Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontline

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

cojack101 wrote: »
    How far can you push a man?

Depends.... Is he in a wheelchair?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

mikom wrote: »
    Depends.... Is he in a wheelchair?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Biggins wrote: »
    Aaaa... no.

They're about the only hope unfortunately as our own government are still too busy feathering their nest to give a flying f**k about the country. It's either the IMF or meltdown.......

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Very funny lads ;)

...our own government are still too busy feathering their nest to give a flying f**k about the country...
    That I agree with.

• Advertisement

One of those riot trucks has just pulled up outside my house!!!! So much for free speech..........AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Help! Help!.................

Sorry Grimreaper666.

I have been informed on this thread that its everyman for himself =P

Call this man:

http://www.icecreamireland.com/images/Caughtwic/Enda-sm.jpg

He'll fix the country with Icecream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Erm.. people saying IMF, didn't the EU create 440 billion euro fund to prevent PIIGS from defaulting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Bring it on!!

When this shower of corrupt gombeen FF gob****es are finally kicked out THEN we can say we have turned a corner!

Think it will be sooner rather then later as well!!

Sorry Grimreaper666.

I have been informed on this thread that its everyman for himself =P

Call this man:

http://www.icecreamireland.com/images/Caughtwic/Enda-sm.jpg

He'll fix the country with Icecream

Phew...... I though it had something to do with global warming, climate change or whatever it's called this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭LarrytheLantern

I wish I hadn't watched the programme. I was nice & relaxed before I did & now I'm fuming. Our politicians are so far divorced from reality, it's f*cking scarey.

no our politicians are perfectly in touch with reality i believe.
    they know only too well they have their nice cosy "jobs", their plush state cars and their index linked pensions to look forward to.

sadly their reality and that of the average guy in the street seldom meet.

they realise only too well that if they give joe soap a few meaningless stats, and the prospect of an upturn in our economic fortunes, poor old joe will probably re-elect them to office.

welcome to REALITY.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

have to say rte really seem to be pushing for an election. especially when the shows coda was balanced against the opening movement were something along the lines of social development was being mooted.

Phew...... I though it had something to do with global warming, climate change or whatever it's called this week.

No no its Enda's new plan to get votes.

"Vote Enda and get a free Icecream"

But the craft B****rd is at it again. Turns out what he doesnt tell you is that its 1 ice cream for the registered voters. Not one icecream per registered voter.

But in all seriousness if he gets in.. which is likely, he'll sink the country. And I know FF have made a balls of it, but Enda will put the country under, like under under.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

As much as it might be crazy to say, I honestly reckon it's time for a Labour government in this country. Though by no means angels themselves, they are our best alternatives

some_dose wrote: »
    As much as it might be crazy to say, I honestly reckon it's time for a Labour government in this country. Though by no means angels themselves, they are our best alternatives

They'll higher the 12.5% corp tax rate. If they do that KPMG Intel and Mircosot will leave.

They supply 80% of the governments revenue in PRSI PAYE

They'll higher the 12.5% corp tax rate. If they do that KPMG Intel and Mircosot will leave.

What?

They'll higher the 12.5% corp tax rate. If they do that KPMG Intel and Microsoft will leave.

:eek:

Where the hell did you pull that one from!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Well given a choice between Fianna Fail, Fine gael and Labour, it's not worth voting. I'll stay at home and have a **** instead.

No no its Enda's new plan to get votes.

"Vote Enda and get a free Icecream"

But the craft B****rd is at it again. Turns out what he doesnt tell you is that its 1 ice cream for the registered voters. Not one icecream per registered voter.

But in all seriousness if he gets in.. which is likely, he'll sink the country. And I know FF have made a balls of it, but Enda will put the country under, like under under.

Once again this country has been bankrupted by FF. I dont think you can get any more "under" then that.
    FG/LABOUR or whoever can do no worse then this current shower.

Its goin to be a great day when FF get the slaughtered in the election!

mikom wrote: »
    What?

They wont give a def answer on it. Its all hmmm and hawing.

Thats not a risk I'll take.

Anyone that comes to my door looking for votes, and they wont give me a definite "we will fight tooth and nail to keep Ireland out of a EU level corp tax rate" or a definite and simple "NO we will not raise it" I stay the hell away from.

Asked them at the last elections when they came a knocking

• Advertisement

link please?

how much are they paying you in mount street?

do us a favour and stop trolling and deflecting the thread.

Craebear wrote: »
    Well given a choice between Fianna Fail, Fine gael and Labour, it's not worth voting. I'll stay at home and have a **** instead.

I won't even be staying at home, i'm getting the f**k out of here, they'll probably bring in a **** tax at the rate things are going....

Biggins wrote: »
    :eek:

Where the hell did you pull that one from!

Microsoft KPMG and Intel pay their corp tax on world wide income through Ireland. It might not be exactly 80%, but it follows the basic 80 20 rule of most things.

skelliser wrote: »
    Once again this country has been bankrupted by FF. I dont think you can get any more "under" then that.
    FG/LABOUR or whoever can do no worse then this current shower.

Its goin to be a great day when FF get the slaughtered in the election!

I hope the f**kers are dragged through the streets Taliban style!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Craebear wrote: »

Meh, spoiling a vote can always be fun. We could write this on our ballot slips;

"They'll higher the 12.5% corp tax rate. If they do that KPMG Intel and Mircosot will leave.

They supply 80% of the governments revenue in PRSI PAYE".

I won't even be staying at home, i'm getting the f**k out of here, they'll probably bring in a **** tax at the rate things are going....

Under the blankets......... an ould stealth tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Erm.. people saying IMF, didn't the EU create 440 billion euro fund to prevent PIIGS from defaulting?

And piigs might fly

Microsoft KPMG and Intel pay their corp tax on world wide income through Ireland. It might not be exactly 80%, but it follows the basic 80 20 rule of most things.
    Superstitious and no data back-up.

Ok and Im leaving some other big companies out.

Google, PWC SCF (They pay 12.5% on well over a billion a year in Irl) - and alot of other multi nationals. But these multi nationals covered circa 80% of what comes in the door.

They all stay because of the corp tax rate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭LarrytheLantern

yep labour will cosy up to their over-paid public sector union buddies whose inefficiency & incompetence contributed in no small way in getting us into this mess, and who are now bleeding us dry.

they will create another few dozen quangos to look after those that lost their jobs, pour more money into the likes of An FARCE.

Lab are great for a good sound-bite but i'm totally unconvinced of their "STRATEGY" forgetting us out of this mess.

LAB would be a serious mistake imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement