlier today

https://www.satellite-calculations.com/DVB/log_freesat.php

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I have the same set up. The hd channels are on it now.

Yes rescan your satellite channels.

ITV 2hd is channel 164 on my tv and the others up a little further.

If you haven't already, add the channels u watch to favourites so they will be handier to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

I'm not seeing them on a sky+hd box.

Edit: thought it meant they would be on the EPG, I guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Should the new ITV channels be on the EPG on a Sky+HD box with a sub or do they need to be manually tuned to Other Channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Not on the Irish EPG anyway, VMTV would have an aneurysm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

The new ITV channels will follow the same format as the old one with regards to EPG

• Advertisement

I wonder why its taking so long for BBC2 NI HD to get on the Sky & Freesat EPG's? Its been months now since it appeared on Astra 28e.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,406 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

ITV2/3/4 HD now on the Freesat EPG. I had to manually scan it just now as the automatic overnight 3am run didn't pick them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

All three channels are on my Freest Box at 113, 115 and 117

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Glaceon

That was quick! Still no sign of the Channel 4 HD regions or BBC 2 NI HD.

Didn't appear automatically on either of my Foxsats, they must have appeared after the 3am auto-update window, but I manually scanned them in on one box. The HD versions replace the SD ones in the EPG, same as Channel 5. The other box should get them itself tonight at 3am.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

M

I notice now all my scheduled recordings have been deleted on the Foxsat after manually running the channel search. Not sure if that's going to happen to everyone or not, perhaps the auto scan overnight won't cause it to happen.

Didn't happen to me, did you do Freesat tune, or a factory reset?

Factory reset deletes everything except recordings.

M

Yes just the Freesat tune. It happened last time the clocks went forward too, it's probably near end of life at this stage, 3 hard drives have gone in to it over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There are also new logos being displayed for ITV2/3/4 HD on the Freesat EPG since this morning.

I also read from DS today that RTÉ One is currently being simulcast in HD on the Sky EPG in NI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Do C4 do regional stuff at all, what would be different, just the ads?

Isn't bbc 2 ni on with a 1199 tag?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement