Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 2 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Steelers @ Titans: I'm really caught up with this, gonna go with Steelers.
    Ravens @ Bengals: Ravens
    Eagles @ Lions: Eagles
    Dolphins @ Vikings: Vikings (I've a friend gone to this, hope they win for his sake!)
    Bears @ Cowboys: Bears
    Chiefs @ Browns: Browns
    Buccaneers @ Panthers: Buccaneers
    Cardinals @ Falcons: Falcons
    Bills @ Packers: Packers
    Seahawks @ Broncos: Seahawks
    Rams @ Raiders: Rams
    Jaguars @ Chargers: Chargers
    Patriots @ Jets: Patriots
    Texans @ Redskins: Texans
    Giants @ Colts: Colts
    Saints @ 49ers: Saints

I cannot wait for the Patriots/Jets game. If Sky don't show it and instead show something like Buccs at Panthers I will kill Kevin Cadle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Dont worry, they are definitely showing Jets Pats game.

Im just waiting for the day Kevin Cadle blows up on air and completely loses it at Nick Halling, calling him a honky-ass cracker and such. It will be golden TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Archimedes wrote: »
    Dont worry, they are definitely showing Jets Pats game.

Im just waiting for the day Kevin Cadle blows up on air and completely loses it at Nick Halling, calling him a honky-ass cracker and such. It will be golden TV.

They've changed games sometimes before, if they do, there'll be hell.

Fcuking lol at Kevin Cadle losing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

No way sky change games here. It's by far and away the best match-up at 9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ravens @ Bengals: Ravens, oh yeah! :cool:
    Dolphins @ Vikings: Vikings (I'm very hesitant over this one)
    Steelers @ Titans: Titans
    Bears @ Cowboys: Cowboys
    Chiefs @ Browns: Chiefs
    Buccaneers @ Panthers: Panthers
    Seahawks @ Broncos: Seahawks
    Rams @ Raiders: Rams
    Patriots @ Jets: Patriots
    Giants @ Colts: Colts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Steelers @ Titans: Not particularly sold on Dixon but I predict a close game, and CJ gets somewhat contained... however in doing so, young is able to step up and lead the titans to the win...

Ravens @ Bengals: Ravens will want it more after losing narrowly to the bengals twice last year

Eagles @ Lions: Lions are not going to win without Stafford and they will really struggle against QB Dog Killer if he plays like he did last week

Dolphins @ Vikings: Can't really see Favre and co dropping the home opener and going to 0-2

Bears @ Cowboys: I'll be surprised if Cowboys drop to 0-2 at the hands of a vastly inferior team in the JerryDome. Cutler's line is dire, he'll be running from Ware and co all day, and will be pressured into making his customary mistakes... could see a blowout actually. Though, to be fair, any team with Cutler at the helm can be classed as highly unpredictable

Chiefs @ Browns: Cleveland look to be still in the same rut they were last year, with the Chiefs at least improved on defence... offence is another story but if they keep handing it to Charles, he'll do the job.

Buccaneers @ Panthers: Buccs will really struggle against Williams/Stewart... just think that the Panthers have too much for them at home

Cardinals @ Falcons: Cardinals do not look good and Derek Anderson is s***e

Bills @ Packers: When the line is Pack by 13 you know you're in trouble, as one person already said... god help ye buffalo...

Seahawks @ Broncos: Seahawks don't travel well and Denver is a hard place to go with the altitude issues... also, Denver lost a close game in 40 degree heat, tropical humidity and thunderstorms last week, I'll expect a bit more to be about us when on our own patch tbh

Rams @ Raiders: Raiders are less awful than the rams but I wouldnt exactly bet my life on them winning either

Jaguars @ Chargers: Chargers to eke this one, but I'm not entirely confident of it either, due to their tendency to start slowly. Jags arent a half bad team when they want to be either.

Patriots @ Jets: Pats shut the jets up, Brady and co. are sick to their arses of hearing about them and have been chomping at the bit to shut them up and remind them who the division belongs to

Texans @ Redskins: Redskins got a seriously sloppy win against an equally sloppy divisional rival last week, Texans looked clinical in dispatching last year's runners up and this year's favourites, id give them the edge

Giants @ Colts: I doubt Peyton Manning is going to lead his team to a 0-2 start and lose the home opener

Saints @ 49ers: 49ers will be better than last week, but not nearly good enough for the champs.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ari gold24

Ravens @ Bengals: Ravens
    Dolphins @ Vikings: Vikings
    Steelers @ Titans: Titans
    Bears @ Cowboys: Cowboys
    Chiefs @ Browns: Chiefs
    Buccaneers @ Panthers: Bucs
    Seahawks @ Broncos: Broncos
    Rams @ Raiders: Raiders
    Patriots @ Jets: Jets
    Giants @ Colts: Giants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Sunday - September 19

- Pittsburgh Steelers @ Tennessee Titans - 6.00 pm - Titans to win this. Steelers to struggle without Big Ben.

- Philadelphia Eagles @ Detroit Lions - 6.00 pm - I'm going with the lions here. Vick to be shut down.

- Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals - 6 pm - Bengals to be fired up after last week and sneak this in another low scoring game involving the Ravens.

- Arizona Cardinals @ Atlanta Falcons - 6.00 pm - Gonzalez to cause some damage in this game. Falcons to win this by a couple of scores for me.

- Miami Dolphins @ Minnesota Vikings - 6.00 pm - I fancy the Vikings to pick up the win here after losing their season opener.

- Kansas City Chiefs @ Cleveland Browns - 6.00 pm - Browns not up to a whole lot for now, Charles to run up some yardage and Cassell to have some fun.

- Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Carolina Panthers - 6.00 pm - Panthers to bounce back after their loss against the Giants.

- Buffalo Bills @ Green Bay Packers - 6.00 pm - Ryan who? Rogers to throw all day, I'm guessing 4-5 TD performance.

- Chicago Bears @ Dallas Cowboys - 6.00 pm - Probably hardest call for me to make, think the Bears will win but just about.

- Seattle Seahawks @ Denver Broncos - 9.05 pm - Seahawks win last week mainly due in my view to a poor 49ers who lacked cohesion, something the Broncos had last week!

- St. Louis Rams @ Oakland Raiders - 9.05 pm - Clayton to be shut out this game, could go either way to be honest so I'll give it to the Raiders because of home advantage.

- Jacksonville Jaguars San Diego Chargers - 9.15 pm - Chargers, poor showing in the opening game. They'll need to respond and I expect them to do it Sunday evening.

- Houston Texans @ Washington Redskins - 9.15 pm - Texans look good, Foster will be tough to deal with, I expect Johnson and Schaub to have fun as a result.

- New England Patriots @ New York Jets - 9.15 pm - Second hardest match for me to call, I fancy the Jets to win this one. Patriots offense not what it's made to be and the Jets will cause them trouble. Think this could be won with a field goal.

Monday - September 20(Sunday night)

- New York Giants @ Indianapolis Colts - 1.20 am - Bradshaw to run riot against the Colts but Manning to destroy their secondary with whatever receiver he takes a liking too for that week.

Tuesday - September 21(Monday night)

- New Orleans Saints @ San Francisco 49ers - 1.30 am - 49ers to play better offensively but Saints to overpower them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Ravens @ Bengals
    Eagles @ Lions
    Dolphins @ Vikings
    Steelers @ Titans
    Bears @ Cowboys
    Chiefs @ Browns
    Cardinals @ Falcons
    Buccaneers @ Panthers
    Bills @ Packers
    Seahawks @ Broncos
    Rams @ Raiders
    Jaguars @ Chargers
    Patriots @ Jets
    Texans @ Redskins
    Giants @ Colts
    Saints @ 49ers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sunday's big game to watch: New England Patriots @ New York Jets

• Advertisement

Sunday's big game to watch: New England Patriots @ New York Jets

Really? I was planning on watching Rams @ Raiders :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Ravens @ Bengals
    Eagles @ Lions
    Dolphins @ Vikings
    Steelers @ Titans
    Bears @ Cowboys
    Chiefs @ Browns
    Cardinals @ Falcons
    Buccaneers @ Panthers
    Bills @ Packers
    Seahawks @ Broncos
    Rams @ Raiders
    Jaguars @ Chargers
    Patriots @ Jets
    Texans @ Redskins
    Giants @ Colts
    Saints @ 49ers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Really? I was planning on watching Rams @ Raiders :p
    SNAP! Blue shoots rubberBAN at Archimedes. :D

Isn't it interesting that both teams used to be in LA?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ravens @ Bengals
    Eagles @ Lions
    Dolphins @ Vikings
    Steelers @ Titans
    Bears @ Cowboys
    Chiefs @ Browns
    Cardinals @ Falcons
    Buccaneers @ Panthers
    Bills @ Packers
    Seahawks @ Broncos
    Rams @ Raiders
    Jaguars @ Chargers
    Patriots @ Jets
    Texans @ Redskins
    Giants @ Colts
    Saints @ 49ers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Ravens @ Bengals
    Eagles @ Lions
    Dolphins @ Vikings
    Steelers @ Titans
    Bears @ Cowboys
    Browns
    Cardinals @ Falcons
    Buccaneers @ Panthers
    Bills @ Packers
    Seahawks @ Broncos
    Rams @ Raiders
    Jaguars @ Chargers
    Patriots @ Jets
    Texans @ Redskins
    Giants @ Colts
    Saints @ 49ers

Nightmare start for the Titans. Steelers return the opening kick for a TD, and Titans fumble the resulting kick with Steelers recovering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Nightmare start for the Titans. Steelers return the opening kick for a TD, and Titans fumble the resulting kick with Steelers recovering.

The Steelers have now fumbled and the Titans have recovered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Eagles rookie safety Nate Allen gets another pick on the Lions first offensive possession. In the preseason thread I picked him to our most important rookie and he is starting his season in great fashion

Edit: Eagles touchdown! Vick to Jackson for 45 yards-good opening drive for Vick. He looks as dangerous as ever but his decisions against the Packers and in this drive also look good

The Steelers have now fumbled and the Titans have recovered

All action over there!

Vikes go for it on 4th and 2 near the red zone, incomplete. Henne then throws to Marshall for 46 yards. Dolphins in the red zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Any Cutler haters/sack lovers should watch the bears game. My boy is getting mauled :(.

Not going to be a good day. Chris Williams to the locker room already. Backup tackle Kevin Schaffer on D Ware now.

• Advertisement

TD Dolphins

Jahvid Best tearing it up at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Jahvid Best tearing it up at the moment.

The Lions are absolutely destroying us on the ground-6 plays 75 yards, all on the ground!

Boo-urns.
    frostie500 wrote: »
    Eagles rookie safety Nate Allen gets another pick on the Lions first offensive possession. In the preseason thread I picked him to our most important rookie and he is starting his season in great fashion

Edit: Eagles touchdown! Vick to Jackson for 45 yards-good opening drive for Vick. He looks as dangerous as ever but his decisions against the Packers and in this drive also look good

Boo-urns times two... Jackson is on my bench.

No injury worries for Percy Harvin, Favre has already hit him five times. 47 yards.

TD Cowboys, the rookie goes all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Olsen with a decent score there, serious pace to outrun secondary. 10-7 Bears.

Flacco hasn't made one pass yet, 0-5.

I wish the cowboys offence would wake up. I have Romo and Barber in FF...

cooker3 wrote: »
    I wish the cowboys offence would wake up. I have Romo and Barber in FF...
    LOL, so do I. Damn they're awful.

• Advertisement

Packers 13-0 up already. Good news for those hoping to beat the spread

Advertisement