Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

King Mob wrote: »
    So how exactly does ignoring all of my points and questions and challenges count as a "match"?

Sounds more like a delusional crank than a nemesis.

And notice how you still dodge his question after being called on it.
    That's what we call dishonesty JC.
    Maybe we should start you on Junior Infants before we get you to read a more adult book.
    It's what they call avoiding entrapment by leading/scoffing questions !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

J C wrote: »

So in other words you admit that you avoid serious questions because they
    will potentially "entrap" you by making you confront the content. It's nice to
    see you're still leaving enough trails to openly show how dishonest you are
    behaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Where is this book available to buy does anyone know,ie bookstores, not online,just curious to see its side.

So in other words you admit that you avoid serious questions because they
    will potentially "entrap" you by making you confront the content. It's nice to
    see you're still leaving enough trails to openly show how dishonest you are
    behaving.
    I welcome serious/genuine questions ... it's the scoffing/non-serious ones that I avoid!!!

... because they are a waste of time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

... never mind the distraction that was Dover ...
    As the infamous Wedge Document made, cases like Dover were part of the overall creationist strategy. Up until the entire movement was humiliated by its brief contact with reality anyway.
    ... Dover enforced the law that demands that only Materialistic Evolution can be taught in public school ... because that is what the law states.
    No, the law says that religion isn't allowed in schools and since Dover proved that ID was religion, it's therefore not allowed.
    are you saying that Genetic Information that is Complex, Functional and Specific doesn't exist? [/B]
    In the nonsensical, rubbish, silly, inept, useless and wrong way in which Dumbski defined it, no, it certainly does not.

If it did make sense, then Dumbski's financial backers might not have abandoned him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Yes, they're leading you into telling the truth and pointing out flaws in your idiotic posts.

But great that you finally admit you're ignoring questions.

So you've admitted that evolution happens.
    You've admitted the evolution is the best explanation that excludes magic.
    You've admitted you're incompetent at maths and science.
    You've admitted you've lied.
    And now you've admitted you're ignoring questions you can't answer.

So how exactly are you a "match" for anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭keppler

I welcome serious/genuine questions ... it's the scoffing/non-serious ones that I avoid!!!

... because they are a waste of time.

Ha dont make me laugh J C

So I guess that 'introns' and 'redshift' were not serious to you ...:confused:

its clear that this whole issue is not serious to you! im not even sure if you believe what you are saying anymore J C.......how could someone who has to jump through as many hoops as you do, believe in what they're pedalling....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Where is this book available to buy does anyone know,ie bookstores, not online,just curious to see its side.

I would check the Fantasy/Sci Fi section of any bookstore

GO_Bear wrote: »

sci fi ......really?
    imagine seeing that travesty in the same section as Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/34442969/Rick+Astley+CoolFace.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Nicely done,but I would still like to read it. So again anyone know who stocks this book.

Nicely done,but I would still like to read it. So again anyone know who stocks this book.

My apologies for making light of your question, I checked Easons online catalogue and could not find it. I walk by a Hughs an Hughs on my way home from work so if it is open I will pop in and have a look for you.
    keppler wrote: »
    sci fi ......really?
    imagine seeing that travesty in the same section as Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy..:eek:

Lol true , but to be honest it is probably perfect in there beside L. Ron Hubbards work to be honest !

haha , this video comes to mind !

Non Stamp Collector Youtube Vid , SFW :)

My apologies for making light of your question, I checked Easons online catalogue and could not find it. I walk by a Hughs an Hughs on my way home from work so if it is open I will pop in and have a look for you.

Lol true , but to be honest it is probably perfect in there beside L. Ron Hubbards work to be honest !

Seriously man i think it should be beside a Ted Bundy profile book in the 'True Crime' section......:D

oh when you're in Hugh's and hugh's make sure you check the magazine section for it too..... it could be behind a couple of HELLO's

Seriously man i think it should be beside a Ted Bundy profile book in the 'True Crime' section......:D

oh when you're in Hugh's and hugh's make sure you check the magazine section for it too..... it could be behind a couple of HELLO's

I wonder how long we can milk this one :P !

...and there was me expecting it it to be in the section reserved for
    paradigm-changing, fantasy-breaking, intellectually-exhonerating,
    master pieces! Siding with JC's defense of this so-ahead-of-it's-time
    masterpiece is leading me into the realm of unpopular rebels fighting
    the system that is indoctrinating the brainwashed masses. Oh to be
    led towards truth at a time like this is exhilarating!
    I'm equally sure
    that my position is justified because anything that is popular and
    never questioned except by a few bright lights must be a big conspiracy
    eaten up by the stupid masses. I'm glad there are people like May
    & C to lead the way for the future by making a case built on
    impenetrable logic intertextually interwoven with literate nomenclature
    to dazzle & frazzle the senses. That in-and-of-itself is enough to
    convince me this man is onto something, so yes I expect to find it in
    the future library shelf called paradigm shifters, or something of that
    grand status.

:P

I wonder how long we can milk this one :P !

i dont know but id say J C could probably work it out....:)

i actually wandered into easons today to see if they might have had it on their shelves (they didnt) but i nearly went into histerics when i saw this book (in the self healing bulsh*t section) I actually had to look at it twice to make sure i wasnt seeing things check out the link....
    http://www.eason.ie/look/9780749924812/Women-Who-Think-Too-Much/Susan-Nolen-Hoeksema

reminds me of that harry enfield sketch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

That book is telling the truth

robindch wrote: »
    No, the law says that religion isn't allowed in schools and since Dover proved that ID was religion, it's therefore not allowed.
    ... a threadbare excuse for untrammelled Atheistic indoctination in schools if ever I saw one !!!

The US Constitution provides a right to freedom of religion i.e. no religion will be established and supported by the state.

It does not provide a right to freedom from religion ... but nontheless the Materialists and their 'fellow travellers' have established a state supported faith in Materialism and they are now emboldened enough to produce laws openly suppressing all other faiths using a self-serving definition of 'science'.

... now why didn't the Russian Atheistic Communists think of that? ... they could have gotten their atheism established without starving anybody to death in the Gulags, if they simply 'sold' their atheism using a self-serving definition of 'science' ... and used job discrimination instead of brute force to enforce their ideology!!!

• Advertisement

... a threadbare excuse for untrammelled Atheistic indoctination if ever I saw one !!!

The US Constitution provides a right to freedom of religion i.e. no religion will be established and supported by the state.

It does not provide a right to freedom from religion ... but nontheless the Materialists and their 'fellow travellers' have established a state supported faith in Materialism and they are now emboldened enough to produce laws openly suppressing all other faiths using a self-serving definition of 'science'.

... now why didn't the Russian Atheistic Communists think of that? ... they could have gotten their atheism established without starving anybody to death in the Gulags, if they simply 'sold' their atheism using a self-serving definition of 'science' ... and used job discrimination instead of brute force to enforce their ideology!!!
    So we can add paranoia to your list of delusions then?

... a threadbare excuse for untrammelled Atheistic indoctination if ever I saw one !!!

Oh jesus, nothing like a religious argument to get the gulag's flowing eh?

... that is where you should find the Evolution Fairytales !!!:eek:

Non-fiction serious science books are now often sold directly on-line!!!:D

wrote:
    King Mob
    So we can add paranoia to your list of delusions then?

Originally Posted by robindch
    it's the truth ... and Robin has confirmed it!!!

... where is the paranoia in the simple truth ... that the Materialists (and their 'fellow travellers') have established legally-enforced Materialistic Indoctrination in American Public schools ... and legally enforced suppression of all other faiths in the same schools???

Like I say, it would make an Atheistic Communist weep ... for all the effort and misery they needlessly inflicted ... on themselves and their victims!!!

it's the truth ... and Robin has confirmed it!!!

... where is the paranoia in the simple truth ... that the Materialists (and their 'fellow travellers') have established legally-enforced Materialistic Indoctrination in American Public schools ... and legally enforced suppression of all other faiths in the same schools???
    JC I know you can't understand posts that use logic and all, but there is no materialist conspiracy. materialism is not a faith or a religion, no matter how much you shout it like a moron.
    It's all in your head.

What you are incapable of seeing is that there is a difference between something being suppressed and something being rejected due to stupidity and dishonesty.

King Mob wrote: »
    JC I know you can't understand posts that use logic and all, but there is no materialist conspiracy. materialism is not a faith or a religion, no matter how much you shout it like a moron.
    It's all in your head.

What you are incapable of seeing is that there is a difference between something being suppressed and something being rejected due to stupidity and dishonesty.
    Of course Materialism is a belief system ... that there is no God ... and material processes is all there is.

... but the mathematically proven intelligent design of life shows that Materialism is an unfounded belief !!!

... and that is why, despite admitting, during unguarded moments, that ID is true ... they vigorously suppress the fact that it exists!!!!

... where is the paranoia in the simple truth ... that the Materialists (and their 'fellow travellers')

Putting aside the rant dredging up communism can I ask why you continually
    write with 'these' as if you're quoting somebody? We understand the
    phrases you've been throwing in, every one of them. I've noticed this a lot,
    nearly every time you throw in 'these things' it's as if you're quoting
    somebody and it's always derrogatory, why is that? It's as if you're
    immitating Kent Hovind or somebody because they always accentuate the
    strange phrase when inserted derrogatorily &, honestly, I always see this
    in an argument where the orator hasn't a clue what they're talking about
    and are focusing more on the way they convey their message, i.e. subtle
    negative insinuations "to unconsciously stir up feelings in their listener",
    rather than relying on the strength of their argument. I honestly said I
    wouldn't mention it but seeing as you're so devoid of honesty after all
    this time & seeing as you have to drag up communism and some other
    craziness I think I might as well point out some of the techniques you're
    using and ask you why the **** you do it, why?
    I haven't read one serious comment on evolution from you since your
    mathematical proof, and I mean that's hardly serious but you seem to
    think it is. What is it about evolution you can prove is incorrect J C?

... and the obvious and mathematically proven intelligent design of life proves that Materialism is an unfounded belief !!!

Ah, here it is! Just when I thought this was purposely not being mentioned, I
    stand corrected, :rolleyes:

Your mathematical proof is akin to claiming that because you can have half
    an orange it proves the natural number system doesn't exist, or because you
    can never have a negative orange it means the negative intergers don't
    exist. Both claims are unbelievably myopic and it is this myopic-ness that
    is the reason both claims are just so stupid.

edit: sorry, 'mathematical proof' :rolleyes:;)

• Advertisement

Your mathematical proof is akin to claiming that because you can have half
    an orange it proves the natural number system doesn't exist, or because you
    can never have a negative orange it means the negative intergers don't
    exist. Both claims are unbelievably myopic and it is this myopic-ness that
    is the reason both claims are just so stupid.
    ... and your mathematical 'strawmen' mean precisely nothing ... and have no relevance to the mathematical validity of ID!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement