Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October Intake

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JP84

sorry its just some of these threads are huge and would take forever to read. but thanks for feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 somehelp?

just wondering.. has anyone heard of any1 from c16 getting the call or is it just all the people from c15, starting to look that way...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Yamman

Hi people. Iv been keeping an eye on the site for quite a while but this is my first post. After I thought all was lost I've jus got 'the call'. Everyone keep the chin up I had a merit of 900-1000 and am rc! So Good luck to those still waiting and those who have heard ... See u in GV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

Yamman wrote: »
    Hi people. Iv been keeping an eye on the site for quite a while but this is my first post. After I thought all was lost I've jus got 'the call'. Everyone keep the chin up I had a merit of 900-1000 and am rc! So Good luck to those still waiting and those who have heard ... See u in GV

Hi Yamman. When did you get the call?

And congratulations!

Thank. I got the call yesterday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anay75

Thank. I got the call yesterday morning.

Congrats to you!! Are you C15 or C16?

well I was both lol, but the call came from c15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

well I was both lol, but the call came from c15

Where abouts were you placed in the merit list for c16?

1000-1100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BelfastBear

Well done guys on getting through! When they give you the definitions on the induction day and tell you to learn them, make sure you learn them! It makes hotel G much less stressful!

• Advertisement

Contacted external appointments. They have only been given the go ahead for one intake at the moment and all those contacted are from c15.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

pma1983 wrote: »
    Contacted external appointments. They have only been given the go ahead for one intake at the moment and all those contacted are from c15.

Do they give you any other details, such as the size of the Intake or anything else?

I was told last week that it was '50 or so'.

At least I can stop torturing myself for a wee while now!

so what date does the october intake start? an say for instance there was going to be a November intake, when should we expect those calls to go out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

JP84 wrote: »
    so what date does the october intake start? an say for instance there was going to be a November intake, when should we expect those calls to go out?

Read the forum charter, I quote

# For security reasons, do not give out dates, times or places to the Initial Selection Tests, Assessment Centres, Medicals, Student Information Days or any other part of the PSNI recruitment process. This includes the day/date you start (if you are lucky enough to receive "the call").

As for your other question, wait one and Ill root out my crystal ball!!!!!!!

Shoot, i seem to have momentarily mislaid my crystal ball, but the most accurately way of answering your question in the current climate is how long is a piece of string?????? I really dont understand why people insist on boggling themselves by trying to predict the future...... neither of your questions can be given an accurate answer, one thing people learn from applying for the PSNI is that its a unpredictable process with plenty of surprises along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

As already said, it's not recommeded or allowed on this forum to give out specific dates for security reasons, but to answer your question in a general manner...normally (when there is no freeze on) there is an intake every 5 weeks and generally calls go out 4-6 weeks prior to each start date.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stillhopful

Just back from 2 weeks hols and ........................nothing! No letter or any form of communication or information, so just back to the waiting game, which I'm getting pretty good at!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 urbantiger

I heard at work earlier that one of the girls in the office has just got a call, but she went through the process about two years ago.
    Kind of deflated now given that I'm in C16, don't want to wait two years!

i know me either!! i dont understand why they start new campaigns if they still have plenty or people to use from the previous campaign!! how do they know where to stop on the merit list?
    I suppose when you think about it we will have been in the process a year nearly anyway because I doubt we will hear much now before the new year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

i know me either!! i dont understand why they start new campaigns if they still have plenty or people to use from the previous campaign!! how do they know where to stop on the merit list?
    I suppose when you think about it we will have been in the process a year nearly anyway because I doubt we will hear much now before the new year!!

Well to give you an idea of time scale - From I applied for C13 to starting in Garnerville was approximately a year and a half if I remember correctly. It just takes that long. Some will be quicker I'm sure, and some will wait longer, but I would say a year is easily the average time you're going to wait.

• Advertisement
Advertisement