Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if this kid dies?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Interesting note, the Pope just blessed the kid in question from the OP at Bellahouston :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Onesimus wrote: »
    Matthew:22:30
    For in the resurrection they shall neither marry nor be married; but shall be as the angels of God in heaven.

Above is an interesting verse for you to ponder on Seaneh.

They shall be AS angels, they won't be actual angels.
    Stinicker wrote: »
    If that child dies then it says to me that the Lord has greater plans for him in the Kingdom of Heaven and he will go to heaven as an angel. The lord works in mysterious ways and this is the work of god.

So if it works, God is great and good.
    If it doesn't work, he's still great but has "other plans". If only "working in mysterious ways" could be used as a court defence.

What the Pope is doing is monstrous, if I claimed to be capable of getting supernatural beings to cure children I would be denounced as a charlatan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

goose2005 wrote: »
    They shall be AS angels, they won't be actual angels.

Subtleties like this are great until you realise that our english bible is several times removed from the original.

Who's to say whether we'll be like angels or angels. Dont worry about it so much.

What the Pope is doing is monstrous...

Blessing a sick kid who wanted it? Monstrous indeed.
    ....if I claimed to be capable of getting supernatural beings to cure children I would be denounced as a charlatan.

Did the Pope claim to be capable of this? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

prinz wrote: »
    I have read the wikipedia page on this and if I remember correctly it deals quite well with the concept and outlining the circumstances it can be used. Perhaps you should read it again, and think about it for a while then come back with questions.

A Pope could go the entire length of their papacy without ever invoking infallibility for instance. There is a common misconception that the Pope is always infallible in everything he says/does. Thats wrong. It's a power that a Pope can exercise but very rarely does.

http://www.catholic.com/library/Papal_Infallibility.asp

I didn't ask about how often popes use it, I asked about its concept. I didn't have any misconception. I am saying, whether popes do it or not, do they have the power to say something when it is regarding divine revelation and they can't be wrong on it?

• Advertisement

Ush1 wrote: »
    I am saying, whether popes do it or not, do they have the power to say something when it is regarding divine revelation and they can't be wrong on it?

Only if it relates to something already a widely held belief in Catholicism, the Pope can confirm the belief and declare it to be infallible doctrine, i.e. that x version of y belief is the version to be understood by all Catholics, so you don't have Catholics in different parts of the world being taught different interpretations of the same belief.

The Pope cannot turn around tomorrow and declare that it was divinely revealed to him that apples are in fact oranges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

The boy does not have cancer.... He HAD cancer.

Advertisement