Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London: October Beers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Saturday 16th
    Sweet! I want a cocktail next time! You do get a sugar stick and choc chip cookie when you get a cappuccino or hot choc, which is a small but sweet touch..

How was it music wise? During the day I found it to be a good mix of Roxy Music, YYY's, Rolling Stones etc....

The music was pretty good, quiet enough to allow conversation but still provide atmosphere and generally a good mix of pop & rock. Not sure how busy it'd be on a Friday night but I think we should investigate - purely for research purposes, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Fysh wrote: »
    The music was pretty good, quiet enough to allow conversation but still provide atmosphere and generally a good mix of pop & rock. Not sure how busy it'd be on a Friday night but I think we should investigate - purely for research purposes, of course.

Strictly so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Dr.Giggles wrote: »
    There is a problem for us southerners because the last night bus from Kilburn to Trafalgar is at 12:30 or something, which means we have to crash at someones house or rough it :) It might be good to start at kilburn to gather everyone and then maybe move towards camden or somewhere like that? ...but then I guess that will end up with Northerners not being able to get home. Tis a muddle

Confused Night buses operate all night

N16 Bus Timetable

Night bus route map

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

Saturday 16th
    aww I want to go :( ye will probably have left by the time I meet you all, as I won't be finished work till 6. Looks like a pretty good place, with all your talk of cocktails I now have a craving for one on a Wednesday lunchtime.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Saturday 16th
    I don't think we'll move that quickly unless it's jammers. Easier to meet everyone in one place and then move on. Plus the Jaffa cake cocktails did look delicious. Heck, even the cocktail I had which came with a small slab of cheese (!) was tasty, although not something I'd have every day...

• Advertisement

Saturday 16th
    Confused Night buses operate all night

N16 Bus Timetable

Night bus route map

You might be right, I just remember when we out I was told the night bus for around kilburn stopped at around 12:30. As far as I can tell from that timetable though, that one doesn't go to Trafalgar?

You might be right, I just remember when we out I was told the night bus for around kilburn stopped at around 12:30. As far as I can tell from that timetable though, that one doesn't go to Trafalgar?

Yes but you can get one from there to Trafalgar, or just walk it.

Where were you heading to

Saturday 16th
    Ah right, that is pretty good so, Id be heading to Tooting. I get the N44 from Trafalgar

Saturday 16th
    Ah right, that is pretty good so, Id be heading to Tooting. I get the N44 from Trafalgar

Based on a quick TFL search, it looks like the N16 to Victoria followed by an N44 to Tooting should sort you out if you're looking at getting back from Kilburn to Tooting. Alternatively, if you're heading home from Camden the N28 to Wandsworth followed by the N44 should do you.

Some of the bus timetables are a bit confusing as the same bus route will have two timetables - the daytime route (eg 44) and the nighttime route (N44), with the daytime route showing as stopping after 12:00am because it's replaced by the nighttime route.

Long story short is, you should be fine to get home by bus from Kilburn or Camden.

Check the time table for the overground from Victoria, there use to be a train collecting the rabble about 1.30 which stopped every were, don't fall asleep it ends up in Brighton

• Advertisement

Long story short is, you should be fine to get home by bus from Kilburn or Camden.

Some of us old farts remember a night bus what ran from the bottom of Kilburn high Road to Tooting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Saturday 16th
    You may have a partner on that N16! I'm returning to Peckham afterwards... Although I may go a different route as that N16 connects me with a bus that drops me off at Peckham library and I don't particularly fancy walking down Rye Lane on me own at that hour; could get the N98 and get the 12 from Oxford Circus which brings me down Rye Lane so might opt for that. Hmmho!

Edit: Those cocktails sound delish! Nom!

Saturday 16th
    On a completely different note: It seems there's another Wasted Youth night on the 15th at the Good Ship, which is tempting (and closer than Camden :D)

Saturday 16th
    Sounds good, I'm up for going to that instead of Camden

Saturday 16th
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=152360981442440#!/event.php?eid=140284639350448

£2 entry .... if you write on their wall, I am all for saving £3. I might beg for free entry if we go. yes I am poor.

Saturday 16th
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=152360981442440#!/event.php?eid=140284639350448

£2 entry .... if you write on their wall, I am all for saving £3. I might beg for free entry if we go. yes I am poor.

I should've mentioned that actually, I think LadyMayBelle had put her name down last time and got in for cheap. May as well all put ourselves down so :)

I should've mentioned that actually, I think LadyMayBelle had put her name down last time and got in for cheap. May as well all put ourselves down so :)

I did and ended up not going back..remember waking up thinking, why have I a Good Ship stamp on my wrist??

Stick your names down, no harm.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Gah I'm heading back to Ireland for the weekend on the evening of the 15th, so it looks like I'm out! I will make the next London beers, seriously, I just keep missing them!! :D

Saturday 16th
    Right everyone, the October Beers are happening this Friday 15th, starting from around 7:30-8:00, at the Betsy Smith (77, Kilburn High Road) in Kilburn. Afterwards, we will either wander up the High Road towards the Wasted Youth indie night at the Good Ship, or we'll head towards Camden. (If you're planning on staying out late, put your name down for the Wasted Youth night as it gets you in the door for cheap).

Transport links:
    The Betsy Smith is within about 5 minutes from Kilburn High Road Overground station and Kilburn Park Underground station (Bakerloo line). In terms of buses, the 16, 31, 32, 98, 189, 316, 328, 332 will all get you reasonably close, but your best bet is to search here.

As ever, if you're interested in coming along and haven't been before, drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Friday 29th
    Cant this time unfortunately as it clashes with the other halfs birthday and something has already been organised. Will defo try and make the next one though.

• Advertisement

Saturday 16th
    little note: Tom Cater guy who organises..(or something) the Wasted youth thing has said that I can email peoples names to him to put them on the £2 list (if people don't want to write on the wall etc) so let me know if you want me to include your name when I email him.

Just a thing that occured to us here, if you can get an idea of a the numbers coming, we could book a table in the Betsey Smith (down the back looks really nice and will be better for chatting etc as opposed to standing about)...an idea...

Oh and good job on getting on the list!

Found this via twitter: http://www.lovecamden.org/free-entry-friday-and-saturday-nights

I emailed him and he has me down for free on the 15th October..worth covering all bases:)

I'm heading to Leicester on the Saturday and the OH is flying gome, but we shall most definitely be there....Hmmm wine or cocktails :)

Saturday 16th
    Fabulous, I get very excited these days when I see the word 'Free'

Saturday 16th
    Imma coming! Unless I get hit by a bus.

I'm totally gonna get hit by a bus now aren't I? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Saturday 16th
    I too am going!

Yay! :D

Saturday 16th
    And I has free entry to the Good Ship courtesy of that Love Camden promo - fanks LadyM! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Saturday 30th
    Can't make it this time unfortunately, but should be at the Nov beers hopefully!! Have fun everyone and give me the news after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Saturday 9th
    Hope you all have a lovely time tonight. I don't feel too bad missing them this time as I'm off to Tenerife this evening!!!! :D

Looking forward to the November Beers.

• Advertisement

Heading there now! Wearing flower in my gruaig and shall be downing red wine :) See ye there!

Advertisement