Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The dreaded Dear John

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭catweasel10

cesc77 wrote: »
    Perhaps you are not aware of this salient fact catweasel...and you are now doing twirly dances in your room knowing that you have been accepted should you pass vetting/med...which im sure you will... ;)

Not dancing at all, this is my third attempt, and I'm not the first RC to have been turned down. i know of at least one other person. It wasn't due to vetting/ medical either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

Not dancing at all, this is my third attempt, and I'm not the first RC to have been turned down. i know of at least one other person.
    Im having a wild guess here that you havent passed the AC in your 2 previous attemts ,but have now and that the person you know did not pass it either ....or failed vetting/med

I would be dancing(but Im not) .

Honestly, I don't think any proposed intake from this campaign will be enough to reach the 30% threshold, going from what I've heard. The RC recruits would have to make up 50%, and if there only recruiting 220, or even 440 overall, it's not going to get to the overall magic 30% anyway, and it's not like they can do a 60/40 or 70/30 RC/NRC to reach it, so, as far as my application goes, I'm not guaranteed a place.
    sigh.......they are doing their best to put RCs through...I wont apologise for this although Im sure Ill be snipped...Do you think they lower IST scores for non RCs?????????come on...

They wont hit 30 % this year but ...it will be hit as this was agreed....as was disarmming......

Im having a wild guess here that you havent passed the AC in your 2 previous attemts ,but have now and that the person you know did not pass it either ....or failed vetting/med

I would be dancing(but Im not) and I find it offensive that you are not dancing.

I did better in my previous 2 ACs. I've already commented on medicals/vetting. Until the whole situation is clarified for everyone, then we're all in the same boat and have absolutely no reason to celebrate.

sigh.......they are doing their best to put RCs through...I wont apologise for this although Im sure Ill be snipped...Do you think they lower IST scores for non RCs?????????come on...

They wont hit 30 % this year but ...it will be hit as this was agreed....as was disarmming......

You might be better off taking this to the politics forum.

As for lowering IST scores for NRCs, no, I don't think they do, and I think, considering it's a fair and transparent process, that the figures would be subject to some form of auditing, and anyway, that wasn't what I said. Am slightly confused as to where that came from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Mod Note - Any debates about 50/50 are for the politics forum. I would suggest people consider very carefully what they say from now on , certain posts are borderline offensive.
    Don't post what you may regret later.

You might be better off taking this to the politics forum.

As for lowering IST scores for NRCs, no, I don't think they do, and I think, considering it's a fair and transparent process, that the figures would be subject to some form of auditing, and anyway, that wasn't what I said. Am slightly confused as to where that came from.
    Thank you for referring me to another forum on what must be your fifth post.I will take that onboard Madam.

A fair? and transparent process!!??

What country are you from?

No part of this process is fair and transparent.

"the figures would be subject to some sort of auditing"......of course they would , do you know that you can manipulate figures or %s to your advantage?.

No,Im I liar.They havent or woudnt lower IST scores.What was I thinking?

Official Warning for Cesc 77 in respect of the above post .

Do NOT ignore Moderator instructions

No further replies or comments to the above posts please.

Please keep the discussion on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Got the dreaded Dear John on Thursday aswell. Well not really dreaded as I knew it was coming - 730's NRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Fingers Crossed

Has anyone received anything other than a Dear John Letter? Last year apparently there were 3 standard letters that were posted.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MissGee

i rang ext. appointments today and the impression i got was that there has only been the one type of letter sent so far. I forgot to ask if they are still being sent out or if thats them all sent. Does anyone know or have received one today??? Im anxiously still waiting for it. NRC 330-350. I desperately hope it wont come :(

To my knowledge nobody has got the letter that says they will be progressed or the one that says '' dunno ''.
    Looks to me like a batch of Dear Johns went out - might be another batch on the way ?
    I do hope that the next few weeks will bring some clarity to this situation .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JP84

MissGee if u dint mind me asking what was your AC score? Im also NRC and was just trying to roughly work out what to expect from merit pool?

JP84 wrote: »
    MissGee if u dint mind me asking what was your AC score? Im also NRC and was just trying to roughly work out what to expect from merit pool?

Please avoid text speak at all times. The charter does not permit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MissGee

Hi JP84! Just send you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chontour

got myself a dear john the other day.... was expecting it anyhuu!

roll on next recruitment campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mal85

to all who recived dear john letter, so sorry to hear guys, gutted for you all :( im sure ill be joinning you soon, with my credit rating the way it is, i dont hold much hope for passing vetting,

sure theres always next time, anyone else heard anything a little more positive??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sharan

im in the same boat mate whats the craic with your credit rating? mine is pretty bad but no one can give an answer when i phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AYMN10

Hey all, im guessing now that i'l definately be getting a dear john in the coming weeks, have only gotten the letter about the freeze and my ac score since my pass letter and nothing on vetting or medical. Was holding out slight hope this was just because of the freeze but now letters are coming out to people in the same boat it doesn't look good?

Advertisement