Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

Barrington wrote: »
    I think he may have been behind the camera taking the picture.
    Do you see the camera in the picture:confused:

• Moderators Posts: 51,745 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

dead one wrote: »

and further down the rabbit hole we go.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

This thread is still going then... Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

:D:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

koth wrote: »
    Explain how that is evidence that god created the universe?
    Just above the tree, and sitting on one of the clouds, is an omniscient, omnipotent, invisible deity.

QED.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

robindch wrote: »
    Just above the tree, and sitting on one of the clouds, is an omniscient, omnipotent, invisible deity, who loves everyone, except the quares.

QED.

TBH

^^^ and the wimmins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That's a whole lot of his own creation he hates. God has some serious issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Sarky wrote: »
    That's a whole lot of his own creation he hates. God has some serious issues.
    God loves everybody ... but only some people love Him.:)

wrote:
    Originally Posted by dead one
    where is author in the picture? i mean human, who took snap shot or created picture or whatever

Barrington
    I think he may have been behind the camera taking the picture.
    ... so you also believe in an intelligent author without seeing him!!!

... and then you criticise Theists for doing the same thing!!!:eek::)
    ... a perfect description of Materialistic Evolution !!!!:D

• Advertisement

Creation science reminds me of that racial science thing the Nazis used to have, what with all the ignoring the evidence that doesn't fit your narrow-minded worldview and paranoid delusions.

Creationists are clearly one step away from throwing non-believers into gas chambers. This is how it all starts, people.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

"One intelligently designed universe, one chosen people, one creator"

... where's your evidence that god created the universe?
    CFSI.

J C wrote: »
    CFSI.

This is bollocks. It has been shown several times in this thread to be bollocks. Stop lying. It can't be good for your soul!

Is there any evidence God didn't create the universe?
    CFSI.

:pac:

Creation science reminds me of that racial science thing the Nazis used to have, what with all the ignoring the evidence that doesn't fit your narrow-minded worldview and paranoid delusions.
    ... the 'racial science thing' was Social Darwinism ... and it was just as invalid as every other kinds of Darwinism!!!:eek:

Creationists are clearly one step away from throwing non-believers into gas chambers. This is how it all starts, people.
    Could be closer than you think -- creationists seem happy to resort to violence:

Creationist murders evolutionist after a row:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/scottish-backpacker-stabbed-to-death-after-creationism-row-765266.html

Creationists attack a college professor in Kansas:
    http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2005/12/07/mirecki

I'm sure that pointing out that murder and assault constitute "violence" is just another sign of the goose-stepping, gas-chamber-building intolerance of atheists! :rolleyes:

J C, you're confusing "using models for prediction based on observation of overwhelming evidence" with "bollocks" again.

Please stop lying.

robindch wrote: »
    I'm sure that pointing out that murder and assault constitute "violence" is just another sign of the goose-stepping, gas-chamber-building intolerance of atheists! :rolleyes:

IT WAS GOD'S JUSTICE! YOU'RE TAKING THOSE MURDERS AND ASSAULTS OUT OF CONTEXT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

Then kindly stop with the persecution complex. It's embarrassing and not a little disgusting to watch you claim the above after saying that rational people are a stone's throw away from holocaust-style mass murders.

Again with the paranoia. You may need to see someone about that, it's not healthy. The whole point of being a scientist is coming up with conclusions based on all the evidence available. Creationists don't DO this, they start with an answer and only take evidence that supports that. Basically, they're crap scientists. And nobody should have to be stuck with crap scientists.

You're lying again. The only parts of this thread not showing you evidence about how you're totally wrong are the posts you've written. Actually, half of those prove you wrong too and you're too blind and arrogant to even see it. And the other half are copy/pastes of some creationist website full of bad science that was debunked years ago.

So no. Your worldview is bollocks, backed up by sweet f*ck all. Given the amount of evidence against you in this thread alone, it is a perfectly acceptable conclusion at which to arrive.

Except that it doesn't. You're lying again. We know you're lying, because you've watched all the videos that prove you wrong. It doesn't matter if you reject them. Rejecting them doesn't make you any less wrong. Seriously, you lie so often it wouldn't even make a good drinking game. We'd all be dead from alcohol poisoning before we left the first page.

Again with your "complex functional specified information". You know how many holes there are in that rubbish. It's been explained many times. And you've claimed to have read the links, so we know you're lying when you talk about this, too.

Frankly J C, I'm not sure how you can even look at yourself in the mirror each morning. You are easily the most dishonest person I have ever encountered. And I've done security work around the Fianna Fail tents during race week.

Classy.

• Advertisement

Now Lets apply your theory on other picture--- My theory works properly on that picture.... The results of my theory are --- The absence of maker of the picture, in the picture, doesn't it mean that maker doesn't exist... See, it is reasonable / scientific to believe God........ Now lets apply your theory on other picture?

desert-dune-tree.jpg

Now i ask you the same question (which you have asked) and apply it on the pic?
    Originally Posted by koth viewpost.gif
    ... where's your evidence that maker created the picture?
    Please don't use external means while answering this question.... I want to see existence of maker of picture in the picture?..... If you fail to provide me the correct answer.... Then you are enemy of reason, you are enemy of investigation?.... You don't believe in reason

:D:D:D
    ;)

CFSI.
    that isn't evidence, and you'd know that if you ever studied some science.
    Now Lets apply your theory on other picture--- My theory works properly on that picture....
    No, it doesn't.
    The results of my theory are --- The absence of maker of the picture, in the picture, doesn't it mean that maker doesn't exist... See, it is reasonable / scientific to believe God........
    Your using a reasonable use of logic regarding the picture and then abandoning it entirely when you say it proves that god created the universe.
    Now lets apply your theory on other picture?

desert-dune-tree.jpg

Now i ask you the same question (which you have asked) and apply it on the pic?

Please don't use external means while answering this question.... I want to see existence of maker of picture in the picture?..... If you fail to provide me the correct answer.... Then you are enemy of reason, you are enemy of investigation?.... You don't believe in reason
    [/I]

What a pile of bull crap, if I don't answer god, then I'm an enemy of reason and investigation?

Whats the point in answering the question since I'm not going to say "god did it"? You're just setting up a pointless scenario so you can say that I'm an enemy of reason.

A landscape is not proof that god created the universe. Please try again.

... so you also believe in an intelligent author without seeing him!!!

... and then you criticise Theists for doing the same thing!!!:eek::)

No, I believe in the magic of cameras.

Here's the thing, that picture is quite beautiful. And yes, one person obviously thought the same thing and decided to take a picture of it. They waited until the correct time to take the picture.

However, we actually have proof that someone took the picture. It is quite easy to prove that someone was there and took that picture. With enough effort, we could probably track him down and talk to him.

And you think that that is somehow comparable to someone creating the whole universe by thinking it?

Also, it's funny how theists always pick these beautiful, stunning images to show how there must have been intelligent design behind something so beautiful. What about these images?

mudslide2.jpg

PICT1437-BarrenLandNearLangjokull.JPG

_42441692_zbridgeturbat-ap.jpg

torrentialrain.jpg

Oh thank you for bestowing this beauty (which could kill innocent people) on us, oh Lord

No, it doesn't.
    Yes it works, As the picture represents the intelligent work of human minds, so it is logical to believe God behind the picture of whole universe.....Clearly there is contradiction in your beliefs, Lets see how
    1. You believe in an intelligent creator behind this material picture....
    2. You don't in intelligent creator behind this universe....
    See, you are badly busted and you haven't yet provided the answer
    Your using a reasonable use of logic regarding the picture and then abandoning it entirely when you say it proves that god created the universe.
    I will give another proof logical / scientific proof to believe in intelligence evolution..... i.e artificial intelligence (AI)....

Intelligent appliance will in the near future surpass the talents of human beings, say admirers of artificial intelligence. Such foretellings are no longer espoused only by science-fiction devotees . Some serious scientists are saying the same thing.

Why would someone wish to produce an artificial object more intelligent than man? The answering of some espouser of artificial intelligence (AI) is that, although human being shows the apex of intelligence on the earth, we have shown inept at solving many of our problems. Thus we require a new and good solution.
    What a pile of bull crap, if I don't answer god, then I'm an enemy of reason and investigation?
    You are enemy of reason because you are failed to provide me reason why i should reject God.... I given you enough reason why one should believe in God.....?

Now again answer.....

Is there any evidence God didn't Create the universe?

Science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Intelligent appliance will in the near future surpass the talents of human beings, say admirers of artificial intelligence. Such foretellings are no longer espoused only by science-fiction devotees . Some serious scientists are saying the same thing.

Why would someone wish to produce an artificial object more intelligent than man? The answering of some espouser of artificial intelligence (AI) is that, although human being shows the apex of intelligence on the earth, we have shown inept at solving many of our problems. Thus we require a new and good solution.

Ah what is the point you trying to make here? If anything the possibility of AGI has huge implications for religion and entirely bad for that matter.

Yes it works, As the picture represents the intelligent work of human minds, so it is logical to believe God behind the picture of whole universe.....Clearly there is contradiction in your beliefs, Lets see how
    1. You believe in an intelligent creator behind this material picture....
    2. You don't in intelligent creator behind this universe....
    See, you are badly busted and you haven't yet provided the answer
    you're the one claiming to have proof that god created the universe. You're the one who has to provide the proof. Still waiting.
    I will give another proof logical / scientific proof to believe in intelligence evolution..... i.e artificial intelligence (AI)....
    Not proof, try again.
    how lovely. not proof that god created the universe.
    and we're officially off on a tangent unrelated to the topic.
    You are enemy of reason because you are failed to provide me reason why i should reject God.... I given you enough reason why one should believe in God.....?
    No you haven't. just because it's your religion doesn't mean I'm going to accept it without proof.
    Now again answer.....

I'll repeat myself again since you seem to have missed my answer before. I've seen no compelling evidence that god created the universe.

No, I believe in the magic of cameras.
    Some time Cameras don't work.... why do you believe in magic of an intelligent camera which shows intelligence of human mind.... on the other hand, you dont believe in an intelligent camera present behind this picture of universe....

• Advertisement

Some time Cameras don't work.... why do you believe in magic of an intelligent camera which shows intelligence of human mind.... on the other hand, you dont believe in an intelligent camera present behind this picture of universe....

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you mean.

Alright then, what about the pictures I posted.
    Where is the intelligent design in Hurricanes?
    Where is the intelligent design in floods?
    Where is the intelligent design in areas of severe drought?
    Where is the intelligent design in landslides?
    Where is the intelligent design in earthquakes?
    Where is the intelligent design in volcanos?

All these things are not man-made, they are natural. Which means if the universe had a creator who put us here, he is not intelligent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement