Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishery board

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Had no idea about question 7 on Corporate Governance but the rest was ok.

I bet they wont even read them given they havent done much to let people know about it. Id say they were just told to make a survey so they just made one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

SeaFields wrote: »
    I just submitted that survey. But as Ironblue said, if it didn't pop up here i would have never known about it.

Seafields i would love to know what was in your submission (and others too)...but i wont...you see the point is they will get a whole load of different submissions with no general consensus what sense if any will be made from that?
    But i suppose it is a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I didnt answer all of the questions. Just the ones I felt i had the knowledge and experience to answer.

From my experience in these things tho (I've done a fair bit of research in my 8 years misspent in university :rolleyes:) if there is a particular problem that lots of stakeholders come up against (granted from different angles) that will become apparent as they decimate the data from the surveys. They may not all have the exact same problem but it will be noticeable that an area needs another look at from a policy formation point of view. You'll never get 100% of surveys giving the same answer but you may get 80% explaining various difficulties in a specific area. Do you get what I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

If several people are making submissions it might be worthwhile to group them together or get together as a group to put in single collaborative submission.

I'd imagine that if there are more people involved it would get more attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

SeaFields wrote: »
    I didnt answer all of the questions. Just the ones I felt i had the knowledge and experience to answer.

From my experience in these things tho (I've done a fair bit of research in my 8 years misspent in university :rolleyes:) if there is a particular problem that lots of stakeholders come up against (granted from different angles) that will become apparent as they decimate the data from the surveys. They may not all have the exact same problem but it will be noticeable that an area needs another look at from a policy formation point of view. You'll never get 100% of surveys giving the same answer but you may get 80% explaining various difficulties in a specific area. Do you get what I mean?

yep........true enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

aidanf wrote: »
    If several people are making submissions it might be worthwhile to group them together or get together as a group to put in single collaborative submission.

I'd imagine that if there are more people involved it would get more attention.
    Seeing as its an anonymous questionairre i think we should group together and create a draft for a second submission. Good idea man.

Advertisement