Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

dead one wrote: »
    koth, you have problem with understanding, i ain't sayingthat you believe voodo or blah blah----
    You said

and then i said, why do believe in camera (leave the magic) ---

There has come a new game "limbo"-- play it i hope i the puzzles of this game would build your mind and understanding....:)

It's very simple.

I think that a camera took those photos because I've seen hundreds of similar photos, I can go out right now with my phone and create similar photos. It's just like a peer review. Mr. A says he can do something by using a defined method, I try to replicate his result by using his method, I can therefore I accept his method is a way of achieving said result.

It could be that something else made that picture but since a person holding a camera is the most likely cause of such an image and I can replicate it, I think that is the reasonable conclusion to come to.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    It must all be true. It was written in a book!

davincicode.jpg&sa=X&ei=w89cTpnkK4eV8QOQ7YTUAw&ved=0CAcQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHUcI3d9xwf7DgwYtXhMY2OA5FnTg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

9659837.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

9659904.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Do you know how huge this universe is???

The size of the universe is not validation for a celestial onlooker.
    and what do you mean by "evidence"....

You know, something that proves the truth of an assertion. Something you severely lack.
    Are you saying that God should show himself...

No, I'm saying that it's very unlikely that such a figure exists to actually show themselves.

Here are some point if you leave your arrogance behind

1) No man can see the maker in the life of this world ( http://quran.com/6/103)
    2) On the Day of Judgment, your sight will be acute, very sharp and piercing. (Verse http://quran.com/50/22 )
    3) Only the Believers will see their LORD in the Hereafter ( http://quran.com/75/22-23 ).

The Qur'an is not a scientific text. It is no more credible or valid than the hundreds of other religious texts seen throughout documented history, up to and including all of the new religious cults like Mormonism and Scientology. I really don't care what the book states - it does not make the assertions true, nor does it give merit to it's teachings.
    Now when you say no to God and when you say there is no evidence which support existence of God..... You are making a claim to have absolute knowledge...

No, I am not making an absolute claim. I have stated that all of the definitions of God than have ever been presented have not fulfilled the burden of proof required to make me believe that such a being exists. I have never once stated that it is impossible for such a being to exist, but rather that the probability of such a being existing is very low based on current science.

That is not 'absolute knowledge'. You're cluttering the issue.
    because you are speaking on behalf of yourself.... I ain't speaking on behalf of myself but a book which claim to be from the Lord of all universe.... you have any doubt here is exact verse

So, you're reading a book that's over a millennium old - and proclaim it to be the truth, based on what exactly? What is it that you a privy to, that the rest of us just haven't seen?
    again when you say there is no evidence for God, you are talking on base of your bias..... You claim to have absolute knowledge --- As you have seen and searched every part of this universe...

No, I don't claim to have absolute knowledge. I have already clarified this. But it's irrelevant. I don't have absolute knowledge on whether fairies exist or not, but I'm pretty sure that they don't.

You come across as someone who simply hasn't debated these issues before, because they have all been addressed in detail.
    You believe in non intelligent evolution which is greater myth than of zeus, If i were you i would prefer to believe in zeus than believing in non intelligent materialistic god... I make no difference between you and those who believe in zeus....

You're deflecting from the question. I will ask it again.

Do you believe that Zeus, the God of Sky and Thunder exists? I want you to reply with a yes, or a no. If yes - explain why - if no, explain why. It's a simple question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

9660093.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

9660163.jpg

9660172.jpg

I like where this thread is headed :D

9660238.jpg

9660279.jpg

9660313.jpg

9660253.jpg

9660291.jpg

• Advertisement

I like where this thread is headed :D

It was your excellent idea.:D

Malty_T wrote: »
    It was your excellent idea.:D

Well I am amazing in every way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

Look at all you materialist evolutionists trying to derail the discussion becuase you can't answer how CFSI can spontaneously produce pondkind to mankind without an intelligent creator

liamw wrote: »
    Look at all you materialist evolutionists trying to derail the discussion becuase you can't answer how CFSI can spontaneously produce pondkind to mankind without an intelligent creator

Poor, very poor. Where is the colour man? C'mon show us a little of that sparkle.

Who created this said intelligent creator? Or does he get a free pass?

When you say from pondkind to mankind - You'll have to clarify if you're referring to abiogensis (the origins of life), or the evolution of species from primitive species to advanced species such as homo sapien.

I'll be more than happy to entertain a debate with you.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Who created this said intelligent creator? Or does he get a free pass?

When you say from pondkind to mankind - You'll have to clarify if you're referring to abiogensis (the origins of life), or the evolution of species from primitive species to advanced species such as homo sapien.

The creator is a timeless changeless, mutable entity that exists beyond the realm of this present universe.

Pondslime to mankind.

The creator is a timeless changeless, mutable entity that exists beyond the realm of this present universe.

How convenient for him. ;)

How convenient for him. ;)

Convenience has no bearing on whether or not something is true.;)

Convenience has no bearing on whether or not something is true.;)

Indeed it doesn't.

Indeed it doesn't.

Yet again the evolutionist must admit defeat.:D

• Advertisement

9661962.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's CSFI ya loon.:pac:

That's why you can't explain it :P

Barrington wrote: »
    That's why you can't explain it :P

Actually I did explain it.:pac:

I'd be happy to continue the troll but I just can't bring myself to even pretend to be a creationist.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ I knew this thread would finally come good :)

I'd be happy to continue the troll but I just can't bring myself to even pretend to be a creationist.

You're scared of the truth! You're so hooked to your demonic atheistic ways that you fear losing them. All you need to do is believe in O Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. Open your heart up a little. :D

Won't you at least play devil's advocate for a bit?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

The creator is a timeless changeless, mutable entity
    Changeless and timeless, but still mutable? Weird...!
    All you need to do is believe in O Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.
    Malty, Malty!

"Believe in"? You're only "saved" if you "believe on" -- check the last line here!

• Advertisement

Won't you at least play devil's advocate for a bit?

That would require being rational, the debate would be over very quickly!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement