Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What question should Boards.ie ask Ben Affleck this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

How closely involved is Affleck with his Irish Ancestry? Would he consider doing more Irish roles so we can push out Colin Farrel and Colm Meaney...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Have you made any home movies with J-Lo? If so, can I have a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It's now the next day. What question was asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Yeah I can't wait to find out!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah, so apparently Rebecca Hall was at the premiere.

Let's hope Darragh organised for her to come on and answer questions. And let's hope the guards have plenty of restraining orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Renn wrote: »
    Yeah I can't wait to find out!!

Heh...Don't hold your breath.;)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055891088

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

Ah pity its over:(

Ask him how he has managed to break the laws of physics for so long,

• Registered Users Posts: 85,918 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ask will there be a sequel to Armageddon?

Oh no too late :o so what was asked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Rebecca Hall? Is that the annoying one from Vicky Christina Barcelona? What's so great about her? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Okay, so I went to the premiere yesterday, video camera in hand, waiting to ask Ben Affleck questions.

There was a LOT of waiting around... So I wanted to give you a taste of this in the video below (and bear in mind, I'm no professional) and there's a lot of rushing - basically you're told "One, two questions and that's all you get..." before he's rushed away...

but he eventually got there and the questions that I asked were...
    Otacon wrote: »
    He's done acting, now directing. Ask him will he try writing next and become better than Kevin Smith in every way!?
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    No question, just tell him he was "Da bomb in phantoms".

Cheers for the questions all of you :)

I realise that's a long video - so here's a shorter edit of it...

Hope that was worth waiting for and my thanks again to the Jameson Dublin International Film Festival (on next year from 17 to 27th February)...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,856 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ha.. loved his reaction to the question and that "you was da bomb in Phantoms!". He really can't escape that..

From a few days ago, 17 seconds in..

And for anyone who doesn't get the reference..

50 seconds in..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,593 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Darragh wrote: »
    Okay, so I went to the premiere yesterday, video camera in hand, waiting to ask Ben Affleck questions.

There was a LOT of waiting around... So I wanted to give you a taste of this in the video below (and bear in mind, I'm no professional) and there's a lot of rushing - basically you're told "One, two questions and that's all you get..." before he's rushed away...

Is it just me or is the older guy waiting behind Darragh seriously unimpressed with Darragh asking his questions? Look at his reaction! What an eejit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Darragh wrote: »
    but he eventually got there and the questions that I asked were...

Cheers Darragh, that's awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

faceman wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the older guy waiting behind Darragh seriously unimpressed with Darragh asking his questions? Look at his reaction! What an eejit!

I think he's from The Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Can't believe you said the "da bomb in Phantoms " line. Classic.

Even if you did say it like Stephen Fry would say it :P Fair play though. Affleck seemed pretty sound too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

With regard to the writing question - Hasn't Affleck already surpassed Smith in that he's received an Oscar for writing Good Will Hunting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Lickin' Gravy

faceman wrote: »

Ha,ha...maybe Darragh asked the questions he was going to ask...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I think he's from The Star.
    It looks like Ken Sweeney from The Sunday Tribune to me.