Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Vaccines are safe?" - Family awarded $1.5 million damages

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

King Mob wrote: »
    Well I got vaccines. My siblings all got vaccines. Most people I know got vaccines.
    I don't know anyone who has autism.

So my anecdote trumps yours, right?

:mad:
    FFS! is "winning" an online argument that important to you that you'd stoop so low?

Disgraceful!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

FFS! is "winning" an online argument that important to you that you'd stoop so low?

Disgraceful!

I was illustrating a point.
    It's pretty clear from the context.

I was illustrating a point.
    It's pretty clear from the context.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

Gonna explain how your anecdote is more valid?

Or do you see how anecdotes are pointless in this kinda debate?

Yeah i see where you are coming from but tbh i dont give a s**t wether you listen to me or not, you think a one-size-fits-all vaccine schedule is safe then fair enough but i have seen enough real life evidence to suggest otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Disgraceful!

Stoop so low? It's a discussion and because one person has a vested interest in said discussion doesn't make them more right than someone else.

• Advertisement

Yeah i see where you are coming from but tbh i dont give a s**t wether you listen to me or not,
    That's a good way to spread information alright....
    you think a one-size-fits-all vaccine schedule is safe then fair enough
    Yes, that's because all the medical research shows clearly that it is.
    but i have seen enough real life evidence to suggest otherwise.
    Unfortunately anecdotes aren't "real life evidence".

So unless you've actually got proper evidence, you could quite possibly be spreading false information that could be putting other peoples children at risk.

amacachi wrote: »
    Stoop so low? It's a discussion and because one person has a vested interest in said discussion doesn't make them more right than someone else.

Who said anything about being right? What I have a problem is someone belittling someones sick child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Who said anything about being right? What I have a problem is someone belittling someones sick child.

Where did that happen? The argument was attacked due to the hugely obvious flaw in it.

Where did I belittle anyone's child?

Seriously BB if you're just going to make **** up...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Are you suggesting it its wrong to question a person who is suggesting something that is completely and utterly untrue just because the persons child has autism?

• Advertisement

That's a good way to spread information alright....

Yes, that's because all the medical research shows clearly that it is.

Unfortunately anecdotes aren't "real life evidence".

So unless you've actually got proper evidence, you could quite possibly be spreading false information that could be putting other peoples children at risk.

I wish i was spreading false information, but i have no reason to do that.You can google all the BS rigged "research" you want to but if your not out there talking to parents and carers of these kids then your not in the best position to take the high ground here.

amacachi wrote: »
    Where did that happen? The argument was attacked due to the hugely obvious flaw in it.

Couldn't give a **** about this or any argument. The man's kid has autism. King mob heartlessly shat all over his statement and treated it like he would a link to a CT site.

Not everything is about wining arguments, though it appears for some it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I don't see anything malicious. Truthrevolution put forward his reasons for believing vaccines were unsafe. King Mob then explained why he felt they weren't. I don't see it as belittleling.

TR, you have my sincerest of sympathies, genuinely. However, if you put forward personal information as a way of supporting your argument then if someone wants to address that point then they will have to mention your children.

Now I believe both have made their points as regards why or why not anecdotal evidence is sufficient reason to believe vaccines are unsafe, so move on with the discussion.

I wish i was spreading false information, but i have no reason to do that.
    Well you could honestly believe false information to be true.
    You can google all the BS rigged "research" you want to
    How do you know all my research against your is rigged?
    How do you know your research isn't?
    but if your not out there talking to parents and carers of these kids then your not in the best position to take the high ground here.
    Well I'm not qualified to give medical advice to parents or carers.

But I'm qualified enough to see junk science when I see it.

Yeah i see where you are coming from but tbh i dont give a s**t wether you listen to me or not, you think a one-size-fits-all vaccine schedule is safe then fair enough but i have seen enough real life evidence to suggest otherwise.
    The only real evidence is scientific evidence. It's people who continue to suggest and support the idea that autism and vaccinations are linked, despite the huge scientific evidence to suggest otherwise, that are slowing down autism research. Think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

OK...apparently some people can't take a hint.

Brown Bomber and King Mob can both have a week off for picking up the bickering where the others left off.

UPDATE : I've lifted both bans, subsequent to a PM from Brown Bomber.

Nice one BB, but dont worry its all water off a ducks back at this stage.

@King Mob il continue the discussion with you when your back from your ban.

axer wrote: »
    The only real evidence is scientific evidence. It's people who continue to suggest and support the idea that autism and vaccinations are linked, despite the huge scientific evidence to suggest otherwise, that are slowing down autism research. Think about that.

Oh dont worry i have thought about a lot of things.Did you ever think that most of these "studies" are carried out by people who have a vested interest in mass scientific cover-up?
    And il tell you what is slowing down progress in autism research is acually lack of research in the right areas.Scientific research mostly ignores important factors like mitochondrial problems, yeast infections, gut issues, enviromental factors and yes vaccines too.Also biomedical interventions are usually frowned upon by the mainstream scientific comunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭pablo_escobar

Julie Gerberding was director of CDC from 1998 until jan 2009

In this video she claims not to know much about Hannah Poling case.

She's now the president of Merck Vaccine division.
    But why should anyone doubt this womans sincerity?

The following video is an edited version which shows her discussing the "rare" mitochondrial disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Also there are ALOT of people who have mild cases of autism and its various forms.
    Try look up the symptoms to aspergers,dyspraxia and autism for an example.I know alot of people who know others who are slightly autistic and they havent a clue.I see people who have it walking the streets or living nearby me and it isnt that noticeable when its very mild.
    I also know people who have it! and they dont even know,which is kind of an annoying situation to have to deal with that knowledge.
    But anyway i can think of 4 cases just off the top of my head where i know people who suffer from or most likely suffer from mild autism and they do not know they have it.So how many others are undiagnosed all around the country!
    Do you ever see people that are acting a little strange? Maybe someone you know who is really quirky or a loner for some reason or another?
    Not always but on some of these instances a form of mental illness or autism can be involved,sometimes extremely mild to a point where the symptoms can be hidden after a few years of practise and noticing what is ok in social situations and what isnt.
    So when people here say that they dont know anyone who is autistic,firstly take a look at yourself very closely because you may be one of the few who has gone well into their later years without any knowledge of why you have found life more difficult to deal with than others.
    And second you could have close friends/family who are autistic even very mildly and they may be able to hide nearly all their quirks.
    For what its worth the people i know who suffer social difficulties because of this mild condition are actually the most loyal friends and straight talkers.Some qualities i admire in any person.
    I do really suspect genetics are a big part of this.As i see it dominant in familes as in parents and kids having it in one family but none or maybe only one in another.
    Which makes me think some people choosing each other and having kids could run a small risk because of their gene and dna make create a child thats genetically predisposed towards autism which afaik is some kind of damage or ristriction to the upper part of the brain which are the higher functions.Social interaction,motor functions it can be varied but i wonder does the enviornment help push it that way also.To nourish mutations in genes,maybe vaccines,maybe flouride.
    Hard to say for me and ive seen alot of good arguments for and against the vaccines so i guess theres alot left i need to find out about.

• Advertisement

Oh dont worry i have thought about a lot of things.Did you ever think that most of these "studies" are carried out by people who have a vested interest in mass scientific cover-up?
    I have thought about this.
    Usually these claims are totally unsubstantiated and are usually pretty lame attempts to ignore the studies in question.

Have you ever thought that the places you get your information have their own vested interests or are just plain ill-informed?
    And il tell you what is slowing down progress in autism research is acually lack of research in the right areas.Scientific research mostly ignores important factors like mitochondrial problems, yeast infections, gut issues, enviromental factors and yes vaccines too.Also biomedical interventions are usually frowned upon by the mainstream scientific comunity.
    Why do you think these factors are more important exactly?
    What research has been done to suggest this?

You put studies in quotation marks. Have you read any of them? Is there something in particular you don't agree with in them? or are you just against all the evidence in particular.
    I have never understood how people can give out about the "dangers" of vaccines and then at the same time talk about the likes of biomedical interventions. Biomedical interventions are killing children. Crazy parents doing crazy stuff to their children and then have the nerve to call vaccines dangerous.

Julie Gerberding was director of CDC from 1998 until jan 2009

In this video she claims not to know much about Hannah Poling case.
    She said she hadn't been able to review the case files herself. She didn't say she didnt know much. I would suspect she does not want to comment on a case without having seen all the case files first.
    She's now the president of Merck Vaccine division.
    But why should anyone doubt this womans sincerity?
    I know. Why would the evil pharmaceutical hire a person who obviously doesn't have any experience with vaccinations. They must be out to pay her to shut up. I know now that I am in the conspiracy forum.
    The following video is an edited version which shows her discussing the "rare" mitochondrial disorder.
    Did you even read this?:
    http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp0802904

Torakx wrote: »
    Also there are ALOT of people who have mild cases of autism and its various forms.
    How do you know this? Do you know it is very hard to diagnose autism? but yet you can just see people on the street and diagnose them? Are you that good?

@ King Mob, the issues you have outlined i have spent the last 2 years doing research into these conditions.Havent got the time to go into great details on this forum but you could do well to go look into it yourself if you are really interested.

@ Axer, yes i have looked into studies on both sides of the fence, and also through real life experiences and made my mind up after weighing up either side of the argument.
    Interesting you should suggest that children have been killed through biomedical approaches, have you any evidence to back that up?

@ King Mob, the issues you have outlined i have spent the last 2 years doing research into these conditions.Havent got the time to go into great details on this forum but you could do well to go look into it yourself if you are really interested.
    I've done plenty of research myself, and the overwhelming science shows clearly that there is no link.

Can you at least explain how you know that every single study that goes against your position is "rigged"?
    Cause that was a pretty big claim to leave totally unsubstantiated.

You certainly wouldn't accept me likewise dismissing all of your research would you?

Was the research performed in the university of google?
    @ Axer, yes i have looked into studies on both sides of the fence, and also through real life experiences and made my mind up after weighing up either side of the argument.
    Interesting you should suggest that children have been killed through biomedical approaches, have you any evidence to back that up?
    Real life experiences don't mean jack sh'it. You need empirical evidence.

On Tuesday 23rd August 2005 Abubakar Tariq Nadama died while being given an IV push of disodium EDTA in the office of Dr. Roy Eugene Kerry in Portersville, Pennsylvania.

Chelation therapy and the likes are dangerous to say the least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Tone down the aggression Axer

Was the research performed in the university of google?

By reading books, talking to people who have been effected by this, going to nutritionists, through the DAN etc.

Real life experiences don't mean jack sh'it.

Yes they do, its how things work in the real world.

On Tuesday 23rd August 2005 Abubakar Tariq Nadama died while being given an IV push of disodium EDTA in the office of Dr. Roy Eugene Kerry in Portersville, Pennsylvania.

Chelation therapy and the likes are dangerous to say the least.

Thats BS chelation is perfectly safe if done correctly.In any way chelation is only one small aspect of biomedical interventions, there are so may others but i could of guessed the chelation scaremongering was coming.

Now with regards to that unfortunate child who died of disodium poisoning id like to know who that doctor was working for cause he sure as hell wasnt a certified DAN doctor.You cant chelate kids with acid ffs no wonder he died.You cant just simply blame a toxic death like this on biomedicine.

Flawed argument.

• Advertisement

Thats BS chelation is perfectly safe if done correctly.In any way chelation is only one small aspect of biomedical interventions, there are so may others but i could of guessed the chelation scaremongering was coming.
    Hang on.
    Are you serious?

You think vaccines are dangerous but chelation is perfectly safe?

All medical procedures incur risk, stuff like chelation even more so.
    Other side effects include fever, headache, nausea, stomach upset, vomiting, convulsions, bone marrow depression, hypotension, cardiac arrhythmias, respiratory arrest, and hypocalcemia. Other concerns include kidney failure, which can require permanent life-limiting and expensive dialysis, or cause death.
    And this is leaving aside the fact that chelation has never actually been shown to be an effective treatment for anything other than acute heavy metal poisoning.
    You cant chelate kids with acid ffs no wonder he died.
    That's what chelation actually is.

And here's a handy list of deaths directly attributable to unnecessary chelation.
    Chelation therapy can be hazardous, even conducted with the FDA-approved chelation agents. In August 2005, botched chelation therapy conducted by an ACAM member killed a 5-year-old autistic boy;[15] a 3-year-old nonautistic girl died in February 2005, and a nonautistic adult died in August 2003. These deaths were due to cardiac arrest caused by hypocalcemia during chelation therapy.[33] Only the 3-year-old girl had been medically assessed and found to have an elevated blood lead level and resulting low iron levels and anemia, a proper medical cause for chelation therapy to be conducted.[34]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelation_therapy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement