Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

J C wrote: »
    ... except Adam & Eve weren't babies ... they were adult perfectly created highly intelligent Human Beings.
    Except with ut the ability to judge good and evil and had no experience or concept of the punishment God threatened the with.
    ... so why do you whinge about the punishment of Adam and Eve's horrific sin ... while presumably maintaining that everybody must bear responsibility for their actions in relation to everything from a parking fine to murder????
    ... do I detect a degree of hypocracy in your beliefs in relation to God????
    Oh dear seems the troll is stuck in a loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

King Mob wrote: »
    Except with ut the ability to judge good and evil and had no experience or concept of the punishment God threatened the with.
    ... they had the free will to believe God ... or believe Satan.

They chose to not only to believe Satan ... they became initiates into his occult system (tree) of evil knowledge ... mixed with good knowledge ... to 'sugar coat the poison pill'.

Oh dear seems the troll is stuck in a loop.
    ... so please come out of the loop ... and answer my question ...
    ... why do you whinge about the punishment of Adam and Eve's horrific sin ... while presumably maintaining that everybody must bear responsibility for their actions in relation to everything from a parking fine to murder????

... they had the free will to believe God ... or believe Satan.

They chose to not only believe Satan ... they became initiates into his occult system of evil knowledge ... mixed with good knowledge ... to 'sugar coat the poison pill'.
    And none of that is in the bible.
    ... so please come out of the loop ... and answer my question ...
    ... why do you whinge about the punishment of Adam and Eve's horrific sin ... while presumably maintaining that everybody must bear responsibility for their actions in relation to everything from a parking fine to murder????
    I'm not going to do that JC because that requires effort. And you are a troll so such effort would be wasted.

And none of that is in the bible.
    ... it's all there in Genesis for anyone who is indwelt by the Holy Spirit to see.

I'm not going to do that JC because that requires effort.
    In other words, you have no answer!!!!

... it's all there in Genesis for anyone who is indwelt by the Holy Spirit to see.
    But it's actually not.
    In other words, you have no answer!!!!
    Oh I do. But that's for an actual discussion with a person who is interested in such.
    But you're just a troll looking for an argument.

But even though your covers been blown you still pretend to be something everyone knows you're not.
    And the fact that you've been at it for five years is worrying.
    So either if you do actually believe this nonsense or you actually are a troll that sad the best thing to do is to not encourage you at all.
    And maybe advise you to seek help.

• Advertisement

But it's actually not.
    ... oh yes it is.
    Satan possessed the Snake ... and Adam & Eve defied God's warning and became initiated into Satan's gnostic structure or 'tree of the knowledge of good and evil'.

Oh I do. But that's for an actual discussion with a person who is interested in such.
    But you're just a troll looking for an argument.

But even though your covers been blown you still pretend to be something everyone knows you're not.
    And the fact that you've been at it for five years is worrying.
    So either if you do actually believe this nonsense or you actually are a troll that sad the best thing to do is to not encourage you at all.
    And maybe advise you to seek help.
    As an un-Saved person ... you're the one in need of help ... and Salvation.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Genesis 3:
    "1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any other wild creature that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God say, 'You shall not eat of any tree of the garden'?" 2 And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden; 3 but God said, 'You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.'" 4 But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not die. 5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." 6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave some to her husband, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves aprons. 8 And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, and said to him, "Where are you?" 10 And he said, "I heard the sound of thee in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself." 11 He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?" 12 The man said, "The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate." 13 Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this that you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent beguiled me, and I ate." 14 The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed are you above all cattle, and above all wild animals; upon your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life."

Don't see anything about the snake/serpent being possessed by satan but then JC knows better than the bible.

Because of what the serpent did God cursed the snake to walk on its belly, but then I have only taken this from the bible and obviously JC has superior knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Fluffybums wrote: »
    Genesis 3:
    "1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any other wild creature that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God say, 'You shall not eat of any tree of the garden'?" 2 And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden; 3 but God said, 'You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.'" 4 But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not die. 5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." 6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave some to her husband, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves aprons. 8 And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, and said to him, "Where are you?" 10 And he said, "I heard the sound of thee in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself." 11 He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?" 12 The man said, "The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate." 13 Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this that you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent beguiled me, and I ate." 14 The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed are you above all cattle, and above all wild animals; upon your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life."

Don't see anything about the snake/serpent being possessed by satan but then JC knows better than the bible.

Because of what the serpent did God cursed the snake to walk on its belly, but then I have only taken this from the bible and obviously JC has superior knowledge.

Not only that, the lord god was upset that they had put on fig leaves as he liked them to be naked, and dumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Animavore

While we're on the subject, did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ecocrexis

Ok this has even annoyed me, a lurker, Can we please stop feeding the troll and ignore every single one of his statements?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Mods, please close this thread. It's obvious trolling at this stage.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Folks, could we lay off the non-stop "trolling" comments, please?

Dades and I -- and at this stage, most of Western Europe, Africa, Northern and Southern America, the Antipodes, India and the Far East, the moons of Jupiter and I suspect every group of sentient atoms in the universe larger than a pinhead -- are perfectly well aware of what JC is doing.

The only reason that this thread is left open is so that passersby can see creationism in action, something for which I would like to thank JC.

Nonstop "trolling" comments aren't just boring, they also get in the way of this.

Thanks.

Genesis 3:
    "1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any other wild creature that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God say, 'You shall not eat of any tree of the garden'?" 2 And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden; 3 but God said, 'You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.'" 4 But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not die. 5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." 6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave some to her husband, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves aprons. 8 And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, and said to him, "Where are you?" 10 And he said, "I heard the sound of thee in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself." 11 He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?" 12 The man said, "The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate." 13 Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this that you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent beguiled me, and I ate." 14 The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed are you above all cattle, and above all wild animals; upon your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life.

Yeah, it would be very rude to tell him to piss off because we dont like his views .
    Anyway, according to the above passage this is what i have come to believe
    Snakes were once very smart and able to talk,they walked upright and were logical and very persuasive.
    The snake told Eve the truth, while god lied to her when he told her she would die if she even touched the tree ,never mind eat from it.
    Once she and her husband ate from the tree they became smart enough to see that they were naked,and to knit.
    The god fellow liked to take a walk around the garden when it was cool,he was probably naked as well and not a sun worshipper -maybe he doesn't tan so well.
    It's possible to play hide and seek with god as Adam and Eve were able to hide from him.
    Adam had no backbone(being made from clay and all)and folded at once when questioned by god, pushing everything onto his wife, and god,-"you know that woman you gave me-well she did it"
    Eve explained it was the snake who told her what to do, god got pissed and told the talking snake that he would have to crawl and eat dust all his life.
    Yes,its all clear to me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Housetype very good summary:D

Genesis 3 makes use of considerable metaphors. This is done deliberately to protect people from becoming too engrossed in Satan's gnostic web.
    The fact that the Serpent was Satan is confirmed in Revelation 12:9 and 20:2.
    Revelation 12:9
    And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 20:2
    And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

robindch wrote: »
    Folks, could we lay off the non-stop "trolling" comments, please?

Dades and I -- and at this stage, most of Western Europe, Africa, Northern and Southern America, the Antipodes, India and the Far East, the moons of Jupiter and I suspect every group of sentient atoms in the universe larger than a pinhead -- are perfectly well aware of what JC is doing.

The only reason that this thread is left open is so that passersby can see creationism in action, something for which I would like to thank JC.
    ... it also shows evolutionism in 'action' ... or lack thereof.

... Robin is quite correct ... you will need to do a lot more than 'handwaving' about 'trolling' if ye are to convince anybody, including yourselves that 'big picture' evolution has any validity.

Genesis 3 makes use of considerable metaphors. This is done deliberately to protect people from becoming too engrossed in Satan's gnostic web.
    And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,which is called the devil, And Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent,which is the devil, AND Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

No way Jose, Revelation is talking about a great dragon,whom he affectionately calls "that old serpent", look again ,twice it says it's a dragon which is the devil:). Gotta learn to parse the sentence correctly and that will even show you that the dragon is not Satan,who is just hanging around with the dragon.
    He laid hold of the dragon AND Satan

jeeez,do we read the same fantasy novels at all?

It's not the truth talking snake from genesis(who was by then crawling around on his belly eating dust,for his good deed.) that showed that god was telling lies when he said his pet humans -Adam and Eve-would die from eating some fruit from his special private tree.
    He was so pissed about that he told them to get the fcuk out of his garden,.......... no wonder he is so against trespassing.

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C (as changed by housetypeb)
    And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,which is called the devil, And Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent,which is the devil, AND Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

housetypeb
    No way Jose, Revelation is talking about a great dragon,whom he affectionately calls "that old serpent", look again ,twice it says it's a dragon which is the devil:). Gotta learn to parse the sentence correctly and that will even show you that the dragon is not Satan,who is just hanging around with the dragon.
    He laid hold of the dragon AND Satan

jeeez,do we read the same fantasy novels at all?

It's not the truth talking snake from genesis(who was by then crawling around on his belly eating dust,for his good deed.) that showed that god was telling lies when he said his pet humans -Adam and Eve-would die from eating some fruit from his special private tree.
    He was so pissed about that he told them to get the fcuk out of his garden,.......... no wonder he is so against trespassing.
    You clearly have a problem with both grammar and metaphorical language ... to say nothing about your use of the 'un-parliamentary' variety as well!!!

... let's parse Revelation 12:9
    And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent,which is called the devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Firstly, could I point out that you 'slipped in' a capital 'A' in the "and Satan ..." part of the scripture verse in my original quote ... which is quite disingenuous ... or worse!!!
    You really shouldn't fake other peoples quotes ... if you can't make them fit your preconceived ideas!!!!:(

In any event, the verse is clearly referring to the same 'entity' which it describes as 'the great dragon', the 'old serpent', the 'devil' and 'Satan' (with a lower case 'a' on the 'and').
    The fact that these are four aspects of the one spiritual 'entity' is confirmed by the use of the words 'he' and 'his' (rather than 'they' and 'their' in the subsequent part of the verse which describes what happened to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

It's a bit like arguing over the specific temperatures the porridge was at when Goldilocks ate it in the children's story. If people spent lifetimes debating such things you would very quickly call them mad for wasting their lives on such drivel.

And yet others do it and we call it theology. A funny society.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

It's a bit like arguing over the specific temperatures the porridge was at when Goldilocks ate it in the children's story. If people spent lifetimes debating such things you would very quickly call them mad for wasting their lives on such drivel.

Excellent. Excellent sir.

• Advertisement

The billions of years story that Evolutionists have created about the supposed materialistic production and development of life, without any evidence for its existence, is indeed like a 'Goldilocks' story ... and a long and ever changing one at that ...
    ... and the occasional arguments that break out every so often over some arcane (and equally evidentially challenged) issue within the Evolutionist 'world' do sound distinctly like arguments over whether Goldilocks actually preferred porridge to Rice Crispies!!!

... the Evolutionist 'world' is a funny old world allright!!!!

The billions of years story that Evolutionists have created about the supposed materialistic production and development of life, without any evidence for its existence, is indeed like a 'Goldilocks' story ... and a long and ever changing one at that ...
    ... and the occasional arguments that break out every so often over some arcane (and equally evidentially challenged) issue within the Evolutionist 'world' do sound distinctly like arguments over whether Goldilocks actually preferred porridge to Rice Crispies!!!

... the Evolutionist 'world' is a funny old world allright!!!!

JC, there are literally terabytes of evidence available to you from DNA sequencing which prove beyond a doubt that evolution occurred. If you cannot reconcile reality with the imbecilic equivalent of "Goldilocks and The Three Bears" to which you are enslaved, then I can only express my pity for you.

We can for example debate the particular methods Adolf Hitler used in the final solution, but we do not doubt that the Holocaust occurred. Evolution is similar, people who deny it only consign themselves to the lowest dregs of the intellectually bankrupt and the terminally credulous.

JC, there are literally terabytes of evidence available to you from DNA sequencing which prove beyond a doubt that evolution occurred. If you cannot reconcile reality with the imbecilic equivalent of "Goldilocks and The Three Bears" to which you are enslaved, then I can only express my pity for you.

We can for example debate the particular methods Adolf Hitler used in the final solution, but we do not doubt that the Holocaust occurred. Evolution is similar, people who deny it only consign themselves to the lowest dregs of the intellectually bankrupt and the terminally credulous.
    There are terabytes of CFSI in DNA allright ... but the real question is how this information was created in the first place.

CFSI has never been observed to be spontaneously generated by anything other than an ultimate input of intelligence.
    ... you might well say that people who deny this reality, consign themselves to the lowest dregs of the intellectually bankrupt and the terminally credulous ... but I would never be so un-charitable!!!:)

... and the use of 'Ockhams Broom' to brush the inconvenient truths of the existence of CFSI and the Intelligent Design of life under the evolutionist carpet ... doesn't make this repeatably observable evidence go away!!

There are terabytes of CFSI in DNA allright ... but the real question is how this information was created in the first place.

J C,

Evolution happened. It's visible, right there in the data. I don't care how you care to rationalize it with your fairytales.

It's sad and pathetic to see someone so lost and yet determined to remain so.

J C,

Evolution happened. It's visible, right there in the data. I don't care how you care to rationalize it with your fairytales.

CFSI says you're wrong if you're arguing that Materialistic Evolution happens!!!

... but if you're arguing that evolution of pre-existing CFSI by selection within Kinds occurs ... then I agree with you ... that it occurs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I remember, a long time ago, asking JC to take one journal paper on evolution, any paper, and discuss it and point out what exactly was wrong in it.
    I even helpfully pointed him several journals:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54104481&postcount=7248

Of course this request was ignored until finally he dismissed it thus:

5uspect
    I'm still waiting for the great "Destroyer of Evolution" here to review even one scientific paper on the matter and show us where it went wrong...

As I have said already, I have scanned some of these papers ...... and they all seem to be describing Natural / Sexual Selection or Speciation within Kinds......
    ......which Creation Scientists accept.......
    ........it's the unfounded claims that Pondscum 'morphed' into Man, that Creation Scientists don't accept!!!

……..anyway, surely it is the Evolutionists on this thread who should be the ones digging up peer reviewed scientific papers, to support THEIR claims about evolution……..IF these papers exist!!!!:eek:

With Loving thoughts

J C

If it chooses to ignore the very definition of evolution and dodge any attempt at discussion what the science actually says there is no further point in feeding it other than for personal amusement.

J C,

As I have said already, I have scanned some of the papers describing 'evolution' ... and they all seem to be describing Natural / Sexual Selection or Speciation within Kinds ...
    ... which Creation Scientists accept ...
    ... it's the unfounded claims that Pondscum 'morphed' into Man, that Creation Scientists don't accept!!!

... and you're the guys trying to rationalise a fairytale ... and making a very poor job of it, if I may say so!!!
    Describes the situation of many of the un-Saved perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

CFSI says you're wrong if you're arguing that Materialistic Evolution happens!!!

A massive pile of nonsensical bullsh!t says he's wrong!?!?!?!? OH NOES :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

As I have said already, I have scanned some of the papers describing 'evolution' ... and they all seem to be describing Natural / Sexual Selection or Speciation within Kinds ...

Could you reference these papers then ? I am sure there are loads.

... which Creation Scientists accept ...

Creation is not science its magic, do they wear lab coats or top hats ?

... it's the unfounded claims that Pondscum 'morphed' into Man, that Creation Scientists don't accept!!!

Again, Pond scum did not morph into man, it started out with simple encapsulated self replicating DNA and over billions of years became more diverse and complex which ended up as modern man. Therein shows your lack of knowledge in the abiogenesis and evolution.

However, how is Pondscum morphing into man any less crazy than lets say , God creating man from dirt and women from one of mans ribs ?
    ... any you're the guys trying to rationalize a fairytale ... and making a very poor job of it, if I may say so!!!

Some times I do stay up late to imagine what it would be like to live according to the book......... the wheel of time that is, I would be Mat , hes awesome.
    Describes the situation of many of the un-Saved perfectly.

Saved from what ?

• Advertisement

Scanned? Scanned? Surely back in the day,when you used to be an evolutionary scientist,like you've claimed, you did more than scan it,you studied it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement