Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Wicknight wrote: »
    just proved God doesn't exist
    Quick -- tell them over The Fence!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

robindch wrote: »
    Quick -- tell them over The Fence!

I am sure they would really want to hear this !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

GO_Bear wrote: »
    I am sure they would really want to hear this !
    Well, I think most probably sincerely believe that their belief system is rational. Since Wicknight has just proved that god doesn't exist, I suppose it's a matter of time before they fold up their tents and go home? Or perhaps it's not rational...?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

GO_Bear wrote: »
    WOW , I did not think you would drop that bomb , really. What a croc 'o' crap .

In fairness he could have gone even further and used the 'mountain dew & doctor pepper' analogy from the next video lol

keppler wrote: »
    In fairness he could have gone even further and used the 'mountain dew & doctor pepper' analogy from the next video lol

Well we are just sitting here, "Fizzing" !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

robindch wrote: »

Sophistry's relation to philosophy is the same as creationism's is to modern evolutionary biology. Plato + Socrates were philosophers. Anselm and the truly worthless -- and hilariously camp-- WC are pontificating, hyperventilating sophists in the purest tradition of highflown windbaggery and pompous, vacuous erudition.
    I am fed up with your fence sitting. Tell us how you really feel.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

QED, just proved God doesn't exist :pac:
    ... here is an atheist who tried to prove that God doesn't exist ... and found that He does exist ... and lost his faith in Atheism ... and Darwinism, as a result!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Thank God that video doesnt load.

Oh noes :eek: :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

J C wrote: »
    ... here is an atheist who tried to prove that God doesn't exist ... and found that He does exist ... and lost his faith in Atheism ... and Darwinism, as a result!!!
    So even if that was true JC, and it isn't, how does that address either Wicknights or my disproof of God?

Cause you do realise that they're the exact same arguments you've been spewing, right?

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Thank God that video doesnt load.
    It loads now.

... and isn't it quite ironic that you thank God that a video which proves His existence doesn't load??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

... and isn't it quite ironic that you thank God that a video which proves His existence doesn't load??

How big is God's penis? Just wondering what the 'perfect' size is...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭housetypeb

liamw wrote: »
    How big is God's penis? Just wondering what the 'perfect' size is...

Could god make a penis so big that even he couldn't pull it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

sarcasm-detector.jpg

Also it is NOT ironic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

About as ironic as ten thousand spoons...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Galvasean wrote: »
    nT1TVSTkAXg

So is this thread now random like our own /b/

liamw wrote: »
    So is this thread now random like our own /b/

Uh.. it was an evolution of a reference to what Dades said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I will watch it after work , I just watched like 10 minutes in now and already see a common ID fallacy.

The argument about putting a living cell in a test tube bursting it open and not being able to create life with all the components present is a flawed and quite frankly an argument from ignorance.

What makes you think that modern micro organisms which have undergone millions of years of evolution are anyway NEAR what the first life forms where like. You you seem to believe that life forms only get more diverse, but there is also evolution of complexity. Microbes have evolved to be the most adaptable species on the planet, this increase in complex function however comes at the price of an increase in biochemical complexity.

Do you really think this isn't known ????!??! Look at the first synthetic cell that was created by the Venter institute, they did so by transforming a synthetic chromosome grown in yeast cells into host cells. Not by creating a tiny conveyor belt with tinee little robots assembling them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

So you admit that God as defined as the most perfect being cannot exist, since his existence would relegate him from the position of absolute perfection?

Great, you accept natural selection, mutation and now realize that God doesn't exist. You are making some fine progress here JC

• Advertisement

So you admit that God as defined as the most perfect being cannot exist, since his existence would relegate him from the position of absolute perfection?
    ... God is absolutely perfect ... omnipotenent ... and omniscient to boot!!!!:)

... don't you think it is about time that you got to know Him???

... because He knows you ... and He loves you!!!

Dades wrote: »
    About as ironic as ten thousand spoons...
    ... or even 20,000 Evolutionists ... perhaps???!!!:D

... or even 20,000 Evolutionists!!!:D

:mad: REFERENCE FAIL!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Mjollnir

... don't you think it is about time that you got to know Him???

... because He knows you!!!

I recently reverse engineered a door.

I now understand how they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Welp... since JC has again failed to back up his "proof" and failed to explain how his "proof" does not equally apply to his god and is not ignoring the points as usual, I'm going to move on and try something new.

How you solve the special case of the problem of evil your brand of nonsense leads you into JC?

I'd bet on either ignoring it or being too ignorant to understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

This thread is still going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I know, that is how you define him and that is why he doesn't exist, as you have admitted.

So if we rule God out as a possible designer you are left with material options. And one is as good as another, aren't they? So come on JC, you are so close to admitting evolution

... because He knows you!!!

PedoPriest_web-large.jpg

• Advertisement

Mjollnir wrote: »
    I recently reverse engineered a door.

I now understand how they work.
    Good for you!!

... now try reverse engineering a living ... and see how you get on!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement