Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

liamw wrote: »
    ... do you think that this sums it all up??!!!:eek::D

... for added 'clarity' ... I prefer this version myself...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

J.C., what's the truth behind the whole evolutionist dinosaur story?

Guys, please stop 'beating yourselves up'!!!

Science isn't delusional ... its just the illogical interpretation of scientific evidence ... that is delusional!!!

... I don't know ... you tell me?!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

J C wrote: »

Science isn't delusional ... its just the illogical interpretation of scientific evidence ... that is delusional!!!
    All of that post is incorrect, factual and grammatically.

So JC how do you justify all the dishonesty you've displayed to yourself?
    I'd love to know how much twisting and acrobatics you have to do.
    You're right with this one do.
    You don't know.

Coming from someone who is the embodiment of a science denier, this
    quotation is pretty rich :D

Good for you!!

... now try reverse engineering a living ... and see how you get on!!!
    I meant to say:-
    Good for you!!

... now try reverse engineering a living cell ... and see how you get on!!!:o

King Mob wrote: »
    All of that post is incorrect, factual and grammatically.

So JC how do you justify all the dishonesty you've displayed to yourself?
    I'd love to know how much twisting and acrobatics you have to do.
    ... you're the guys doing the mental gymnastics!!!
    ... just think about it ... when faced with a living cell ... with a quantity and quality of complex functional specified information that would take thousands of man-days and a super-computer to just partially decipher ... you say that it must have been produced by the selection of accumulated mistakes!!!
    ... and I say it must have been produced by the appliance of a great intelligence!!!

wrote:
    Originally Posted by liamw

Originally Posted by J C

King Mob
    You're right with this one do.
    You don't know.
    ... and you don't appear to know either!!:)

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C

sponsoredwalk
    Coming from someone who is the embodiment of a science denier, this
    quotation is pretty rich :D
    Like I have said ... you're the ones in denial of science.

... when faced with a living cell ... with a quantity and quality of complex functional specified information that would take thousands of man-days and a super-computer to just partially decipher ... you say that it was spontaneously produced by the selection of accumulated mistakes!!!
    ... and I say it was produced by the appliance of great intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

You can start educating yourself here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur
    Dinosaurs are a diverse group of animals that were the dominant terrestrial vertebrates for over 160 million years, from the late Triassic period (about 230 million years ago) until the end of the Cretaceous (about 65 million years ago).

Quote:
    Dinosaurs are a diverse group of animals that were the dominant terrestrial vertebrates for over 160 million years, from the late Triassic period (about 230 million years ago) until the end of the Cretaceous (about 65 million years ago).

Dinosuars were certainly a diverse group of animals allright ... encompassing both 'cold-blooded' reptiles and 'warm-blooded' mammals and birds within their ranks.

... the rest is based on the general 'position' of 'Dinosaurs' within the 'Fossil Record' of their drowning and burial by Noah's Flood.

... you're the guys doing the mental gymnastics!!!
    ... just think about it ... when faced with a living cell ... with a quantity and quality of complex functional specified information that would take thousands of man-days and a super-computer to just partially decipher ... you say that it must have been produced by the selection of accumulated mistakes!!!
    ... and I say it must have been produced by the appliance of a great intelligence!!!

Well think is JC, you can't point to anywhere were I've lied or ignored questions.
    This thread is a testament to the vast number of lies and ignored questions you have to use to sustain your delusion.
    ... and you don't appear to know either!!:)
    You see JC I actually do know, because I can grasp junior cert level science.

But glad you can finally admit (directly this time) exactly how ignorant you and creationists like you are.

Maybe we should suggest something a bit more appropriate for the level of science a creationist knows.
    My-Big-Dinosaur-Book-My-Big-Board-Books-Board-book.jpg

Well think is JC, you can't point to anywhere were I've lied or ignored questions.
    This thread is a testament to the vast number of lies and ignored questions you have to use to sustain your delusion.
    ... you certainly haven't given any substantive answer to my postings ... for example you haven't provided any rebuttal to my statement that when faced with a living cell ... with a quantity and quality of complex functional specified information that would take thousands of man-days and a super-computer to just partially decipher ... you say that it must have been produced by the selection of accumulated mistakes!!!
    You see JC I actually do know, because I can grasp junior cert level science.

But glad you can finally admit (directly this time) exactly how ignorant you and creationists like you are.
    I know most of what there is to be known about Dinosaurs ... I just don't know what's the truth behind the whole evolutionist dinosaur story ... and I have asked you to point out what is true about it ... and you haven't done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Dinosuars were certainly a diverse group of animals allright ... encompassing both 'cold-blooded' reptiles and 'warm-blooded' mammals and birds within their ranks.

Back to the warm blooded dinosaurs = mammals line of reasoning again!

A while back I pointed out that birds have warm blood, did you ever clarify whether creation science has reclassified them as mammals or not?

Maybe we should suggest something a bit more appropriate for the level of science a creationist knows.
    My-Big-Dinosaur-Book-My-Big-Board-Books-Board-book.jpg
    I don't think that this is a Creationist book.

... you certainly haven't given any substantive answer to my postings ... for example you haven't provided any rebuttal to my statement that when faced with a living cell ... with a quantity and quality of complex functional specified information that would take thousands of man-days and a super-computer to just partially decipher ... you say that it must have been produced by the selection of accumulated mistakes!!!
    I haven't bothered to answer it because it's a painfully stupid and ignorant statement.

And remember there's quite a long list of crap you've yet to respond to.
    Would you like me to remind you?
    I know most of what there is to be known about Dinosaurs ... I just don't know what's the truth behind the whole evolutionist dinosaur story ... and I have asked you to point out what is true about it ... and you haven't done so.
    Funniest statement yet.

I don't think that this is a Creationist book.
    If it actually was I've no doubt it contains the very bleeding edge of creation research.

wrote:
    Originally Posted by J C

pH
    Back to the warm blooded dinosaurs = mammals line of reasoning again!

A while back I pointed out that birds have warm blood, did you ever clarify whether creation science has reclassified them as mammals or not?
    Please read my quote again!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Please read my quote again!!!:)

I'm not sure why, you seem convinced that endothermic dinosaurs are somehow mammals (I guess because they have warm blood but tbh I'm not great at following your scientific arguments so that may be wrong)

No one has any disagreement that some dinosaurs may have been (probably were?) warm blooded, however you still haven't clarified why creation science has reclassified them as mammals?

I haven't bothered to answer it because it's a painfully stupid and ignorant statement.
    ... I would suggest that you haven't answered because you can't!!!
    And remember there's quite a long list of crap you've yet to respond to.
    ... I wouldn't be that rude about Evolution ... but I have responded to all substantive points made about Evolution by you.

Funniest statement yet.
    ... thanks ... a bit of 'light relief' always helps!!!:)

If it actually was I've no doubt it contains the very bleeding edge of creation research.
    ... why?
    ... are you suggesting that it contains the cutting edge of Evolution research?

... I would suggest that you haven't answered because you can't!!!
    Nope, because it's a painfully stupid statement.
    ... I wouldn't be that rude about Evolution ... but I have responded to all substantive points made about Evolution by you.
    Except that's another lie JC.
    Where's the back up to you stupid "proof"?
    Where's the reply to where I turned your proof against your God?
    Where's the post where you where able to show you knew what a mathematical proof is?
    Where's the posts explaining why you've ignored all these and other questions?
    ... thanks ... a bit of 'light relief' always helps!!!:)
    Too bad you were being serious....
    ... why?
    ... are you suggesting that it contains the cutting edge of Evolution research?
    No. Just something a bit more your level to help you actually learn something.

Merry Xmas JC!!!!:)

JC, "addressing an issue" involves actually answering the points made, not just restating something.

So JC why not just address those points now?
    They can be our Christmas present.

Please provide some support for your figure of 10^130 protein combinations.
    Please describe exactly what a mathematical proof is and why your example is such a proof.
    Please explain why when you use your exact same reasoning against God it somehow doesn't count.
    Please explain why you have to constantly lie and ignore questions.

Merry Xmas JC!!!!:)
    ... and a Happy Christmas to you all ... and a healthy and prosperous New Year.:)

JC, "addressing an issue" involves actually answering the points made, not just restating something.

So JC why not just address those points now?
    They can be our Christmas present.

Please provide some support for your figure of 10^130 protein combinations.
    Please describe exactly what a mathematical proof is and why your example is such a proof.
    Please explain why when you use your exact same reasoning against God it somehow doesn't count.
    Please explain why you have to constantly lie and ignore questions.
    OK...

1. The figure of 10^130 amino Acid possible combinations is based on the fact that there is no chemical limitation on the sequence of particular Amino Acids ... and there are 20 common Amino Acids and therefore the possible permutational space for a 100 chain protein is 20 x 20 .... 100 times which exactly equals 1.27E+130.

2. It isn't strictly a 'Mathematical Proof' ... but is a proof through the use of mathematics ... based on the known laws of chemistry and probability.

3. The exact same reasoning doesn't disprove the existence of God.

4. I don't lie ... and I try to answer all questions put to me ... if you don't like the answers ... that isn't my fault ... and the truth will set you free!!!

5. Happy Christmas!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ooh dinosaurs....

*gauges out eyes*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement