Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

J C wrote: »
    they all seem to be describing Natural / Sexual Selection or Speciation within Kinds .... which Creation Scientists accept .......it's the unfounded claims that Pondscum 'morphed' into Man, that Creation Scientists don't accept!!!
    Which is like saying that you accept fully that you can travel from here to the door, but can't travel to the shops or the next town.
    5uspect wrote: »
    there is no further point in feeding it other than for personal amusement.
    That's the spirit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

8c957de1ce.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

housetypeb wrote: »
    Scanned? Scanned? Surely back in the day,when you used to be an evolutionary scientist,like you've claimed, you did more than scan it,you studied it.

He never said he was an evolutionary scientist - he said he was a scientist and an "evolutionist". He's been very vague about what kind of scientist he was (current odds favour "computer scientist"), but it's obvious he's never studied evolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

Thee Arte Of Treaulling.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

He's been very vague about what kind of scientist he was (current odds favour "computer scientist"), but it's obvious he's never studied evolution.
    This discussion must have happened fairly recently (and been missed by me) in The Other Thread? Last time I do recall it coming up there a few years back, the general consensus was that JC had a minor qualification, possibly a national diploma, in something related to agriculture.

At the same part of the debate, all the non-creationists were quite open about their qualifications. Most were science-related degree-level from irish universities over the last twenty years or so, including a number of masters and PhD's, qualified and in progress. While JC explained that she was too frightened to say what her qualification was, nor where she gained it (if she did), nor where she is working, lest her identity be discovered and she be "persecuted" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

sJc quote-The ‘proof of the pudding is in the eating’ – and I can see no logical reason why Biologists who believe in evolution should know any more than me – when I completed the same NUI degree course as themselves, indeed coming third in my finals, as I recall. quote

Post 71 ,pg 5. nov 2005, The bible,Creationism and prophecy comedy thread.
    Back then he/she/it would give long detailed cut and paste answers to posters,now he just repeats the same few posts over and over.

Unnecessary troll comment deleted.

robindch wrote: »
    This discussion must have happened fairly recently (and been missed by me) in The Other Thread? Last time I do recall it coming up there a few years back, the general consensus was that JC had a minor qualification, possibly a national diploma, in something related to agriculture.

At the same part of the debate, all the non-creationists were quite open about their qualifications. Most were science-related degree-level from irish universities over the last twenty years or so, including a number of masters and PhD's, qualified and in progress. While JC explained that she was too frightened to say what her qualification was, nor where she gained it (if she did), nor where she is working, lest her identity be discovered and she be "persecuted" :rolleyes:

A month or two ago in the Other Thread. Wicknight made some comment about programming and suddenly J C sounded like he knew what he was talking about (more or less).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

A month or two ago in the Other Thread. Wicknight made some comment about programming and suddenly J C sounded like he knew what he was talking about (more or less).
    I always know what I'm talking about !!!:)

NecroSteve wrote: »
    Thee Arte Of Treaulling.
    ... just like most of the other Evolutionists on this thread, it sounds like you are quite experienced in 'Thee Arte' ... !!!:D

GO_Bear wrote: »
    8c957de1ce.png
    ... CFSI ... I like it!!!

... now listen to Lt. Horatio Caine ... and stop living in the illusion that is evolution and join the real world of Creation Science!!!

• Advertisement

Which is like saying that you accept fully that you can travel from here to the door, but can't travel to the shops or the next town.
    ... no ... it's like saying that I can walk to the door and to the shops ... but I can't walk to the Moon!!!:)

That's the spirit :)
    Do I detect a spiritual awakening??

The Holy Spirit is telling me that God has great plans for you, Robin.

... plans to prosper you ... and plans to Save you.

I always know what I'm talking about !!!:)

Subjectively?

Again, Pond scum did not morph into man, it started out with simple encapsulated self replicating DNA and over billions of years became more diverse and complex which ended up as modern man. Therein shows your lack of knowledge in the abiogenesis and evolution.
    Something that is impossible doesn't become possible by adding time. Something that is dead doesn't come back to life no matter how much time you give it.
    Materialistic processes can't do it ... but God can!!!
    However, how is Pondscum morphing into man any less crazy than lets say , God creating man from dirt and women from one of mans ribs ?
    The difference between the two is capacity and intelligence.

Saved from what ?
    Hell.

... or even hypothetically ... or rhetorically!!!:D

...... Something that is dead doesn't come back to life no matter how much time you give it.

WE have been telling you bible believers that for a long time-glad to see you accept it at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Discussing this with JC is like trying get FF to admit that their economic policy did contribute to the hole we are in!

WE have been telling you bible believers that for a long time-glad to see you accept it at last.
    ... only God can make something that is dead come to life!!!!

... He did it at Creation ... He did it at the Resurrection ... and He will do it again when He returns in Glory!!!!

... glad to see that you accept that something that is dead ... will remain dead, unless God intervenes!!!

... only God can make something that is dead come to life!!!!

... He did it at Creation ... He did it at the Resurrection ... and He will do it again when He returns in Glory!!!!

... glad to see that you accept that something that is dead ... will remain dead, unless God intervenes!!!

Any proof for that apart from a 2000 year book of old jewish fairy tales that was put together by votes at a council?

Any proof for that apart from a 2000 year book of old jewish fairy tales that was put together by votes at a council?
    CFSI and ID.

... and do you have any basis for your unfounded belief in materialistic evolution ... apart from the circumspect writings of a Victorian Divinity Student?

• Advertisement

CFSI and ID.

Anything that actually exists?

Incidentally, some day you'll see why that post of yours I linked is so hilarious. It's also further evidence that you will respond to anything, even if you don't have the first clue what you're talking about.

CFSI and ID.
    So the proof that god can raise people from the dead is........CFSI and Id,
    Nice one ,Jc, misdirection is your forte.

So the proof that god can raise people from the dead is........CFSI and Id,
    Nice one ,Jc, misdirection is your forte.
    The proof that an Intelligence of Divine proportions Directly Created life is found in CFSI and ID.
    ... and if He did it once, He can obviously do it again!!!!:)

Anything that actually exists?
    ... everything that exists!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

When's he coming? I may want to get my good shirt out of the cleaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Something that is impossible doesn't become possible by adding time.

With enough time you would be surprised what is possible.
    Something that is dead doesn't come back to life no matter how much time you give it.

Then what about your Jesus ? If he existed after all he was just a mortal.

I never said something that is dead came back to life I said that over billions of years the first and most simple organism began to form Could have been just a ball of Phospholipids.

Materialistic processes can't do it ... but God can!!!

Sigh
    The difference between the two is capacity and intelligence.

So far there has been no evidence for intelligence. ( That has not been horribly debunked)

Even the beautiful geometric snow flake was not formed by any intelligence, just natural processes.

By your logic we could look at the symmetries of the snow flake, say its some kind of code, and that god must have created it

Hell.

Sounds no different to you heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

J_C wrote:
    ... and do you have any basis for your unfounded belief in materialistic evolution ... apart from the circumspect writings of a Victorian Divinity Student?

Ehhh... how about the entire science of evolutionary biology over the last century and a half?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

political-pictures-bashar-jaafari-shut-up.jpg

Dan133269 wrote: »
    When's he coming? I may want to get my good shirt out of the cleaners.
    He can come for any of us at any time.

• Advertisement

With enough time you would be surprised what is possible.
    ... but the impossible will remain impossible.

Then what about your Jesus ? If he existed after all he was just a mortal.
    ... He was a mortal Man ... and an immortal God.

I never said something that is dead came back to life I said that over billions of years the first and most simple organism began to form Could have been just a ball of Phospholipids.
    ... and a ball of Phospholipids it would remain without the addition of CFSI via an ultimate input of intelligence.

Sigh
    ... I once was an evolutionist too ... and I used to also sigh a lot too !!!!

So far there has been no evidence for intelligence. ( That has not been horribly debunked)

Even the beautiful geometric snow flake was not formed by any intelligence, just natural processes.

By your logic we could look at the symmetries of the snow flake, say its some kind of code, and that god must have created it
    ... snowflakes do not exhibit CFSI ... although the have complex information within their structures ... it is neither functional nor specified ... and thus doesn't require any input of intelligence to form it.

Sounds no different to you heaven
    It's somewhat hotter ... and an all round much more unpleasant place to be !!!;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement