Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC - Press Conference and a chance to put your questions to them

Options
  • 15-09-2010 7:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hiya folks

I'm over in London today for a HTC launch event where I'll be previewing some of the new stuff HTC has to offer as well as getting some time with key HTC people.

So, if you have any questions or queries for HTC, please do let me know. I'll be back when I can to update the thread and answer any specific queries but mostly I'll be on the Boards.ie twitter account - http://www.twitter.com/boards_ie reporting from there.

If your question about HTC can be answered, I'll make sure it is.

Cheers

Darragh
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Thanks Darragh, can you ask them will they have better stocks available to Irish networks soon? Seems that forever out of stock. Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭long_b

Can you ask them if they're ever going to put a decent camera optics and speakers in their handsets please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

What plans do they have to bring out phones with Windows Mobile 7?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Hey Darragh this is one event I would love to have went to!

Not that it matters to me but I still think it's a bit ridiculous that the market is still very limited to Irish customers and when do they plan on opening it up to said market?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hey Darragh,

Could you ask if they are planning to bring out any Android based tablets once the 'Gingerbread' version of Android is released?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

angel01 wrote: »
    What plans do they have to bring out phones with Windows Mobile 7?

Burn Him, Burn Him now!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

will the Desire HD have a better loudspeaker and will it have sufficient specs for gingerbread or do they forsee another incarnation with a more powerful processor in the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Have they any plans to use better quality plastic on their camera covers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

This problem arises when entering SMS text. When moving from the numeric keypad to the alphabetic the cursor alters position, usually jumping to the beginning of the message. Perhaps you could ask if there is a resolution to this glitch in prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

can boardsies get any pre launch phones to like ehhh review and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,107 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

will the Desire HD ... have sufficient specs for gingerbread or do they forsee another incarnation with a more powerful processor in the new year
    this is the big one for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,107 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

garancafan wrote: »
    This problem arises when entering SMS text. When moving from the numeric keypad to the alphabetic the cursor alters position, usually jumping to the beginning of the message. Perhaps you could ask if there is a resolution to this glitch in prospect.

never had this issue on my HTC Hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Do they intend to bring the next iteration of Android to the HTC Desire, will they commit to that, or are they going to drop it like a hot potato in favour of the HTC Desire HD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thanks for all the questions folks, keep them coming.

The event is happening at Old Billingsgate Market

162248050-c59c52675863428e9be2f5a6ae001d7e.4c909218-full.jpg

Which is right beside Tower Bridge (and looking well today)

162249370.jpg

I'm due to sit down with someone in the afternoon and will get your questions answered (if possible) then!

1) With Qualcomm shipping their 1.2Ghz chips from early next year, do HTC have any sort of time frame as to when they will be releasing phones with the new chips.

2) given the shortage of Amoled screens which has since seen the Desire move to an SLCD screen, is this going to impact on all new HTC products until the new samsung manufacturing plants come on stream next year.

3) If the ninendto 3Ds is a success would HTC try and implement the same sort of technology to give us a glassless 3D phone.

4)Given how well they are performing by developing multi platform phones and the lack luster performance seen by Nokia which is mostly down to their continued use of Symbian. Can HTC see a point where nokia will follow them into making multi platform phones especially if meego isn't a success.

5) Given the cross platform nature of HTC what does the HTC rep see his NEXT personal phone as being. Will he get andorid or Win 7 mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Darragh wrote: »
    T
    I'm due to sit down with someone in the afternoon and will get your questions answered (if possible) then!

Did HTC invite boards.ie to attend? or is this an event open to all that boards decided pro-actively to cover?

I just want to know if boards.ie was in HTC's conciousness in this regard, like say some of the tech blogs are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

4)Given how well they are performing by developing multi platform phones and the lack luster performance seen by Nokia which is mostly down to their continued use of Symbian. Can HTC see a point where nokia will follow them into making multi platform phones especially if meego isn't a success.
    Eh?

Can you ask them if Fiat will be selling Alfa Romeo's in the US within the next year, due to the fact that they have refused to sell out to VW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

Hi Darragh, can you find out if we can watch the conference live on the net, maybe on HTC youtube channel?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Inquitus wrote: »
    Did HTC invite boards.ie to attend? or is this an event open to all that boards decided pro-actively to cover?

I just want to know if boards.ie was in HTC's conciousness in this regard, like say some of the tech blogs are.
    AFAIK anyone was able to attend the event. It was on the HTC Facebook page.

I can't speak for Boards nor Darragh but I do know he is an Android owner and obviously has interest in this area (he had to travel to London for it) and wanted to attended so is going in both a professional and personal capacity. I could be way off the mark but that's my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Not that it matters to me but I still think it's a bit ridiculous that the market is still very limited to Irish customers and when do they plan on opening it up to said market?
    That's down to Google, not HTC... (and the Google employees I know in their Dublin HQ claim not to know the answer either).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Just one question, when will these new phones be available through Irish carriers;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hey Darragh,

Could you ask if they are planning to bring out any Android based tablets once the 'Gingerbread' version of Android is released?

THIS! Want tablet news please. Really want Android/Sense Tablet tbh :)

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Eh?

I don't see what you don't get. If Nokia where to move to supporting multi platform OS's and just concentrating on the hardware aspect they could easily put a lot of pressure on a company like HTC and their future prospects for growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

How long will the desire be supported for? Will it be overlooked in favour of the desire HD and future new models?

New HTC Sense eh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I don't see what you don't get. If Nokia where to move to supporting multi platform OS's and just concentrating on the hardware aspect they could easily put a lot of pressure on a company like HTC and their future prospects for growth.

Why would you ask HTC what Nokia plans to do in the future. Even if they did know, or did have an opinion, do you really think they'd discuss it with you?

If you were to read the general technology blogs, you would understand theat Nokia have come to the conclusion that they are ****ed. They have fired many of their senior staff, hired gurus from Palm and are so affraid of HTC that they are standing outside HTC's event holding red Nokia balloons in a pathetic attempt to get some notice...

Forget about Nokia for at least the next two years.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/15/nokia-crashes-htcs-london-event-with-red-balloons-hate/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

nokia-htc-survival-guide.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hey Darragh this is one event I would love to have went to!

Thats nothing to do with HTC.

Darragh, can you ask them have they any plans to produce a GSM compliant version of the HTC Evo?

If not, why not?

And if yes, when are we likely to see it?

And do they have any plans to release a brand new device to mate with GingerBread or just update their current range?

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Why would you ask HTC what Nokia plans to do in the future. Even if they did know, or did have an opinion, do you really think they'd discuss it with you?

If you were to read the general technology blogs, you would understand theat Nokia have come to the conclusion that they are ****ed. They have fired many of their senior staff, hired gurus from Palm and are so affraid of HTC that they are standing outside HTC's event holding red Nokia balloons in a pathetic attempt to get some notice...

Forget about Nokia for at least the next two years.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/15/nokia-crashes-htcs-london-event-with-red-balloons-hate/

500x_nokiaballoons.jpg

I bet at least one of them have a HTC phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,130 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd ask them to confirm or deny they are infact scheduled to release a HTC Tablet designed co-operatively with google for a November launch.

This is pretty big rumour news in America at the moment being run by alot of the big papers over there, I'd imagine the question will be asked but if its not, there is your chance.

Every Google top brass I've seen interviewed hasn't denied it, you might get one of those replies that pretty much says yes.

Advertisement