Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October Intake

Options
  • 21-09-2010 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

It's game over for myself, but thought I'd share the news that a friend of mine got word today that they would be starting in October. Good news for all those still in the running. They had applied this year but got in from C15. So good luck to those still waiting and hopefully a few more phone calls go out to the boardies this week, fingers crossed get a few C16ers in there too!

Just to add to the rumour mill have also heard there is to be another 3 intakes after October.. so chin's up folks if it's true!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

Someone on here missed there call so I'm sure they be happy when they read this wonder if they will mix with c16 good the ball is moving anyway good luck to anyone waiting on the call hopefully you all get the call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Great news to hear and congratulations to those lucky enough to get the call.

Mod Note to those called - well done but please be sure not to post any details here of start/induction dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

B182 wrote: »
    Someone on here missed there call so I'm sure they be happy when they read this wonder if they will mix with c16 good the ball is moving anyway good luck to anyone waiting on the call hopefully you all get the call

Lol, at least i'm a little bit more certain now that i wasn't imagining things!

This has been an awful nights sleep lol!

As to whether there will be c16ers on board for this intake, i'd say most definitely - i'm definitely one of the last c15ers as i got a 'maybe' letter in sept 09 followed by a 'you might be in now' letter in january 10. There might be a handful in a similar situation but thats it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

Are there any other c16ers with vetting cleared and medical passed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stillhopful

Ive passed my medical and cleared getting but down between 90-100 on the merit list so not sure if that would be good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

I'm in too, had a missed call yesterday and called them this morning. Its from my c15 score where i finished between 200 - 210

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Congratulations to those of you who have got a place - I hope you enjoy it as you've had to wait so long!!!

Good news for all of us who are below you in merit pool of c16 as we'll effectively move up a place(?)

Thats what I call a win win scenario!

Ive passed my medical and cleared getting but down between 90-100 on the merit list so not sure if that would be good enough.

It is at times like this that having passed Medical and cleared Vetting become more important tham Merit Score.......:)

Wow congrats folks! How you could sleep last night with a mysterious missed call like that I don't know... I think I would have been sitting up by the phone all night just waiting for day break!! I wish you's all the best of luck!

Sooo... Recruitment freeze then eh?! :D Aye truthfully!

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for all of the calls to go out?

• Advertisement

pma1983 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it usually takes for all of the calls to go out?

Usually over a 2 -3 day period. Some people don't get a call but rather come home to a big brown envelope....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mouser1

anybody know who i call or email to change my contact details i gave on my original application, changes mobile number couple of days ago

No call for some, just an envelope! :eek: As nice as that would be, I'd still like the call too! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

Well done everyone, welcome to the club!

mouser1 wrote: »
    anybody know who i call or email to change my contact details i gave on my original application, changes mobile number couple of days ago

Will pm you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 urbantiger

Hey guys, silly question but if they call you and can't get you I assume they just send you out a letter confirming what they were going to tell you anyway?
    I'm just super paranoid because I don't get any mobile signal where I work and my employer won't put personal calls through.
    Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

ackkkkkk! find this info hard to take, hanging on from c15 merit 150-160, med passed, vetting on going when checked in may, c16 mert 20-30,vetting forms send back no word on a med,good luck everybody else though, sweat is over!!!

urbantiger wrote: »
    Hey guys, silly question but if they call you and can't get you I assume they just send you out a letter confirming what they were going to tell you anyway?
    I'm just super paranoid because I don't get any mobile signal where I work and my employer won't put personal calls through.
    Thanks for your help!

If you don't answer the phone then that's you up sh*t creek without a paddle :D
    Ach , only joking - yeah , if they can't get you by phone then they just send out the big envelope.

I've been fishing folks. Rang recruitment (got through on 3rd attempt)there to find out if all the phonecalls had been made. I was told no and that they were working down the list. The girl couldn't tell me if I was getting a call and that the intake would be around 50 or so.

Forgot to ask if other intakes were planned but I think someone else may have already asked that.

That is all :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JP84

could someone please pm the number for recruitment? can ya get ur merit placing for this years campaign despite the freeze?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

PM sent..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MsTys

Could somebody PM me the number to find out your merit number please?

PM sent

so can anyone confirm if the merit pool is available for this years campaign? i had my AC in May and medical in July!

Yes the merit list is available. I can't remember the number you need to call for it though, but I'm sure someone will pm it to you.

ok thanks!! so what should I be aiming for in the merit pool?? sorry if i sound a bit naive but this is my first time! and is it possible that ppl from this campaign could still get a training place very soon??

Well we would all have been aiming for number 1. I have no idea when c16 candidates will get the call unfortunately.

What was your ac score?

JP84 wrote: »
    ok thanks!! so what should I be aiming for in the merit pool?? sorry if i sound a bit naive but this is my first time! and is it possible that ppl from this campaign could still get a training place very soon??

We don't know how many is being recuited therefore hard to say but sub 200 is good score that way if they do 50/50 your safe either way but ATM isn't to important due to the large number without medicals who may have a better merit score than you means nothing without that medical date, also has your vetting cleared again your merit is pointless until that's cleared

AC score 58.......do u get informed when vetting is cleared or what? my forms were sent back in june

• Advertisement

JP84 wrote: »
    AC score 58.......do u get informed when vetting is cleared or what? my forms were sent back in june

Only if you fail do you hear back, take 5mins read through few posts this place is a treasure of information

Advertisement