Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

liamw wrote: »
    LOL at the tennis ball analogy at 6:34

Wait till he starts talking about sperm

Or Holes .... no really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

keppler wrote: »
    a 'scientist yourself',

:pac:
    Do you remember what natural selection is JC? I guess you dont saying as you couldnt even factor it into your joke proof......:pac:
    J C wrote: »
    spontaneous generation of Complex Specific Functional Information ... for NS to select?

It seems he knows enough about NS when he thinks mentioning it will
    benefit his arguments but then happily forgets to factor it in to his
    magical "proof" :p

It's funny, in keeping with this idea that JC is just aping Meyers work,
    reading the signature in the cell wiki page:
    Fletcher explained "Natural selection is in fact a chemical process as well
    as a biological process, and it was operating for about half a billion years
    before the earliest cellular life forms appear in the fossil record."
    Now, how does JC answer this? Half a billion years before this CFSI
    originated (well, what the **** is CFSI?, I mean it's an undefined term
    that means everything and nothing) NS was on it's merry way to
    select plenty of things. Did the bacteria have CFSI? I mean, the
    abiogenesis video gives a plausible model for the origin of natural
    selection due to thermodynamic & chemical factors so if NS was
    off selecting all of the things that survived throughout history and
    gradually increasing in complexity over LONG periods of time,
    when does this magical CFSI come into the picture? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

:pac:

I mean, the
    abiogenesis video gives a plausible model for the origin of natural
    selection due to thermodynamic & chemical factors so if NS was
    off selecting all of the things that survived throughout history and
    gradually increasing in complexity over LONG periods of time,
    when does this magical CFSI come into the picture? :confused:

Seriously sponsoredwalk, we really should Show J C some respect, he is a scientist afterall...... if he says that the genome of every species on the planet spontaneously burst into existence about six to ten thousand years ago, because a group of people who barely knew how to farm said so then I think we should give him some credit......scientifically speaking of course!

Seriously sponsoredwalk, we really should Show J C some respect, he is a scientist afterall...... if he says that the genome of every species on the planet spontaneously burst into existence about six to ten thousand years ago, because a group of people who barely knew how to farm said so then I think we should give him some credit......scientifically speaking of course!

You're right, I mean we are talking about the modern day equivalent of the
    scientific & theoretical framework that calculated the exact time of the origin
    of earth as Sunday 23 October 4004 BC. I'd be a brainwashed & indoctrinated
    commie-evolutionist if I didn't recognise its objective power.

You're right, I mean we are talking about the modern day equivalent of the
    scientific & theoretical framework that calculated the exact time of the origin
    of earth as Sunday 23 October 4004 BC. I'd be a brainwashed & indoctrinated
    commie-evolutionist if I didn't recognise its objective power.

Ussher deduced that the first day of creation began at nightfall preceding Sunday, October 23, 4004 BC

lol.... how could creation begin at nightfall when there was no day/night to begin with?........ no doubt J C probably has a logical, scientifically proven theory to explain this..........I can see it already 'God is omnipotent'...i dont need to answer your questions damn it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Any chance you would provide some evidence for Evolution ... and specifically the spontaneous generation of Complex Specific Functional Information ... for NS to select?

You go first and when we are finished then I promise I will answer your questions.

Now in case you forgot

So when you said that the "mathematically proven intelligent design of life shows that Materialism is an unfounded belief" where you lying or merely mistaken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Waking-Dreams

My Gods, is this spectacle still going on?

I admire your patience to engage such a deluded mind. I dare say therapists don't even spend this much time and attention to detail on such cases (and they're getting paid).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

I admire your patience to engage such a deluded mind. I dare say therapists don't even spend this much time and attention to detail on such cases (and they're getting paid).

At least it contains the idiocy and retarded ignorance to a single thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Improbable wrote: »
    At least it contains the idiocy and retarded ignorance to a single thread.
    For a while... Remember, that was one of the justifications for that thread on the other side... Sooner or later they get free. They always get free.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Any chance you would provide some evidence for Evolution ... and specifically the spontaneous generation of Complex Specific Functional Information ... for NS to select?

... once you are emotionally involved ... you are learning from John May's lectures ... whether you like them ... or not!!!:)
    ... ... but great faith (that would put most Theists to shame) is required by Atheists to believe in the supposed powers of muck to produce Men using nothing but time and selected mistakes!!!
    ... its the level of blind faith that is required to believe that a Tornado will produce a Boeing 747 in a junkyard ... given enough time!!!
    ... the Materialists are behaving as Materialist 'fundamentalists' by grimly hanging onto the unfounded belief that intelligence didn't Create life despite all logic, science and maths indicating that it did!!!

... and laughably, they then scoff at ID Scientists who logically, scientifically and mathematically can objectively prove that life was intelligently created!!!

They even admit that life on Earth could have been intelligently designed ... by Aliens !!!
    ... and they then immediately qualify this with the non sequitur that the Aliens would themselves have had to evolve by purely matrerialistic processes.

A good job the Wright brothers, Boeing, Lockheed et.al. weren't too bothered that physicists took a long time to work out how airplanes stayed aloft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

... The eye/brain/immunesystem/ flagellar and so on did not spontaneously pop into existence ...
    I fully agree that the eye/brain/immune system/ flagellar motor and so on did not spontaneously pop into existence ... they were Directly Created!!!
    ... they are are the cumulative result of millions of years evolution by natural selection.
    ... natural selection of what?
    ... because random systems like mutagenesis are simply incapable of producing anything for NS to select!!!:)

Thanks for the observation, W-Dreams ... it also takes enormous patience on my part to have to listen to such dogged denial of the obvious ... that life was Created!!!

MrPudding wrote: »
    For a while... Remember, that was one of the justifications for that thread on the other side... Sooner or later they get free. They always get free.
    MrP
    Christians are always free!!!:)

Originally Posted by J C
    The maths shows that the combinatorial space is so vast that even if every cubic millimetre of the supposed 93 billion light year diameter Universe volume had a 'machine' running the permutations for a 100 chain protein once every second, they collectively would only produce 1.56E+107 permutations in the 13.9 billion years supposedly since the Big Bang ... which is an infinitesimaly smalll fraction of the 1.27E+130 permutations of amino acids in a 100 chain protein.

Genesis, King James Bible (my favourite version, love the language used, incidentally I think Richard Dawkins is also a fan of this version)
    14 ¶ And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
    15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
    16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
    17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
    18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
    19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Speed of light = 299 792 458 m / s

1 light year = 9.4605284 × 1015 meters

Time for light to cross a 93 billion light year diameter universe????

My understanding is that the calculation based on the bible shows the universe to be of the order of 6000 years.

Bit of a conflict here if you are a creationist but accept the value of one of the universal constants.

Fluffybums wrote: »
    Originally Posted by J C
    The maths shows that the combinatorial space is so vast that even if every cubic millimetre of the supposed 93 billion light year diameter Universe volume had a 'machine' running the permutations for a 100 chain protein once every second, they collectively would only produce 1.56E+107 permutations in the 13.9 billion years supposedly since the Big Bang ... which is an infinitesimaly smalll fraction of the 1.27E+130 permutations of amino acids in a 100 chain protein.

Genesis, King James Bible (my favourite version, love the language used, incidentally I think Richard Dawkins is also a fan of this version)
    14 ¶ And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
    15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
    16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
    17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
    18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
    19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Speed of light = 299 792 458 m / s

1 light year = 9.4605284 × 1015 meters

Time for light to cross a 93 billion light year diameter universe????

My understanding is that the calculation based on the bible shows the universe to be of the order of 6000 years.

Bit of a conflict here if you are a creationist but accept the value of one of the universal constants.
    ... I was using the Evolutionist/Big Banger figures ... so that you would have no excuse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

... I was using the Evolutionist/Big Banger figures ... so that you would have no excuse!!!

No excuse except for the fact that the above nonsense isn't a proof, and you don't actually know what a mathematical proof is.

And thus he completely misses the point:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Fluffybums wrote: »
    And thus he completely misses the point:D

He does that.

I fully agree that the eye/brain/immune system/ flagellar motor and so on did not spontaneously pop into existence ... they were Directly Created!!!

'Directly Created' sounds spontaneous to me! You must provide proof for this theory J C......and I dont mean your kiddies proof that you created on your Fischer Price laptop.

... because random systems like mutagenesis are simply incapable of producing anything for NS to select!!!:)

You have slipped up here again J C!!....remember You have already admitted that 'micro-evolution':rolleyes: works.. according to your previous posts everybody knows that it exists!

I think this is another one for the lie bucket J C..... could someone check the lie bucket to see if it's full yet?

King Mob wrote: »
    No excuse except for the fact that the above nonsense isn't a proof, and you don't actually know what a mathematical proof is.
    ... no excuse ... full stop.

Romans 1:19-21 (New International Version)
    19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

• Advertisement

You have slipped up here again J C!!....remember You have already admitted that 'micro-evolution':rolleyes: works.. according to your previous posts everybody knows that it exists!

I think this is another one for the lie bucket J C..... could someone check the lie bucket to see if it's full yet?
    ... no need to check it ... the Evolutionist 'lie bucket' is always brimming over!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

... no excuse ... full stop.

Romans 1:19-21 (New International Version)
    19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
    Dude we have an excuse. you're talking bull****. That's not a mathematical proof.
    Do you realise it's not?

... no need to check it ... the Evolutionist 'lie bucket' is always brimming over!!!

So again your just going to clearly ignore the fact that you lied again J C.....you must have alot of time for penance

By evolution and all of the inner workings of it, yes, we know that.
    It's nice to see you on board with us. Surely you're not arguing that
    a magic finger came down and touched the swamp you despise so much
    thereby turning the muck into man? :rolleyes:
    ... because random systems like mutagenesis are simply incapable of producing anything for NS to select!!!smile.gif

Any proof of this wild assertion? The only "proof" you gave ignored
    natural selection so in fasct you've proven yourself to have no idea
    of how important natural selection really is.

I see you're ignoring the substantive questions though, an honest sign
    of someone struggling :pac:

I am interested in how you would define the difference?

Let me ask you this, a Women in the year 1BC or whatever, comes home to her husband and claims to be knocked up by god and pregnant while still a virgin. She could be telling the truth, or more likely, she went down to coppers a few weeks before.

What I am trying to say is that proposing a untestable, invisible force, that cannot in anyway affect us, as the creator of the universe. Is just the same as there being nothing at all, and that you are mistaken about your beliefs.

It comes down to two choices;
    • The comfortable one
    • The harsh reality

Please keep your scripture out of my thread it insults me.

Some other Nuggets from the Book of Romans
    And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Objectifying women and condemning lesbians, lesbo's are some of my favorite things !
    For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

If you break the law, your foreskin will grow back
    Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

So christans are above the law of society? is that how you see it JC, do you think you are better than me ?

and I could go on for a while, but until you show me a criminals foreskin growing back, i refuse to listen to scripture.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

this one would have been more apt in this thread!

now..... where were we?

GO_Bear wrote: »
    So christans are above the law of society? is that how you see it JC, do you think you are better than me ?
    I was the same as you ... a sinner who needed Salvation ... now I am a Saved sinner!!!
    Christians aren't above the secular law ... (render onto Caesar the things of Caesar and all that) ...
    ... but they are no longer subject to the Law of God ... which would condemn them, like all other sinners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭housetypeb

I was the same as you ... a sinner who needed Salvation ... now I am a Saved sinner!!!
    Christians aren't above the secular law ... (render onto Caesar the things of Caesar and all that) ...
    ... but they are no longer subject to the Law of God ... which would condemn them, like all other sinners.

Jaysus,JC, Are you saying that christians are not subject to the law of god once they are saved?
    What does that even mean.........do you just SPROUT nonsense........for the SAKE of it.......... ....What is the law of god again........I SEEM to have forgotten it.:)
    Don't you have some questions to answer from the other posters........can't keep posting the same tired old crap all the time, can you?

Love that mathimagical proof of yours that proves evolution is wrong in this thread -and proves that jesus exists in another thread.
    Is there anything you can't do with those made up numbers?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement