Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

J C wrote: »
    ... and your mathematical 'strawmen' mean precisely nothing ... and have no relevance to the mathematical validity of ID!!!

The very fact that you think what I wrote is mathematics just shows how
    high a level of mathematics it takes to get through to you.

Sorry, lets get things better:

[latex] 10^{(baby \ seal)} \ = \ disproof \ of \ evolution[/latex]

More up the ID alley ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

... I stand corrected, :rolleyes:
    Good !!!:)

... and your mathematical 'strawmen' mean precisely nothing ... and have no relevance to the mathematical validity of ID!!!

Oh, and it's amazing how you can see that one particular 'mathematical proof'
    can have no relevance to the claims of ID but the claims of your joke-proof
    that have absolutely no relevance to the theory of evolution somehow do
    have relevance to evolution even though your proof never even bothered to
    explain the perceived link.
    All you did was quote plenty of incorrect &/or out-of-date figures, hide
    your steps in calculating the final figure and then claim "PROOF! PROOF!!!".
    This is an instant disqualification to honest people, and the fact you
    still try to cover this up by repeating you've proven X just shows how
    dishonest you are.

I've got an idea, why don't we give you a video and ask you to point out the
    explicit lies in it so that you can teach us the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

... a threadbare excuse for untrammelled Atheistic indoctination in schools if ever I saw one !!!

The US Constitution provides a right to freedom of religion i.e. no religion will be established and supported by the state.

J C please read the underlined sentence again.
    What has teaching evolution as part of a science curriculum got to do with freedom of religion?????
    How does teaching evolution indoctrinate children into anything?....its nobody's fault that fundamentalist christians/muslims see evolution as a stepping stone towards atheism but fudamentalist's themselves...:mad:

Most other major religions just except it as a fact and thats it! they certainly dont see it as a threat.... they see atheists as a threat J C

J C atheists do not use or need evolution to uphold their idea's (it just happens to conflict with nearly every belief fundamentalist' have....:D)

PLEASE STOP going on a rant with your posts J C....... it does'nt suit you...:rolleyes:

J C keeping religion out of schools is just one way of guaranteeing freedom of religion................no matter what you say J C teaching the origin of species according to the book of genesis is religion whether you like it or not.......there is no possible way that you can claim darwinian evolution as atheism:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Of course Materialism is a belief system ... that there is no God ... and material processes is all there is.
    So that's materialism we can throw in with all the other stuff you don't understand.
    Man, these piles of **** you don't understand, things you've admitted and lies you've told have been getting very high.
    ... but the mathematically proven intelligent design of life shows that Materialism is an unfounded belief !!!
    Oh look there's another lie.
    Intelligent design hasn't been mathematically proven. You don't understand what the words "mathematically proven" actually mean because you can't grasp junior cert maths.

You do realise that you are lying when you say this right?
    ... and that is why, despite admitting, during unguarded moments, that ID is true ... they vigorously suppress the fact that it exists!!!!
    You mean taken out of context like the dishonest way you quote Dawkins in your sig?
    You do realise this is something us non delusional people regard as dishonesty right?
    You are familiar with the word, even if you don't grasp the concept right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Of course Materialism is a belief system ... that there is no God ... and material processes is all there is.

... but the mathematically proven intelligent design of life shows that Materialism is an unfounded belief !!!

Because the designer had to be God, right? It couldn't be a material being?

Ladies and gentlemen, an "ID proponent" (we are not saying who the designer is, just that he must exist!) unmasked as a theocratic Creationist (IT MUST BE GOD!!!! REPENT SINNERS!!!!)

Creationism is a religion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Wicknight wrote: »
    And it couldn't be a process either since understanding large-scale, long-term, widely-distributed processes is hard and it makes baby Jesus cry lots and lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Show me the maths then.

Or are you going to avoid this question also JC , to avoid .... entrapment **cough being proven wrong**

Lets flip things on there head tho ... lets say I am a person who worships materials, every morning I go to the shop to pray for 45 minutes to my stuff, and I pray five times a day always facing the Original Wall Mart.

How has a unfounded spiritual belief in a creator helped our species ?
    How has a naturalistic approach helped ?

How you can sit there on your computer (which is one of the Holy Grails of achievements in modern science) and say a materialistic and modern scientific approach to life is useless is a ****ing sin to my "Religion".

Any holes your try poke in the Theory of Evolution by natural selection, however illogical will only serve to strengthen it. Science does not work by utterly discarding one theory in favor of another ( very very very rarely ) The fact Darwins theory has lasted so long is testament to how its a good working model, the only changes that will happen now is to refine it to bring us closer to the truth.

Its like what Isaac Asimov said about the relativity of Wrongness.

The person who says the Earth is flat is a hell of a lot more wrong then the person who says its spherical ( its currently believed to be oblong elliptical I think !)

A person who says the earth is 6000 years old because it says so in a book, is a hell of alot wronger then the person who believes it is much much older than that due to the weight of Geological,Paleontological,Genetic,Morpholical and much much more evidence.

And finally, if you ever come up with a logically sounding argument with sufficient evidence to back it up......... evidence against a point does not automatically prove the contrary, without evidence for said contrary theory

Well thats my morning rant, I have not had my coffee yet so forgive the haphazardness of it.

Also Sponsoredwalk, you have a way with words ... wanna write my thesis for me xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

JC answer these questions

What are the odds that a very simply self replicating molecules (not anything as complex as a protein) could have formed on an early Earth?

What are the odds that said self replicating system could have evolved to use RNA in 10 millions years.

If you can answer these two questions we might be able to take about the unlikihood of naturally occurring life. As it is your mathematical "proof" that proteins cannot randomly form, it is irrelevant since no one things proteins randomly formed.

• Advertisement

Materialism is the belief that physics, chemistry and biology are all that's needed to understand physics, chemistry and biology.

It's an extremely simple concept to grasp, but it's one that seems permanently beyond the ability of creationists.

Well to be honest , materials are tangible, no belief or faith are required ...

Anyways, had my coffee now! I suppose if you think that everybody has to have faith in something. I believe in the coffee God, who blesses me with increased productivity after lunch time. I don't question its methods.... I just praise him for it

GO_Bear wrote: »
    materials are tangible, no belief or faith are required ...
    How would clerics, prelates and religious agitators earn their keep if all they had to do was claim the existence of what clearly exists? :)

Proving the existence of the invisible can generate massive prophets!

robindch wrote: »
    Proving the existence of the invisible can generate massive prophets!

Oh my I just had a fantastic Idea for making money and controlling millions of people !
    Quickly fetch a fishing rod,rubber, 13 cans of sweetcorn and a spoon and meet me on the roof of the Gaeity !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Oh my I just had a fantastic Idea for making money and controlling millions of people !
    Quickly fetch a fishing rod,rubber, 13 cans of sweetcorn and a spoon and meet me on the roof of the Gaeity !

13? Forget that. That sounds unlucky. Seven and we're golden!

Well to be honest , materials are tangible, no belief or faith are required ...
    ... ... but great faith (that would put most Theists to shame) is required by Atheists to believe in the supposed powers of muck to produce Men using nothing but time and selected mistakes!!!
    ... its the level of blind faith that is required to believe that a Tornado will produce a Boeing 747 in a junkyard ... given enough time!!!
    ... the Materialists are behaving as Materialist 'fundamentalists' by grimly hanging onto the unfounded belief that intelligence didn't Create life despite all logic, science and maths indicating that it did!!!

... and laughably, they then scoff at ID Scientists who logically, scientifically and mathematically can objectively prove that life was intelligently created!!!

They even admit that life on Earth could have been intelligently designed ... by Aliens !!!
    ... and they then immediately qualify this with the non sequitur that the Aliens would themselves have had to evolve by purely matrerialistic processes.

J C, it's only faith if you ignore the posts I gave describing abiogenesis in
    detail and the origin of CSFI (or whatever).
    ... its the level of blind faith that is required to believe that a Tornado will produce a Boeing 747 in a junkyard ... given enough time!!!

Where's that NonStampCollector video with the guy interviewing the scientist
    about Evolution when you need it :p

ID Scientists who logically, scientifically and mathematically can prove that life was intelligently created!!!

This is the second time in this thread you've said this, I think so anyway.
    Definitely twice at least. I'm interested, where is this mathematical
    proof of life being intelligently created, surely it's not your joke proof again?
    That thing is so vague it could prove

[latex] 10^{(baby \ seal)} \ = \ \pi[/latex]

instead of

[latex] 3 \ = \ \pi[/latex]

as the bible says :D

(nb, π = 3.14159...).

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

J C, it's only faith if you ignore the posts I gave describing abiogenesis in
    detail and the origin of CSFI (or whatever).

Where's that NonStampCollector video with the guy interviewing the scientist
    about Evolution when you need it :p

ah crap..... are we back at the start again......and I thought he'd come on leaps and bounds...:rolleyes:

keppler wrote: »
    ah crap..... are we back at the start again......and I thought he'd come on leaps and bounds...:rolleyes:

Haha, yeah but how can you believe even a conversation could evolve when
    evolution itself is just a fairytale to begin with? :p

• Advertisement

Wicknight wrote: »
    It possibly could be a material intelligent being ... although Human Beings haven't succeeded in producing anything remotely resembling life.
    ... in any event, theorising that a 'material being' created life on Earth immediately raises the question of who/what created the putative 'material being' ... and the ultimate cause of all life can therefore only be a transcendent intelligence of divine proportions ... whether you choose to call this entity God ... or not, is your own business ... and the answer to this ultimate question is on the borders of philosophy and science.

... the Materialists are behaving as Materialist 'fundamentalists' by grimly hanging onto the unfounded belief that intelligence didn't Create life despite all logic, science and maths indicating that it did!!!

You have to be some one on an alt account taking the piss

I have not seen it but tonight (Friday) at 9pm on BBC2 is a show with David Attenborough looking into Abiogenesis.

... and they then immediately qualify this with the non sequitur that the Aliens would themselves have had to evolve by purely materialistic processes.

How did God come about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭housetypeb

How did God come about?

They get around this question by saying god is eternal. :D

Look at it two ways. In the words of Carl Sagan, If you have to invent an eternal designer of the universe, why not say the universe is eternal.

For God to be eternal he is also Omnipotent correct ?

Out of Curiosity, J C are you also a Geo-centrist?

Not only "eternal", but the "original uncaused cause".

And what's more, this christian deity is the original uncaused cause by definition.

If this isn't thoroughly convincing, then I'm the pope!

robindch wrote: »
    Not only "eternal", but the "original uncaused cause".

Does that not make John J May , or whatever his name is a hypocrite ?
    With all he speal about cause and effect ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

... and laughably, they then scoff at ID Scientists who logically, scientifically and mathematically can objectively prove that life was intelligently created!!!
    They scoff because they, like you, are lying.

You don't have mathematical proof.
    We've shown you to be far to dense and ill educated to even grasp the concept of mathematical proof.

Have you ever wondered why you have to lie like this all the time?

• Advertisement

I have come to the conclusion that this is in fact , all a big joke.

Good one J C, you had us all going there for a while

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement