Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most misused word on boards?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

LOL

I'm disagreeing with your post and I've absolutely nothing to back up my point, so I'll stick a LOL at the end and that'll make everything okay.

No it doesn't, and no, I'm not laughing.

While on the subject of LOL.... You didn't actually laugh out loud did you, you may have smiled to yourself.I have maybe laughed out loud at something once or twice on boards but if i'm to believe people do it every time they type it i must be missing out!

Not based at you bald soprano. "LOL"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

People using the word 'precious' in a sentence where precious makes no sense at all, but precocious would make perfect sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

Terry wrote: »
    Random.

'Like, I was just randomly reading Boards, when some random poster just posted something totally random, I was just like... that's so random... so I randomly...'
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

about 'ironic'.

It does not mean appropriate. In the context of coincidences it means the direct opposite.

i.e. Homer Simpson to the Cat Burglar 'How ironic, caught by the very man who was trying to catch you.'

Advertisement