Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25/N30 - New Ross Bypass [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

DSC00013_zpsxnnwxzpn.jpg

Taken from where the bridge construction will end

DSC00021_zpsz4vmcsox.jpg

DSC00049_zpsolxobe62.jpg

Taken from where bridge construction will start

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

It's likely the former Wexford-Waterford railway will become a greenway, and thus the existing railway bridge will provide an alternative for pedestrians and cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭NedNew2

cgcsb wrote: »
    It's likely the former Wexford-Waterford railway will become a greenway, and thus the existing railway bridge will provide an alternative for pedestrians and cyclists.

The Wexford Waterford railway is a different route, the railway here was the Waterford New Ross line with onward connection to Enniscorthy via Macmine.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Video update from the scheme.
    The good weather over the last few months has helped to accelerate progress of earthworks and drainage. A number of areas have been opened up to extract material to be used in other parts of the site and rock excavation by controlled blasting has commenced in the Stokestown area.

The works on the River Barrow Bridge are progressing steadily. Piling works are coming to an end and concrete foundations and pier works are commencing in March 2017. On the Kilkenny side of the river the tower crane has been erected for construction of Pier 2 and Pier 3.

Structures have progressed throughout the site, the most visible being the underbridge on the R733 at Stokestown which has had the beams placed over the existing road. Accommodation underpass structures are being installed on a phased basis starting in March 2017.

It is anticipated that speed limit restrictions will be put in place on the N25 at Glenmore and at Ballymacar in early 2017 to facilitate the construction of roundabouts at these locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭josip

More concrete and rebar added to the foundations at the Glenmore side

XonYO5N.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

The flyover at camblin hill2017-03-19_12-51-24_zpswfabf38p.jpgcamblin looking towards strokestown2017-03-19_01-12-10_zpsq1wk6qpu.jpg

New Ross n25 bypass drone overview 25/02/17http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnH2aZX0ABg

Barrow bridge extrados2017-03-26_10-56-24_zpswppvbz0r.jpgaccommodation underpass144_low_zpsrsxmgyfh.jpgthe flyover107_low_zpshtz7mofg.jpgflyover097_low_zpszj7pwdev.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

M17, are those your pictures? Could you also post them on Skyscrapercity?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Geogregor wrote: »
    M17, are those your pictures? Could you also post them on Skyscrapercity?

They look like the ones from the project website. http://www.n25newross.ie/gallery/

• Advertisement

DSC00752_zpscwau0fnh.jpg

DSC00719_zpsckxnvtjk.jpg

DSC00715_zpss70yvsit.jpg

DSC00710_zpsz8b8c4vg.jpg

DSC00713_zpscg7k91kx.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Less progress than I would have thought in the past 2 months, although they were working on Saturday banging in rebar.

0JOdRjE.jpg

New solar thingy that I don't remember being there before

DdBjqQC.png

fwiw, the other side

FCXAYLu.png

and a few on the other side of the river on the Dunganstown road

YQRlToT.jpg

eopZ7NH.jpg

Strokestown 25/05/17IMAG3488_zpsrryufey4.jpg

Sub contractors not getting paid. Bam we're always known as subbie busters. They done it in Carlow to castledermot and the m50 nothing changes with them and your right Dec the slowest job in the history of road jobs

Is there a rumour that the project is been held up because contractors are not been paid ??

I got the above quote from Facebook

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If BAM didn't pay subcontractors, the wouldn't be able to still get subcontractors. Usual nonsense noise

A few low res pics from last weekend.
    Bridge pylons starting to emerge.

c6SdRDQ.jpg
    5jVf7jB.jpg
    4NqmZow.jpg

I have higher res on another phone, I'll see if I can upload them later.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

Great pics, thanks. :-)
    Great to see the proper, obvious pyhsical parts of the bridge start to take shape at last!

• Advertisement

Great pics, thanks. :-)
    Great to see the proper, obvious pyhsical parts of the bridge start to take shape at last!

Yep, they're going up fast now compared to the drone footage of a month ago.
    I won't be there again until the start of September.
    I'll be very curious to see what the landscape looks like then.

DSC01831_zpsuqtb8h1t.jpg

DSC01830_zpsvughptrr.jpg

Another view of the legs here

Another view of the legs here

it looks like the 2nd leg is already up to deck level?

35722781966_6bff84f05d_b.jpg

The bridge today

The bridge today
    Great shot!
    It would be nice to see more. What is the easiest way to drive close to the site of the bridge? I might be in the vicinity at the end of month.
    Also, I remember that a while back there was a tender for company willing to document the bridge construction (both filming and photographing). Any idea if this is happening? Judging by the project website nobody cares...

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

The bridge today

Nice shot. In the top right corner you can see the formwork for the bridge deck being set up on the ground.

Great shot!
    It would be nice to see more. What is the easiest way to drive close to the site of the bridge? I might be in the vicinity at the end of month.
    Also, I remember that a while back there was a tender for company willing to document the bridge construction (both filming and photographing). Any idea if this is happening? Judging by the project website nobody cares...

The site of bridge is easiest to get to at the Pink Rock . If this is not on your Sat-nav , then punch in Annaghs Co Kilkenny .

2nd site to view is on the road to Dunganstown on the way to the Kennedy Homestead .

For another scenic view , I would travel to the viewing point on Sliabh Coillte and join the walking trail for a short walk around the back . Here you will see the bridge on a clear day anyway ( and half of County Wexford / Kilkenny )

Great shot!

The site of bridge is easiest to get to at the Pink Rock . If this is not on your Sat-nav , then punch in Annaghs Co Kilkenny .

2nd site to view is on the road to Dunganstown on the way to the Kennedy Homestead .

For another scenic view , I would travel to the viewing point on Sliabh Coillte and join the walking trail for a short walk around the back . Here you will see the bridge on a clear day anyway ( and half of County Wexford / Kilkenny )
    Do you have GPS coordinates or some map marking beginning of that walking trail around Sliabh Coillte?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Do you have GPS coordinates or some map marking beginning of that walking trail around Sliabh Coillte?

http://mountainviews.ie/summit/982/?PHPSESSID=tcuc23qt9sifi29d8bauoc9eo7

Advertisement