Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Military Photo Thread (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the Makarov is commonly seen as the Russian sidearm although it depends a lot on if its internal or army forces or even from unit to unit, the glock 17 has been seen a little bit more with elite units like alpha unclear if these are unit purchases ( has been recent articles about Russian authority going abroad to purchase as internal manufacturers are not producing what they need ) or they could be acquisitions from the last conflict with Georgia, they captured a lot of modern western equipment during the conflict

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Puding wrote: »
    they captured a lot of modern western equipment during the conflict

Found modern western equipment during the game !!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

76d5c85d.jpg

Thats the best idea in all of those pics. Guard the fire.

82838188.jpg
    Lads what's that bolted to the G-3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

DIY night vision mount? You have two bolts at the top which could be holding on a ris rail, would be the right place for mounting one in front of the scope

could be wrong , but can not think of much else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

this probobly isnt the right section but can any body tell me what the current side arm (pistol) is of russia and is it a glock 17 ?? or a contraption of their own :P

As far as I know the MP-446, a 9mm pistol with a 17 round capacity is starting to filter it's way into the main stream forces.

I didn't even know about the pistol until I played SC: Conviction.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Puding wrote: »
    DIY night vision mount? You have two bolts at the top which could be holding on a ris rail, would be the right place for mounting one in front of the scope

could be wrong , but can not think of much else
    I **think** its a heat deflector, it's on a lot of the British L96s, to stop heat waves from messing up the view from the optic.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RNO

mafo wrote: »
    The rifle on the picture is the French PGM Ultima Ratio Commando

Yes, but I dont think this soldier is French, slovenian may be?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Dave did one of the italian soldiers have a styer in the back of the ch47 pic

Bad dreams !!!
    9517_DSC_8263.jpg

• Advertisement

andy_g wrote: »
    Dave did one of the italian soldiers have a styer in the back of the ch47 pic
    Looks like one to me
    9526_DSC_8033.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Lovely stuff new loadout on the way for me so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Just on the topic of the International Sniper Competition since there was pics up, the Irish DF's team came 7th overall out of 32 teams and won the Best Foreign Team category.

The sniper pair came from the 28th Bn.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Poccington wrote: »
    Just on the topic of the International Sniper Competition since there was pics up, the Irish DF's team came 7th overall out of 32 teams and won the Best Foreign Team category.

The sniper pair came from the 28th Bn.

Mind if I ask how did you find out? The results from these competitions just seem to float around the net with no definete source, I've always wondered how people foundout?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Mind if I ask how did you find out? The results from these competitions just seem to float around the net with no definete source, I've always wondered how people foundout?:D

Although I've yet to get a crack at the sniper course, it helps to know people that are part of the community. :)

Incidentally, we won Best Foreign Team in 2007 too. The team that year won two events which they had never done before, a .50 Shoot and Heli Sniping.

that fella needs new tyres on his bike !!:D
    800xc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

whydave wrote: »

I wonder if the police will dare pull the bike over :p

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

800xc.jpg

Clearly this is the motorbike equalivant to "riding shotgun" the "ballistic backer" my god do you people know nothing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Here you go, live results service.
    http://results.sius.com/Championships.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

This is not my hilux !!!!
    800xh.jpg

• Advertisement

spot the german love child !
    800xbb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

You might want to link to that photo of the guy with no leg, Dave. It's a bit graphic ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

Looks like someone screwed up the toys for guns programme again... :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

swiftblade wrote: »
    You might want to link to that photo of the guy with no leg, Dave. It's a bit graphic ;)

It's a training event, it's not real blood.

Unless they take their training really, really seriously.

NTM

It's a training event, it's not real blood.

Unless they take their training really, really seriously.

NTM

Haha, fair enough. Just saw the picture. Looked pretty real :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

The US military brings in amputees to play the role of recently seriously wounded in training evolutions. It adds a little bit of realism when the guy screaming away in front of you really doesn't have a leg, combined with fake blood spurting out from a bladder.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The US military brings in amputees to play the role of recently seriously wounded in training evolutions. It adds a little bit of realism when the guy screaming away in front of you really doesn't have a leg, combined with fake blood spurting out from a bladder.

NTM

UK Forces have been using this practice in recent times as well. Whilst it may seem controversial to some, the few seconds that it takes "you" to get over the shock of seeing someone sans-limb and in a bad way and starting applying triage may be the few seconds needed to give that person a chance of surviving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

spot the german love child !

Second generation Russian love child, more likely?

OzCam wrote: »
    Second generation Russian love child, more likely?

It's Iraq though, not Afganistan.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

So it is. Oops.

Advertisement