Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontline

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Going way off topic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Craebear wrote: »
    Well given a choice between Fianna Fail, Fine gael and Labour, it's not worth voting. I'll stay at home and have a **** instead.

There's always one. The auld stay at home whinger who coulnt be bothered to get up off their arse and help bring about a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

That skit was a disgrace, not even slightly impartial, a plain attack, makes a mockery of the program and what it is meant for.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

some_dose wrote: »
    As much as it might be crazy to say, I honestly reckon it's time for a Labour government in this country. Though by no means angels themselves, they are our best alternatives

Oh yeah bring on Joan 'Hardball' Burton, she'll sort things out, lol, another waffler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

no our politicians are perfectly in touch with reality i believe.
    they know only too well they have their nice cosy "jobs", their plush state cars and their index linked pensions to look forward to.

sadly their reality and that of the average guy in the street seldom meet.

they realise only too well that if they give joe soap a few meaningless stats, and the prospect of an upturn in our economic fortunes, poor old joe will probably re-elect them to office.

welcome to REALITY.:eek:

If there was a prize for stating the bleeding obvious, you'd be the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

orourkeda wrote: »
    There's always one. The auld stay at home whinger who coulnt be bothered to get up off their arse and help bring about a change.

Not forgetting the "sure the other crowd are all the same" line.

Two classic FF excuses touted in a desperate attempt to stave of the impending bloodletting.

Tired and stale at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

skelliser wrote: »
    link please?

how much are they paying you in mount street?

do us a favour and stop trolling and deflecting the thread.

In 2004 25.2 billion from US companies ALONE was delcared in Ireland http://www.finfacts.ie/irelandeconomy/usmultinationalprofitsireland.htm This doesnt include European and Asian companies that delare their profits here.

Heres some information on the topic:

IMDO - http://www.imdo.ie/imdo/business/tax-environment

SDF Group - http://www.scfgroup.com/uk_migration.html

Ronan Lyons - http://www.ronanlyons.com/2009/06/22/can-ireland-afford-to-increase-its-corporate-tax-rate/

KPMG - http://www.kpmg.com/IE/en/IssuesAndInsights/ArticlesPublications/Documents/Transport/Tonnage_tax.pdf

Kirk and Ass. - http://www.kirkandassociates.ie/3yrcortax.html

NO.

I want a link to were you said FG would raise the corporate tax rate!

Apologies all for off topic direction in conversation. Will try to keep it to a min in future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

cojack101 wrote: »

General company info and tax generalities do not back-up your specific claim.

Please provide correct direct data as back-up to your way out there original claim or stop with such possible rubbish.

• Advertisement

NO.

Link; http://www.healthwizard.in/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/cabbage2.jpg

NO.

Read the posts before I get my head bitten off. I never said FG would. I said Labour wouldnt tell me they wouldnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭LarrytheLantern

Oh yes. Pat Kenny - the man who recently complained that his €650,000 a year pay packet was a pittance when compared to Premiership players like John O'Shea.

Another f*ckwit divorced from reality.

Christ if there was a prize for slow-learners, you my friend would be standing on the podium!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

I suppose this is now the official Frontline thread - the other one is called Frontline 20/09/2010. Going back to tonights show: some were commenting on proposed cuts to CE schemes. I say, roll on cuts.
    I know single mothers on CE schemes who receive more money than most Working people get from full-time employment. They receive both payments tax free. They keep refering to themselves as "The Vulnerable". :mad:

They'll higher the 12.5% corp tax rate.

link to this claim please.

Christ if there was a prize for slow-learners, you my friend would be standing on the podium!:rolleyes:

I used to know a guy like you. He drank in my local. Nobody liked him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

That skit was tame compared to what they used to put on Bull Island

That skit was a nice counterbalance to The Late Late with Tubridy.

Maybe Pat was getting his own back!!!!!

Loving it! And it would be even funnier if it were actual satire, rather than simply being the truth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    That skit was a disgrace, not even slightly impartial, a plain attack, makes a mockery of the program and what it is meant for.

I actually thought the skit was hilarious and burst my sides watching it. At first I actually thought it was an ad or something for The Savage Eye.
    But what was equally as funny was as it was at the end (before the credits) of a serious current affairs programme. It was a very very direct attack on FF and Cowen himself who was at one stage portrayed as a drunken leader like Boris Yeltsin. I was shocked by the veracity of the attack and certainly wasn't expecting it at the end, or otherwise, of a Pat Kenny show.

Methinks something is amiss here- Kenny is far too straight to give the ok to something like that. If he had then he had just destroyed his long earned reputation for political impartiality.

Is there any chance that a disgruntled RTE employee hacked it into the end of the show? It just seems way too brazen an attack for RTE.

In any case I reckon this skit is going to have legs in the media in the morning ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Microsoft KPMG and Intel pay their corp tax on world wide income through Ireland. It might not be exactly 80%, but it follows the basic 80 20 rule of most things.

So is it 80% or isn't it ?

You're sounding as self-contradictory as Ahern!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭areu4real?

... but it follows the basic 80 20 rule of most things.

Following same rule, what % of your posts are bull?

• Advertisement

1 . On Taxes generated by Foreign Direct Investment

If anyone uses highbeam.com they can see the figures published by the National Institute Economic Review in their report "The impact of foreign direct investment on sectoral adjustment in the Irish economy." Its Document number 1G1-56908889

They quote that on FDI - "foreign companies produced roughly 69 per cent of total net output and accounted for 45 per cent of employment ".

The figures seem pretty straight up to me, but if I'm reading it wrong I apologise.

Also figures provided by Ireland Chief Executive Barry O’Leary with two quotes. "O’Leary said that the FDI community last year generated €104 billion worth of exports – 80pc of all Irish exports", and "Multinationals in the Irish economy contributed to 73pc of all business R&D spend in the country" . This is from a report by Silicone Republic and can be found at http://www.siliconrepublic.com/business/item/14604-ireland-is-bucking-global-f

2. I never said F.G. would raise the corp tax rate. I said that my Labour Cllr couldn't tell me that Labour wouldn't when they came campaigning at the last rounds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

areu4real? wrote: »

Now Now this is neither the time nor place:p

areu4real? wrote: »

0% if you look at my last post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Its up...

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1080805

Edit:

1hr 7mins is when this 'skit' takes place. After reading the comments on this thread I probably was expecting too much. I dont see why this will be all over the media. Off to watch the rest of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

TV forum - find it, use it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement